Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #1846
okstategrads
Earning My Ears

We just got off of the Wonder. They only allowed 2 items per stateroom to be signed- so I left 2 pillowcases .. I took our photo mat to the characters and got my own signatures. It worked out great. Also our drinks (we had ones with alcohol in them) weren't free at the sailaway party You will have a wonderful time!! If you take bottles of wine, remember to take a corkscrew. We forgot ours
okstategrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #1847
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelFloyd View Post
so clever, I may have to bring two sets of cups, one for floats and one for soda. Is there a 24/7 icecream area too? I am so excited, It is getting harder and harder to keep this whole surprise a surprise.

Can you mail the drinks to ship? We will be on Disney property first, so wouldn't want to spend disney prices for 12 pack for cruise
From the FAQ sticky on the first page:

Boxes Sent the Ship Ahead of Cruise - PLEASE follow these instructions carefully!!!!!! UPDATED AS OF 2/25/2009
" ONE box per stateroom, no exceptions.
" The package must have the guest full name, ship, sailing date, stateroom number or GTY if you have not been assigned a stateroom number.
" The package also must have a packing slip attached to the outside of the box that details the contents of the package. For prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient. Your list may or may not be read but it must have one. Write packing slip on the outside of the envelope.
" NO FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC.. Items that cannot be shipped to the Disney Cruise Line Warehouse and delivered to the ship include: food products (any and all food products including baby food/formula), beverages (liquor, water, etc.), chemicals, and luggage. These items will not be accepted at the warehouse and will be returned. This may cause the dogs to hit on your box and that would be a bad thing." The required size of the cartons you are shipping down have to be about the size of a record storage box 12 inches on a side and should not weigh more than 20 lbs. (This has been asked personally by Dave Adams who is the owner)

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #1848
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstategrads View Post
We just got off of the Wonder. They only allowed 2 items per stateroom to be signed- so I left 2 pillowcases .. I took our photo mat to the characters and got my own signatures. It worked out great. Also our drinks (we had ones with alcohol in them) weren't free at the sailaway party You will have a wonderful time!! If you take bottles of wine, remember to take a corkscrew. We forgot ours

hmmmm, someone told me they were free at the sailaway party, so weird. But we don't drink anyways.

Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
RapunzelFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #1849
okstategrads
Earning My Ears

Wish they would've been free 😉
okstategrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #1850
Racer X
Mouseketeer

Sail away drinks

Speaking of Sail Away...

Just recently off a 4 day Dream cruise. Went off to find my wife a sail away drink (in a souvenir plastic cup no less)... I get accused of drinking hers so i got 2... $22 later...

Anyways literally 10 mins later, they couldnt give them away! 2 for 1! $5! so a hint would be just chill and wait until the middle of the party and get yours 2 for 1 or 1/2 price
Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #1851
The Sasquatch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMontheseas View Post
That's so sweet! For accuracy's sake, not so much at night as between 1 - 4 in the afternkn depending on their greet/stroll schedule (they technically aren't allowed to do Mickey Mail outside of work areas/off hours!)
That is great info! I thought there might be actually many CM's doing the signatures. Didnt think it was actually the characters.

We usually stuff a bag with candy and snack stuff assuming CM's don't get off the boat a lot.
The Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:49 AM   #1852
Phantomzkb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
Speaking of Sail Away...

Just recently off a 4 day Dream cruise. Went off to find my wife a sail away drink (in a souvenir plastic cup no less)... I get accused of drinking hers so i got 2... $22 later...

Anyways literally 10 mins later, they couldnt give them away! 2 for 1! $5! so a hint would be just chill and wait until the middle of the party and get yours 2 for 1 or 1/2 price

This is great to watch for!
Thanks for the info

B2B with
Phantomzkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:54 AM   #1853
MINNIEANN MOUSE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomzkb View Post
This is great to watch for! Thanks for the info
Do the "sail away" drinks still get charged to your room? Good to know...we will just wait it out, thanks for the top ;-)
Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #1854
Minniemiss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINNIEANN MOUSE View Post
Do the "sail away" drinks still get charged to your room? Good to know...we will just wait it out, thanks for the top ;-)

Yes, they will ask for your room key.
Minniemiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #1855
susanv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks Ok, so food is free everywhere? Just get my own drinks before I head to room to get room service. I plan on bring our refillable mugs from Disney since I was told cups at drink station are tiny.
Food from room service is free, however packaged snacks ie. m&m's have a fee.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #1856
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanv View Post
Food from room service is free, however packaged snacks ie. m&m's have a fee.
what about the mickey bars?

DLP- September 2013
Old 01-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #1857
valee
Mouseketeer

And for those newbies, there's apparently a charge for smoothies. Although why you would want a smoothie when there's Mickey bars available in exchange for a room service tip...

Edited: I can mangle a sentence - I meant to convey that the info in my message was for newbies, not that only newbies are charged for smoothies. That would really be an ugly secret.
valee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #1858
DaisyNY
DIS Veteran

Does everything get charged to your room...or can you use good old-fashioned cash if you like???
Old 01-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #1859
dllocals
Mouseketeer

Quote:

what about the mickey bars?
Room service includes Mickey Bars, even though they are not on the Room Service Menu Card. We just got off the Fantasy and ordered Mickey Bars on three different nights. It is customary to tip your room service person.
dllocals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #1860
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by valee View Post
And for those newbies, there's apparently a charge for smoothies. Although why you would want a smoothie when there's Mickey bars available in exchange for a room service tip...

Edited: I can mangle a sentence - I meant to convey that the info in my message was for newbies, not that only newbies are charged for smoothies. That would really be an ugly secret.

That would be mean
Anyways so the Mickey bars are free, but of course we need to tip room service. I am right in the fact that the room service waiters are not part of our normal room crew, so we need to tip them at delivery, right?

DLP- September 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: