Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2014, 06:55 PM   #1906
Ancaster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom14 View Post
Wow!!! I can't believe I read this ENTIRE thread!!! I'm not sure when I started but I think it took me over a week.

I've found some really great tips and lots of good info.

I have a question for those more experienced cruisers. If you are bringing alcohol, water, and/or soda in your carry-on, what exactly are you using for your carry-ons? This sounds so heavy!

Thanks in advance!
Unlike an airline, there is no (reasonable limit) to the number of carryons you can bring on the ship so we bring an extra empty duffle bag packed in our suitcase which we take out, shop in Florida for alcohol, small cans of pop, juiceboxes, etc that we then put in the duffle for the ship.

The size limit is actually larger than what's posted. As long as the bag can go through the scanner, it's good. So if your duffle is slightly larger, no worries.

Remember that alcohol in checked luggage will be removed and given back to you at the end of the cruise, so don't put any in those suitcases being checked! And anything that comes in a commercial can or bottle such as those ordered for room service is charged. They do not send fountain pop or juice you can get on Deck9 to your room.
Ancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #1907
Ancaster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyshelle View Post
OK so I have a question about the signatures on the pillowcases... Does the signature bleed through to the other side if I use a permanent marker? Or does Disney take care of that issue? Just didn't know if there would be a problem with this. TIA
In addition to cardboard, write a note that it may bleed through and you would appreciate the cardboard left inside for signing.

We used fabric markers:

Ancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #1908
alagille
Mouseketeer

We used the Pluto Pajama Party pillowcases that they made in the club one night while on the cruise for signatures. The kids colored some of the pluto picture while in the club and the characters signed all around the graphic. They love them!
alagille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:35 PM   #1909
kdesantis44
Earning My Ears

We did something different for signatures. We got the big Mickey gloves and got those signed. They are stuffed so well that they stand on DS' desk. He still likes them three years later.

'74, POFQ 95, 97, 99
OKW 2000, POFQ 01
DYC 04, 06, 07, 08
BCV 08, DYC & DCL 09
BCV 09, 10, AKV & BCV 11, DL 11
AKV & BCV 13, AKV & DCL 14
kdesantis44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #1910
Lisamarie4400
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdesantis44 View Post
We did something different for signatures. We got the big Mickey gloves and got those signed. They are stuffed so well that they stand on DS' desk. He still likes them three years later.
This is a great idea. We own the gloves already. We are almost 6 hours from FL on our drive down but we will do it next time.
October 2013 One Day for Halloween Party
January 2014 3 Days on Disney Magic Cruise Ship

December 2014 5 days on Disney Wonder
Lisamarie4400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #1911
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdesantis44 View Post
WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! I gotta do this!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #1912
mrslfc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancaster View Post
Unlike an airline, there is no (reasonable limit) to the number of carryons you can bring on the ship so we bring an extra empty duffle bag packed in our suitcase which we take out, shop in Florida for alcohol, small cans of pop, juiceboxes, etc that we then put in the duffle for the ship.

The size limit is actually larger than what's posted. As long as the bag can go through the scanner, it's good. So if your duffle is slightly larger, no worries.

Remember that alcohol in checked luggage will be removed and given back to you at the end of the cruise, so don't put any in those suitcases being checked! And anything that comes in a commercial can or bottle such as those ordered for room service is charged. They do not send fountain pop or juice you can get on Deck9 to your room.

Hi it has take a while but I have read through all these post, thanks so much for the tips I have made loads of notes for my first cruise in Aug!!!

Just wondering for the carry on, I have a wheelie bag that is a couple of inches bigger than the size posted do you think this would be ok? How strict are they on the size?
mrslfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #1913
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslfc View Post
.... I have a wheelie bag that is a couple of inches bigger than the size posted do you think this would be ok? ....

Also ... Welcome
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #1914
GenerationK-er
NOLA Rising/New Orleans is Back/Mardi Gras 4ever

No need to rent the inner tubes on Castaway Cay. They can typically be found abandoned on the island a couple of hours after debarkation and they are HUGE!

Disney Dream February 2012

Oh What Dreams May Come! It's back to Castaway Cay February 2013

Magical Refurbishment Disney Magic March 2014

A WONDER-ful Mardi Gras 2015
GenerationK-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #1915
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
Hi it has take a while but I have read through all these post, thanks so much for the tips I have made loads of notes for my first cruise in Aug!!!

Just wondering for the carry on, I have a wheelie bag that is a couple of inches bigger than the size posted do you think this would be ok? How strict are they on the size?
It has to go though the x ray machine so keep that in mind. Same type as at the airport.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #1916
mrslfc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post

Also ... Welcome

Thanks
Old 01-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #1917
mrslfc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB View Post
It has to go though the x ray machine so keep that in mind. Same type as at the airport.
Ok great thanks, I have taken it on a plane many times and is actually a lot smaller then some others I have seen on flights so should be fine
Old 01-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #1918
Ancaster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok great thanks, I have taken it on a plane many times and is actually a lot smaller then some others I have seen on flights so should be fine
I saw some bags larger than my duffle go through the machine (ours is the exact limit). If you have a problem, unless it's a hard case, remove some items, bring extra grocery type cloth bags or use your beach bag, and put the excess in them. You are allowed more than one carryon.
Just remember you will be lugging around anything you carry in until your room is ready.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:52 AM   #1919
mrslfc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancaster View Post
I saw some bags larger than my duffle go through the machine (ours is the exact limit). If you have a problem, unless it's a hard case, remove some items, bring extra grocery type cloth bags or use your beach bag, and put the excess in them. You are allowed more than one carryon.
Just remember you will be lugging around anything you carry in until your room is ready.
Thanks it should be fine I think as it is only a couple of inches bigger on the width and it has wheels so not worried about having to carry it, want to be able to put wine and beer in it!!
Old 01-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #1920
MrsRaker
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the great tips!
MrsRaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: