Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #1831
Mollie Mooster
Earning My Ears

I went to the non member DVC presentation and won $200 OBC drawing.
Mollie Mooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #1832
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollie Mooster View Post
I went to the non member DVC presentation and won $200 OBC drawing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sasquatch View Post
For everyone requesting pillow cases and frames, make sure you send a bag of goodies with your stuff.

These kids are sitting up at night signing everyones things and its nice to give them something in return.

As someone suggested, get a box of different color sharpies and they will sign them in the characters colors. Nice additional touch.
Always take care of the CM's, they deserve it!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #1833
wrighter
DIS Veteran

What kinds of goodies might you suggest?
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 Family Reunion at Saratoga Springs
wrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #1834
momof2tx
Earning My Ears

Signed items - as of NYE Dream cruise, still doing them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlethelen View Post
I heard an awful rumor somewhere that they may have stopped signing items that guests bring to guest services.
Please tell me this is just a rumor!
We went on the Dream NYE cruise - 12/29/13 - 1/2/14 and left a Mickey white plate with sharpies. Received back with sharpies on last evening and all looked great!
momof2tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:09 AM   #1835
Lauralaylin
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if there is a size limit? I wanted to have the matte of a frame signed. It's not small, although it's the same size as one we carried around WDW in a backpack, so it's not super huge.
Lauralaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #1836
GoofyLovingFamily
Mouseketeer

We had a photo mat signed that holds an 11 x 14 photo. I think your photo mat will be fine.
GoofyLovingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #1837
rosinski
Earning My Ears

I want to bring a matte frame to have signed but I'm not sure how to get it on the plane. I would like to get an 8x10 but afraid to pack it in my luggage just in case it gets smashed. Any suggestion?
rosinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #1838
GoofyLovingFamily
Mouseketeer

I put my mat in between two bigger pieces of sturdy cardboard. I then packed in the middle of my clothes in a suitcase. It was fine for us.
GoofyLovingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #1839
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBanksFam View Post
That's what they say....but we took two pillow cases for our two boys and had no problems. We had a friend with an embroidery machine stitch the boys' names in Waltograph font with the cruise dates and ship. They are asleep on them right now. So glad we did it.

One more thing I didn't see posted... If someone offers you a drink, it's free! I didn't know that one until after the Sail Away party. The drinks are complementary at the Sail Away party and at the Captain's reception.
I was thinking about bringing one photo mat and two pillowcases, it is my hubby's 30th surprise trip to go on Dream in June. So I wanted a frame to get a birthday picture of him, then two pillowcases (one for each of us), would that be an issue?

Also the free drinks and stuff, I am so lost. I thought the cruise was all inclusive. What do you pay for? We don't drink alcohol, so I don't have to worry about this. But I am lost, I thought we didn't pay for any food or drinks, can someone clarify what we pay for so I am not caught off guard. Help!

Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
RapunzelFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #1840
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelFloyd View Post
I was thinking about bringing one photo mat and two pillowcases, it is my hubby's 30th surprise trip to go on Dream in June. So I wanted a frame to get a birthday picture of him, then two pillowcases (one for each of us), would that be an issue?

Also the free drinks and stuff, I am so lost. I thought the cruise was all inclusive. What do you pay for? We don't drink alcohol, so I don't have to worry about this. But I am lost, I thought we didn't pay for any food or drinks, can someone clarify what we pay for so I am not caught off guard. Help!
All food is included, except for the adult dining (Remy/Palo). Beverages at meals (except for alcoholic) included also included 24/7 from the drink station. Alcoholic drinks/specialty coffee all have a cost. Sodas ordered from room service, in the bars/lounges, and from poolside servers have a cost.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #1841
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
All food is included, except for the adult dining (Remy/Palo). Beverages at meals (except for alcoholic) included also included 24/7 from the drink station. Alcoholic drinks/specialty coffee all have a cost. Sodas ordered from room service, in the bars/lounges, and from poolside servers have a cost.
Thanks Ok, so food is free everywhere? Just get my own drinks before I head to room to get room service. I plan on bring our refillable mugs from Disney since I was told cups at drink station are tiny.

DLP- September 2013
Old 01-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #1842
Ancaster
Mouseketeer

Along with alcohol, I brought a 12-pack of mini pop cans in my carry on for the room. Saved a few trips to the deck's fountain pop machine.
Before a show (or anytime) you can fill a Bubba Keg with pop and ice cream = floats!
Ancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #1843
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancaster View Post
Along with alcohol, I brought a 12-pack of mini pop cans in my carry on for the room. Saved a few trips to the deck's fountain pop machine.
Before a show (or anytime) you can fill a Bubba Keg with pop and ice cream = floats!
so clever, I may have to bring two sets of cups, one for floats and one for soda. Is there a 24/7 icecream area too? I am so excited, It is getting harder and harder to keep this whole surprise a surprise.

Can you mail the drinks to ship? We will be on Disney property first, so wouldn't want to spend disney prices for 12 pack for cruise

DLP- September 2013
Old 01-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #1844
Ancaster
Mouseketeer

On our last DC, the 12 pack of mini pop I bought at a grocery store in Miami beforehand. I think we also brought a 12 of beer, rum in a plastic bottle, a box of wine (lol) and some mini bottles of water to take on excursions. Remember DCL lets you bring what can fit in your carry-on. There's no weight limit like a flight.

Look into Bubba Keg mugs. They are the best thing on the planet on cruises and caribbean vacations.
Ancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #1845
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancaster View Post
On our last DC, the 12 pack of mini pop I bought at a grocery store in Miami beforehand. I think we also brought a 12 of beer, rum in a plastic bottle, a box of wine (lol) and some mini bottles of water to take on excursions. Remember DCL lets you bring what can fit in your carry-on. There's no weight limit like a flight.

Look into Bubba Keg mugs. They are the best thing on the planet on cruises and caribbean vacations.
I will thanks

DLP- September 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: