Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #1486
emij
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 218

Totally in love with this thread! Thanks for so many insights!
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #1487
smithzer1
Mouseketeer
 
smithzer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by emij View Post
Totally in love with this thread! Thanks for so many insights!
I Second That!!!!!
smithzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #1488
PixieDustBeliever
Earning My Ears
 
PixieDustBeliever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 10

Does anybody know if there is a Vinylmation trading box on the Disney Dream?
PixieDustBeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #1489
4 The Love Of Disney
Pro-Planner
 
4 The Love Of Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustBeliever View Post
Does anybody know if there is a Vinylmation trading box on the Disney Dream?
On our January 2013 Cruise - yes the Dream had one in the gift shop
__________________








Watch out Mickey, here we come!

2014 - Disney Fantasy and POR
2013 - Disney Dream, POR & runDisney weekend
2011 - POR, Disney Dream, Boardwalk Inn
2010 - POR
2009 - All Star Movies - Toy Story bldg
2008 - All Star Music, All Star Sports, All Star Movies
2006 - Animal Kingdom
2005 - Offsite
4 The Love Of Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:39 AM   #1490
mrsashbaugh
<3 DISNEY
 
mrsashbaugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
3. Challenge the kids to an ABC photo shoot (they must find somewhere for every letter of the alphabet to have their picture taken--A is for Animator's, etc.). Makes for a great scrapbook when you get home.
LOVE this idea! Thanks!
mrsashbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #1491
Lauriejl2
Mouseketeer
 
Lauriejl2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post

I agree. I don't see how it would make a difference if you order room service or go to Cabanas. Cabanas opens for continental breakfast at 7:00 and full buffet at 7:30. All ashore isn't until 8:30 so you would have plenty of time either way. But to each their own.
I can see how this would work for me.... I'm in a room with just my 2 kids dh is in a room with our other 2 kids .... I can see how this would allow my little ones to eat while I get ready. And also I may do the CC 5 k with my oldest so I also was thinking something small and quick to eat from room service before the 5 k
__________________
Laurie
Lauriejl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #1492
tweis
DIS Veteran
 
tweis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 2,785

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof1 View Post
I've been reading to order breakfast through room service the morning of castaway cay so that you can get off of the boat sooner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriejl2 View Post
I can see how this would work for me.... I'm in a room with just my 2 kids dh is in a room with our other 2 kids .... I can see how this would allow my little ones to eat while I get ready. And also I may do the CC 5 k with my oldest so I also was thinking something small and quick to eat from room service before the 5 k
That statment was in direct response to the above quote. No matter where you choose to have breakfast, all ashore is not until 8:30. That is the point I was making.

If having room service will help you and your family get ready more quickly then go for it and enjoy the yummy pastries.
__________________
4 NIGHT MAGIC 2014 The Magic is better than the Dream.....I'll be the judge of that!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3272639

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #1493
Lauriejl2
Mouseketeer
 
Lauriejl2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post

That statment was in direct response to the above quote. No matter where you choose to have breakfast, all ashore is not until 8:30. That is the point I was making.

If having room service will help you and your family get ready more quickly then go for it and enjoy the yummy pastries.
Oh I know.... My quote got cut off I was just stating my opinion how I could see how this could benefit someone like me to get moving earlier
__________________
Laurie
Lauriejl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #1494
tweis
DIS Veteran
 
tweis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 2,785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriejl2 View Post
Oh I know.... My quote got cut off I was just stating my opinion how I could see how this could benefit someone like me to get moving earlier
Yes, I see how it could be easier with small children
__________________
4 NIGHT MAGIC 2014 The Magic is better than the Dream.....I'll be the judge of that!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3272639

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #1495
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.
 
EPCOTatNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Orleans, La
Posts: 2,126

2 things.

1. Cat 8's(241 sq ft) have more "livable" space than Cat 7's, 6's, and Cat 5's(203 sq ft).(except for 5E)
Cat 8's have a large porthole, while the others mentioned have verandahs. I actually prefer the porthole to the verandah, so I gladly booked a larger room for less money.

2. Never give up on your preferred Cat. if initially sold out. I booked a Cat 9B because I wanted a porthole and there were no Cat 8's available at time of booking. Cat 9's have medium sized portholes while Cat 8's have the large ones that you can sit/lay in. Anyway, I periodically checked backed to see if any became available and yesterday, 3 popped up. Needles to say, I changed my reservation immediately. After my 10% OBB discount was applied, the difference in price was less than $100. So, never give up.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)



EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #1496
ollynholly
Mouseketeer
 
ollynholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstategrads View Post
Tervis is a great choice. However, if you touch/hold them with sunscreen on your hands, it messes up the finish.

I'm sure there was a response to this already, but we bought the handles for our Tervis. Love them! They help with keeping your lotion off the tumbler.
__________________
DH DW DD
WDW: Nov 2010-POP * Nov 2012-POP * May 2014-CBR * Oct 2014-ASmo *
DCL: Oct 2011-Eastern Caribbean * Sept 2012-Canada/New England Coast
ollynholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #1497
MDennis28
Mouseketeer
 
MDennis28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollynholly View Post

I'm sure there was a response to this already, but we bought the handles for our Tervis. Love them! They help with keeping your lotion off the tumbler.
I had no idea about sunscreen and Tervis! Thank you!!
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:06 AM   #1498
kyokun916
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10

Thanks all for the tips! My honeymoon cruise on Disney's Dream is in a little over two weeks and these tips have been immensely helpful. I especially love the signed photo matte idea. For the photo matte, do we have to include them in a ziploc bag as well? Also, I don't want to be too greedy, but can I get them to sign two photo mattes (such as a 11"x14" and a smaller sized one)? Thanks for any and all help in advance! You all are the best!
kyokun916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:23 AM   #1499
MDennis28
Mouseketeer
 
MDennis28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyokun916 View Post
Thanks all for the tips! My honeymoon cruise on Disney's Dream is in a little over two weeks and these tips have been immensely helpful. I especially love the signed photo matte idea. For the photo matte, do we have to include them in a ziploc bag as well? Also, I don't want to be too greedy, but can I get them to sign two photo mattes (such as a 11"x14" and a smaller sized one)? Thanks for any and all help in advance! You all are the best!
Don't forget a pillowcase or two! Get fabric markers at Staples to make sure the signatures don't run. You can even have them embroidered after your cruise with name, dates...Congratulations!!
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #1500
BetsyRNBSN
Mouseketeer
 
BetsyRNBSN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 213

We just got off the Dream last week and were told by guest services that the limit is 2 items per stateroom for signing. Justan FYI. I left the 2 pillowcases for the girls, but couldn't leave one for me or my photo mat. Not sure what I would do if I had 3kids in one stateroom....
Thanks!
__________________




Betsy in IN

BetsyRNBSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: