Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

Oversight or Intentional: age restriction for Remy only?

Forgive me if this was already discussed, but ...

I was on our cruise reservation today to check some bookings (Fantasy). Below the area where you select what you'd like to reserve, this caught my eye (color change mine):

All Guests dining at Remy must be age 18 or older.
Each Guest may dine at Remy only once per cruise and may dine at Palo only once per cruise for each meal – Dinner, Brunch and High Tea. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time cancellations must be done aboard ship and are subject to cancellation fees. When Guests have not cancelled a dining reservation at Palo or Remy by 2:00 p.m. on the day of the reservation or do not show to the restaurant to honor their reservation, the reservation is considered confirmed and 100% of the Dining Option is applied to the Guests' folio.

No mention of Palo age restrictions.

I know DCL was running a survey earlier about lowering the Palo age limit. Think it's happening? (For the record, we got the survey and were adamantly in the "do not lower the age restriction for Palo" camp.)
Old 07-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandNessa View Post
Forgive me if this was already discussed, but ...

I was on our cruise reservation today to check some bookings (Fantasy). Below the area where you select what you'd like to reserve, this caught my eye (color change mine):

All Guests dining at Remy must be age 18 or older.
Each Guest may dine at Remy only once per cruise and may dine at Palo only once per cruise for each meal – Dinner, Brunch and High Tea. All prices are subject to change without notice. Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time cancellations must be done aboard ship and are subject to cancellation fees. When Guests have not cancelled a dining reservation at Palo or Remy by 2:00 p.m. on the day of the reservation or do not show to the restaurant to honor their reservation, the reservation is considered confirmed and 100% of the Dining Option is applied to the Guests' folio.

No mention of Palo age restrictions.

I know DCL was running a survey earlier about lowering the Palo age limit. Think it's happening? (For the record, we got the survey and were adamantly in the "do not lower the age restriction for Palo" camp.)
There was debate a while ago but its still 18 for Palo

(( I was "for" Palo, changing if say it was teenages 14>18 and limited to an extension of hours say 5pm > 6pm slots and out by 7pm. Then adults only)).
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3182194
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic Eight cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 and 15 night Panama crossings, and 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Over 14 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2014, 12:18 PM   #3
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Must sleep barefoot

Does anyone remember if it used to say All Guests dining at Remy and Palo must be 18?

Wondering if this is new wording and a foreshadowing of policy changes to come.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
DISNEY FANTASY

On the Palo page for Dream/ Fantasy it still says.

Palo on the Disney Dream is an intimate Adult Exclusive restaurant located on Deck 12, Aft that boasts Northern Italian cuisine for dinner nightly. Along with its rich cuisine and upscale atmosphere, Palo offers sweeping ocean views and an elegant décor—a perfect romantic setting for Guests 18 years of age or older.

Here

and

Adult Exclusive Dining

Disney Cruise Line Adults Exclusive Dining includes a restaurant designed exclusively for our adult Guests 18 years of age and over, where adults can enjoy the magic of a more romantic and elegant dining experience during their vacation.

Other Adult Exclusive Dining on the Disney Dream
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic Eight cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 and 15 night Panama crossings, and 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #5
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

It must be an oversight. I was just on the page and it said that Palo and Remy are Adult only restaurants when you go to the Adult Dining section.

I personally hope they don't change it. One of the reasons we cruise Disney is because they are one of the few cruise lines that keep adult only areas just that. If they start taking that away we may have to take our business elsewhere.
wilkeliza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Must sleep barefoot

Just to be clear, I'm on the page where I have an active reservation, and I'm within my booking window to select dining reservations, shorex, etc. That is where my excerpt is taken from. If the general adult dining description still says 18, that does make me feel better.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #7
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Just to be clear, I'm on the page where I have an active reservation, and I'm within my booking window to select dining reservations, shorex, etc. That is where my excerpt is taken from. If the general adult dining description still says 18, that does make me feel better.
I will look at mine for my cruise...
Old 07-05-2014, 12:46 PM   #8
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

I just tried to book Palo dinner for our cruise and it wouldn't let me choose DS15, just the adults.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #9
DISNEY FANTASY

My Mykonos night Palo dinner says.

Palo Dinner Modify Cancel

Palo is an Adult Exclusive restaurant located on Deck 10, Aft aboard the Disney Magic. The restaurant serves Northern Italian cuisine for dinner. Additionally, brunch is offered on select cruises.

Dress Code at Palo: Men should wear dress pants and a dress shirt—a jacket is optional. Women should wear a dress or pantsuit. Please, no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #10
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarker View Post
I just tried to book Palo dinner for our cruise and it wouldn't let me choose DS15, just the adults.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #11
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

Quote:
Each Guest may dine at Remy only once per cruise and may dine at Palo only once per cruise for each meal – Dinner, Brunch and High Tea.
Umm . . Are they offering High Tea at Palo again, or is that more misinformation?
DCL #20: 11/8/2014 DISNEY FANTASY
DCL #21: 2/28/2015 DISNEY FANTASY
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #12
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by taswira View Post
Umm . . Are they offering High Tea at Palo again, or is that more misinformation?
The post was about Remy and Remy has a high tea now.-A dessert experience.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #13
taswira

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
The post was about Remy and Remy has a high tea now.-A dessert experience.
Please excuse me. I quoted directly from the OP's post: "Each Guest may dine at Remy only once per cruise and may dine at Palo only once per cruise for each meal – Dinner, Brunch and High Tea." - so that was not just "about Remy." Only marginally OT so I didn't think it necessary to start another thread regarding the OP's quoted post.

Remy offers Dinner, a Champagne Brunch, and a Dessert Experience. They do NOT offer a High Tea and have no reference to such in their description on DCL's website. In fact, their description only mentions coffee with the Dessert Experience, but perhaps tea can be requested. Since Palo discontinued their High Tea quite awhile ago, mention of it is what prompted my question. Obviously it is yet another error by the webmaster, no?
Old 07-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #14
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by taswira View Post
Please excuse me. I quoted directly from the OP's post: "Each Guest may dine at Remy only once per cruise and may dine at Palo only once per cruise for each meal – Dinner, Brunch and High Tea." - so that was not just "about Remy." Only marginally OT so I didn't think it necessary to start another thread regarding the OP's quoted post.

Remy offers Dinner, a Champagne Brunch, and a Dessert Experience. They do NOT offer a High Tea and have no reference to such in their description on DCL's website. In fact, their description only mentions coffee with the Dessert Experience, but perhaps tea can be requested. Since Palo discontinued their High Tea quite awhile ago, mention of it is what prompted my question. Obviously it is yet another error by the webmaster, no?
When I read it I took it to be The New Remy High tea/ Dessert Experience, however when re reading it I can see your point, it also looks rather old as it mentioned Remy once but I had Remy Brunch and Dinner? So its starting to look rather old with high tea in and Remy brunch out.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #15
taswira

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
>>So its starting to look rather old with high tea in and Remy brunch out.
My point exactly - - Which is why I asked my question regarding misinformation.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: