Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #1606
PoohJen
Willing to share a Mickey Bar?
I brought it with me everywhere on my Disney cruise
Quick, get to the hammock!- Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Oh, another thing, there are hooks on the walls (as well as the back of the bathroom doors) that the hanging organizers can be put on, you just need to figure out what kind of hanger you want to put on yours to use the hooks and not over the door.
We also have a smaller organizer that hangs on a string, not hooks, so maybe that would work on the wall hooks you mentioned.
MNSSHP '04, '05, '06 MVMCP '07 and a few All Star quickies DCL Magic Nov '04 Eastern Trip Report Magic Wstrn Dbl Dip Aug '06 Trip Report, Wonder Dec '07 Trip Report Magic Dble Dip Aug '09 Trip Report Wonder Feb '10 DCL Dream July '11, Aug '13
PoohJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #1607
mjp526
Earning My Ears

Subbing
mjp526 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #1608
jamilynhunt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohJen View Post

We also have a smaller organizer that hangs on a string, not hooks, so maybe that would work on the wall hooks you mentioned.
where is the best place to get those?
jamilynhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #1609
NickyDa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamilynhunt View Post

Maybe the luggage/travel section of Target or other store would be a good place to look. We use the roll up bag for toiletries the came with our suitcases. It has one hook so we use it on one of the wall pegs in the room.

Premium Annual Passholders: WDW Regulars! runDisney Fanatics
(absolutely no way to list how many times we have been to WDW)

Wonder (5-night Western) 3/20/2015
Magic (7-night Eastern) 10/26/2014
Fantasy (7-night Western) 5/25/2013
Dream (4-night) 6/20/2012
Dream (3-night) 3/31/2011
NickyDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #1610
PoohJen

Quote:
Mine is a shoe holder, for about 8 pairs of shoes (each shoe has its own pockets). It is of a light, nylon fabric. I'm sure I got it on the cheap at Walmart. It has a thick string (thin rope?) at the top for hanging, which means it doesn't hang as sturdily at an "over the door" shoe holder that has 6 hooks at the top to hang over your door.

Also, the pockets are not clear (like on my hook one), but that's not a big deal.

I'll bring it, b/c they sure are handy, but I'm not sure it will be helpful if there are not two cabin hooks to keep it from swinging side to side (i.e., hanging on one hook won't keep it sturdy).
MNSSHP '04, '05, '06 MVMCP '07 and a few All Star quickies DCL Magic Nov '04 Eastern Trip Report Magic Wstrn Dbl Dip Aug '06 Trip Report, Wonder Dec '07 Trip Report Magic Dble Dip Aug '09 Trip Report Wonder Feb '10 DCL Dream July '11, Aug '13
Old 07-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #1611
A123
A123

Question Questions for best kept secrets

Does anyone have secrets to share about any of the Caribbean Islands like
St. Marrten and St. Thomas??
What are the best scenic places to tour on these islands with tweens?? (Not nude beaches!!!)
What tours will give you the best pictures for being a first time visitor to these islands??
What's the best tour on Castaway Cay??
Is there buses or cars to take you around the islands?? If so does anyone know how much it costs??
And What is the best thing to do on a 7 night cruise? is there any hidden Mickey's to find? What about secret passages?? We are first time cruisers on the DCL Fantasy and we are on deck 8. Where's the best place to sit or stand for the fireworks and do they have a area for the handicap when this comes around.
What about the picture cd on the Fantasy anyone know the price?
A123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #1612
A123
A123

Cruise Meet thread

How do you join the cruise meet thread?? How do you get started?
Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #1613
PoohJen

Quote:
Originally Posted by A123 View Post
At the top of the main "Disney Cruise Line Forum" (the page where you found this thread), there is a thread for "Cruise Meets", just above "Trip Reports". On the cruise meets thread, there is a thread listing links to all the cruise meets threads by date/ship. Just locate your sailing, go to the link and post an introduction to your fellow cruisers!

If there is no meets thread established yet for your date, you can start your own on that page. But you should be committed to sticking it through to your cruise date, as sometimes the original poster will update the front page with lists of posters, fish extender info, etc.

Have fun!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #1614
Lita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You just do a search for your cruise and announce yourself and subscribe. The organizer will add you to the list.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Lita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #1615
jamilynhunt
Earning My Ears

how can I add to the special special occasions that we are cebrating on our cruise to the FE list that we are on? or is it too late
jamilynhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #1616
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
how can I add to the special special occasions that we are cebrating on our cruise to the FE list that we are on? or is it too late
You must do this on your cruise meet thread.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #1617
A123
A123

Towel Animals

I know that the DCL Fantasy also has the towel animal classes. I hear they are a lot of fun. What type of animals do you make? What is the charge for the class?
I also heard that if you talk to the steward that does your room sometimes they will get copies for you for the towel animals. Is this true?
I would prefer to take the class. But I guess there is a book you can buy also. Is that true?

A123
Old 07-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #1618
A123
A123

Door Magnets

Where can you buy the Disney door magnets for the cruise?
Also does anyone know what the Disney Fantasy does for Birthdays or Anniversaries at dinner???

A123
Old 07-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #1619
PoohJen

Quote:
Where can you buy the Disney door magnets for the cruise?
Also does anyone know what the Disney Fantasy does for Birthdays or Anniversaries at dinner??? A123
Door Magnets - don't know where you can buys, but perhaps this might help you: there are several good hearted people on the DIS who will make you a design ("disign") for free. Then you can print it out either on special magnetic paper or - what I do - prin it on regular paper, then (with or without laminating), cut up some thin magnetic strips (from the dollar store, or just use old refridgerator magnets) and glue them onto the back of your sign. Voila! A fun project, not difficult.

I've sailed on Magic, Wonder and Dream - they always present a small cake to the honoree on the occasions you mentioned.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #1620
RatherBeWithMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I know that the DCL Fantasy also has the towel animal classes. I hear they are a lot of fun. What type of animals do you make? What is the charge for the class?
I also heard that if you talk to the steward that does your room sometimes they will get copies for you for the towel animals. Is this true?
I would prefer to take the class. But I guess there is a book you can buy also. Is that true?

A123
The class was free when I took it. It was a couple years ago, so I don't really remember what animals we made (there were several, one was a monkey). The cast member who taught ours was a lot of fun. I think there was a book in the shops that you could buy. At the class, they gave us a photocopied sheet with instructions for the ones we did in class, plus a few others.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: