Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #331
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san View Post
I'm sure somewhere in all of these posts someone has mentioned this but our favorite tip has to be....
DIVERSIONS!! We spent many evenings down there, until about 11:30 playing yahtzee and having a quiet drink. It is almost always nearly deserted in there... so a nice place to relax after a busy day.
During the day the kids can come with you and there are board games you can use. Our girls loved Jenga and yahtzee and Princess Chutes and Ladders. If you have late seating for dinner, this is a good place to come get snacks before your show. Around 5:00 they put out wings, tortilla chips with salsa, sour cream and some other toppings, fresh veggies and I think there were always hotdogs too.
If you are a sports fan they always have some kind of game on TV.

The waiters/bartenders down in Diversions are the nicest guys. Definitely set aside some time to spend down there

I completely agree with this We found Diversions about midway through the cruise and if my DD wasn't in the club or the pool that was where she wanted to be. We also found it to be the absolutely perfect place to be on disembarkation morning after breakfast. We weren't in a huge hurry to get off the ship and didn't want to wait in line for the doors to open so we walked over to Diversions and played a few games. Then we got up about 8:00 or so and walked right off the boat.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014

Last edited by peachygreen; 03-08-2011 at 09:52 PM.
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #332
cvac
Earning My Ears

Getting ready for our Dream cruise in June and loving this thread! Thanks for all the tips!
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #333
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

Having just come off the Wonder for the MR trip (sob sob, only came off on Sunday and want to be back on!!), my best tip, and one I got off here is for the secret deck on deck 7. I spent loads of time on there, and most of the time it was deserted. Just take some towels from deck 9, suncream and a book and it was great.

One thing to note is depending on which way the wind is blowing, you may end up with black soot marks on you from the funnel. This happened to me and I reported it at guest services as I didn't know what it was, and they phoned my stateroom to tell me and to aplogise.
Ladyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #334
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Another Diversions fan! On the EBTA that's where we would all 'rally' as people came back from their excursions. A relaxing beverage, a little snack and then off to dinner!

I have 13 days on the Wonder coming up and just hanging out there is one of the things I'm really looking forward to.
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #335
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san View Post
I'm sure somewhere in all of these posts someone has mentioned this but our favorite tip has to be....
DIVERSIONS!! We spent many evenings down there, until about 11:30 playing yahtzee and having a quiet drink. It is almost always nearly deserted in there... so a nice place to relax after a busy day.
During the day the kids can come with you and there are board games you can use. Our girls loved Jenga and yahtzee and Princess Chutes and Ladders. If you have late seating for dinner, this is a good place to come get snacks before your show. Around 5:00 they put out wings, tortilla chips with salsa, sour cream and some other toppings, fresh veggies and I think there were always hotdogs too.
If you are a sports fan they always have some kind of game on TV.

The waiters/bartenders down in Diversions are the nicest guys. Definitely set aside some time to spend down there
Wonderful idea -- thank you! I never realized we could take our DD in there before dinner. Sounds like a great place for some family time.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #336
Husurdady
DIS Veteran

On a 4 day cruise, the restaurant that you like the least of the other two.......tell them you want to dine there on the first night of your cruise.That way you will not repeat that " least like " restaurant during the four days of cruisin'.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:46 AM   #337
sues14
Crazy for Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerkell123 View Post
Okay, a PP mentioned the PassPorter's Treasure Hunt for WDW & DCL. Does anyone actually have one of those that they would be willing to make copies of the DCL pages and send to me? It's out of print, naturally, and the prices on eBay and Alibris range from $22.85 - $216.00!

Might have to resort to buying one, but as they are from 2006, I would rather get copies of the DCL pages and wait for a new edition (hopefully!) for our WDW trip in 2012...

Hoping someone out there can help...
I may have one that is on the computer let me ask my husband our cruise was fen of 2010 so I think it might be somewhat current send me a personal reminder if I take too long my husband is dizdaddy also
sues14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #338
sws.london
Anglophile

I love your avatar Lady Shopper. Do you mind if I use the avatar? I was born in America, however my heart will always be in England.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #339
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues14 View Post
I may have one that is on the computer let me ask my husband our cruise was fen of 2010 so I think it might be somewhat current send me a personal reminder if I take too long my husband is dizdaddy also
Ohhhhh Ohhhhh Me too!!!

If you do have it to share, I'd surely appreciate it!!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #340
sues14
Crazy for Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues14 View Post
So sorry, we have pp disney cruise line 2009 but not the treasure hunt, I would recommend going to the library to see if you can get the one you are looking for. Once again I'm so sorry to get your hopes up, I know I read that one so that's how I got it confused!
sues14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #341
smoof
I've earned my ears!!!

[QUOTE=sherekhan;17440169]The more sharpies you put in, the prettier it will be. I gave them about 7 or 8 from a big pack with colors like aqua, orange, etc. They will even personalize it with your child's name if you request it. (Not that it's a big deal, but I didn't get the pens back)

One time I did a black mat and pillow case with metalic Sharpies. They came out great!

smoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #342
smoof
I've earned my ears!!!

[QUOTE=smoof;40287461]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
The more sharpies you put in, the prettier it will be. I gave them about 7 or 8 from a big pack with colors like aqua, orange, etc. They will even personalize it with your child's name if you request it. (Not that it's a big deal, but I didn't get the pens back)

One time I did a black mat and pillow case with metalic Sharpies. They came out great!
Oh...one more thing, prewash any fabric you are going to write on whether using Sharpies or fabric markers. We have washed them with no problems, but we use them as pillow shams, not sleeping pillows, don't want to wash them too much.

smoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #343
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnil530 View Post
When we went on our cruise last October, I stopped by Target and got some plates for the characters to sign. Put them in a bag with our stateroom number along with some sharpies.

This pictures does not do it justice:

We've also done the blank picture frame mats.
The Mickey plates, tumblers, and other serving pieces are on CLEARANCE at Target. I got the set of 4 white Mickey glove appetizer plates for $3.48.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #344
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws.london View Post
I love your avatar Lady Shopper. Do you mind if I use the avatar? I was born in America, however my heart will always be in England.
Not at all, help yourself!
Ladyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #345
adnil530
I'm someone's special someone....he's special too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
The Mickey plates, tumblers, and other serving pieces are on CLEARANCE at Target. I got the set of 4 white Mickey glove appetizer plates for $3.48.
I didn't see them at our Target. I ordered the gloves from LaughingPlace at $10 a piece, dang!

DL: Often 40+ years WDW: 1990; 2005; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011, 2013, 2014 Disney Cruises:Wonder to Nowhere May 17, 2014; Magic Bahamas January 20, 2014; Wonder December 9, 2012 Eastbound Panama Canal; Wonder Mexican Riviera November 18, 2012; Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise September 30, 2012; Wonder April 1, 2012 Mexican Riviera; Dream December 29, 2011 5 day New Years Double Dip - Bahamas; Wonder May 31, 2011 Vancouver-Alaska; 10/31/2010 Magic Western Caribbean; Magic 4/25/09 1st trip to Tortola -Roy Suite; Wonder Bahamas & Poly 12/14/208 and got hooked! Up and Coming:; Fantasy Nov 29, 2014 Western Caribbean; Wonder b2b May 17, 2015 2 nt to Nowhere & May 19, 2015 Mexico; Wonder b2b Oct 1, 2015 Baha Mexico & Oct 4, 2015 Baha Mexico
adnil530 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: