Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #361
KaryCam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAZPRINCESS View Post
I'm thinking of buying the CD of all photos and maybe 2/3 photos on top and it would be great if the signatures could frame them.
How much is the CD?
We're going on the 6-night Christmas cruise, would it be worth it for that size cruise or is it mostly better for longer cruises?
2013 Spring Break Cruise - East Caribbean (San Juan) - Fantasy
2011 Christmas Cruise - West Caribbean - Magic
KaryCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #362
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san View Post
I'm sure somewhere in all of these posts someone has mentioned this but our favorite tip has to be....
DIVERSIONS!! We spent many evenings down there, until about 11:30 playing yahtzee and having a quiet drink. It is almost always nearly deserted in there... so a nice place to relax after a busy day.
During the day the kids can come with you and there are board games you can use. Our girls loved Jenga and yahtzee and Princess Chutes and Ladders. If you have late seating for dinner, this is a good place to come get snacks before your show. Around 5:00 they put out wings, tortilla chips with salsa, sour cream and some other toppings, fresh veggies and I think there were always hotdogs too.
If you are a sports fan they always have some kind of game on TV.

The waiters/bartenders down in Diversions are the nicest guys. Definitely set aside some time to spend down there

Is there a Diversions equivalent on the Dream?
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #363
jacksmom2009
Mouseketeer

will they only do 1 pillow case per room? this would be a neat thing for us to give my kids when we get back we have 3 kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNutt View Post
Bring a pillowcase from home and give that and some markers to guest services when you board. They will have the chAracters sign it and return it to your room before the end of the cruise.
Great and not so expensive treat!!
jacksmom2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #364
KAZPRINCESS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryCam View Post
How much is the CD?
We're going on the 6-night Christmas cruise, would it be worth it for that size cruise or is it mostly better for longer cruises?
The CD price for a 7 night cruise is $399.95 - not cheap. I give you a link to another thread discussing the pros and cons.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215827

Karen

Counting the days until 2 weeks at the Beach Club.

KAZPRINCESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #365
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmom2009 View Post
will they only do 1 pillow case per room? this would be a neat thing for us to give my kids when we get back we have 3 kids.
I'm sure I've read somewhere they'll do one item per person in a stateroom.
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #366
Okiegal
Earning My Ears

Pillowcases!

Hi! Did the 4-night last April. Got two pillowcases with Mickey/Minnie and the kids names embroidered from e-bay! Look for "grady'smom" on e-bay. She also does fish extenders if you are doing a gift exchange! She is GREAT and super cheap!
Okiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #367
emiliesmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Having just come off the Wonder for the MR trip (sob sob, only came off on Sunday and want to be back on!!), my best tip, and one I got off here is for the secret deck on deck 7. I spent loads of time on there, and most of the time it was deserted. Just take some towels from deck 9, suncream and a book and it was great.

One thing to note is depending on which way the wind is blowing, you may end up with black soot marks on you from the funnel. This happened to me and I reported it at guest services as I didn't know what it was, and they phoned my stateroom to tell me and to aplogise.
OK I have read through most of these posts, but don't recall reading about 'secret deck' 7 - can you elaborate?? On the wonder in 2 weeks!
emiliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #368
stefanie.cadell
Past Cast & Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsabems View Post
I love the idea of givng a thank you gift to the signees and club CMs.... but I wonder if they get incredibly sick of candy.

What's the best thank you gift you've ever given/heard of?

EmsaBems
As a previous CM in Youth Activities (Flounders, Club, Lab, Quest, & Aloft), NO!!!!! We never get sick of candy. Homemade cookies would be the crem de la crem though! Please remember, we're all away from home for about 4.5-6 months on average & we go gaga over anything that wasn't made on the ship or came from a deep fryer.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:49 AM   #369
sues14
Crazy for Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiliesmom View Post
OK I have read through most of these posts, but don't recall reading about 'secret deck' 7 - can you elaborate?? On the wonder in 2 weeks!
There is a deck for you to sit on it's at the back of the ship deck 7 it was behind our state room and my dh and I were going to renew our vows there but it was packed with people on Thursday night on a seven night cruise, of corse every time we went out there before Thursday it, was empty! But it's a nice spot and can be quiet! I hope that helps
sues14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:45 AM   #370
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Mouse View Post
For those "Dream-ers" note, there is no buffet option on disembarkation morning. Your breakfast will be in the last restaurant you dined in the night before.
Do they keep changing this? We ate at Cabanas on the morning of 3/3 before we disembarked.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #371
tikimimi
Pixie - Sgt. at Arms of the Pancake Sisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiliesmom View Post
Like the pp said, it is at the back of deck 7. It is accessible by walking to the end of the hallway or taking the aft stairs to 7 and the door is almost right in front of you. We found nobody there every time we went. The Wonder is WONDERful - enjoy!

tikimimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #372
amysuch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san View Post
I'm sure I've read somewhere they'll do one item per person in a stateroom.

We had 3 people in our room and took 4 items. They didn't even question it.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #373
DizDaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues14 View Post
There is a deck for you to sit on it's at the back of the ship deck 7 it was behind our state room and my dh and I were going to renew our vows there but it was packed with people on Thursday night on a seven night cruise, of corse every time we went out there before Thursday it, was empty! But it's a nice spot and can be quiet! I hope that helps
I'm sues14's husband. I hope this works, but I am trying to post a pic of where the deck is.....orange X marks the door (which is VERY heavy) out to the deck.

Enjoy!

Disney Magic - 2/27/2010 - Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Epic - 9/4/2010 - Western Caribbean
Disney Fantasy - 5/19/2012 Eastern Caribbean
Disney Fantasy - 5/24/2014 Western Caribbean
DizDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #374
TXdeVille
"It's not the cards you are dealt but how you play the hand."

For even more "secrets", buy a Passporter for Disney Cruise Line. They are full of them. They even have a supplement e-book you can download full of even more tips. I even have a tip in there that is published for Castaway Cay - works for any beach area: before coming back on the ship, sprinkle baby powder on your feet while still in the beach area. The sand won't stick and you will be sand free I got Passporter for my first cruise several years ago. They are the bomb! Their 2011 edition will have stuff specifically for the Dream in it

In addition to the pillowcases, you can take a mat for a picture and frame and have the characters sign it. I did this for a friend couple of ours for their anniversary. Originally, they were planning on going to WDW for their anniversary but the wife got diagnosed with breast cancer and couldn't go. So I bought a picture from Shutters with all the characters in tuxedos and such, bought a frame and mat before I left home and had the characters sign the mat. It's on their mantel now
December 2012 - Celebrity Reflection Inaugural Caribbean cruise with the girls
TXdeVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #375
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanie.cadell View Post
As a previous CM in Youth Activities (Flounders, Club, Lab, Quest, & Aloft), NO!!!!! We never get sick of candy. Homemade cookies would be the crem de la crem though! Please remember, we're all away from home for about 4.5-6 months on average & we go gaga over anything that wasn't made on the ship or came from a deep fryer.
But, DCL doesn't permit homemade food on board ... "Homemade, pre-cooked or other perishable items plus any open snack containers cannot be brought on board. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention."

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: