Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2007, 02:36 PM   #46
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

The vehicle is an Imperial speeder bike, from Return of the Jedi. It is like the ones Luke and Leia ride on the forest moon to chase down the biker scouts. (remember the ewoks?)

Yes, I am a girl skiffy geek and I love Star Wars. Though I was not a band geek, I did letter in choir.

So cool your DH go tto be in the stunt show!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 07:00 PM   #47
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Subbing! Can't wait till the next installment. Thats my number 1 fear...not to arrive at our ADR in time cause we have to take buses back to the park and then walk (run) thru the park. I am allowing 2 hours. Is this enough?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 PM   #48
ktjoswanson
Earning My Ears

Peace Mickey Lovers - Thanks! I hope to get another one done soon. Don't tell the boss...maybe I can get one done at work on a slow day later this week. Otherwise hopefully this weekend.

Princessjv - yes, it was nice to have something special with my stepmom. Like most step-relatives, every bonding moment we can find is especially cool to share.

Sunlver - I'm jealous you're going in June! I'm thinking we won't make it again until Dec., '08.

Pink Disney - I'm usually a mad planner. But I wasn't going to spend all that money just to have my rigid nature wreck everyone's good time. It was out of character for me (and - I must admit - quite refreshing) to just fly by the seat of our pants.

Photo Chick - I'm watching you. You're the kind of woman my DH would leave me for. Oh, you and any woman who'd let him go to Circuit City every single Tuesday to load up on the latest DVD releases.

Twob4him - I would think 2 hours would be enough. But please don't hold me accountable. I've only been to Disney once and am no expert by a longshot. I posted earlier that I thought a 10 am BBB and 12:30 CRT would be perfect. Since the 10 am BBB would be over at 10:30, that 2 hour cushion to get to MK should be good!

I'm hoping to post more soon. Thanks so much for reading, everyone!

Katie
Old 03-13-2007, 08:26 PM   #49
wahoostampingirl
DIS Veteran

I'm lovin' your TR. We just went down for our first family trip in Jan. I was like you and hadn't been to WDW since I was 5 (I just turned 40). Seeing the castle was just like you described it. My twins are 5 and i love that they got to see Disney at the same age I did. Now my goal is to keep going to Disney so they don't have a 35 year dry spell like I did.

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #50
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Where are those land-speeders???? Anyway, this TR rocks! Keep going!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 03-14-2007, 07:48 AM   #51
ktjoswanson
Earning My Ears

wahoostampingirl - I'm hoping to go every couple of years or so for the same reason - no more decades long Disney dry spells in this family!

Nicole - those speeders are directly across from Star Tours in MGM.

Katie
Old 03-15-2007, 07:39 PM   #52
Suzflee
Mouseketeer

Katie, loving your report.

And so many of us are reading because you are a first-timer and we lovers of all things Disney love to be around the enthusiasm of the rookies!
You did a phenomenal job of planning!

Have to ask about DS's shirts though..."I have the right to remain silent" & "I didn't do it" ???? Did he pick these out himself??

What a trooper to make it to the parks by 10:30.

I love that you admitted your disappointment in not being able to do RnR - it's ok for it to be "about the mom" sometimes

I was in Indy too - really had planned to volunteer my hubby but they asked for the ladies first and I have an amazing whistle that got their attention. Did DH tell you what the floor felt like?
Old 03-16-2007, 04:18 PM   #53
ktjoswanson
Earning My Ears

Suzflee -

Thank you so much for the positive remarks! I'm glad people are enjoying my enthusiasm. It's driving me to plan my next trip already - Dec., 2008.

I think it's funny that you think I planned well. Now that I've come back to read this board, I realize how much better I could have planned! Oh, well - I did the best I could at the time. All the information here overwhelmed me before I went because I had not actually experienced it yet.

I think DS was shopping with me when I bought those shirts. I can't remember. They just suit him. He's loving and he's gifted and he's a good kid. But he's impulsive and he's forever touching someone - if he's loving you he's hanging on you, if he's annoyed with you he's slugging you. So every time we turn around he's in trouble at home or at school for bugging other kids or his little sister. (Plus all the other really typical kid stuff that makes "I didn't do it" appropriate for any kid!) Sometimes you have to admit you have an imperfect kid and just go along with it a little tongue-in-cheek. (BTW - I just bought him a t-shirt that says "Will trade sister for video games.")

I was worried when I saw him at 10:30 that he was pushing it and wouldn't make it the entire day. I guess any kid can be a trooper when a visit to a theme park is at stake!

DH did not tell me what the floor felt like - I will have to ask him now!

I'm hoping I will have a chance to write the next installment this weekend. Thanks so much to everyone who's reading!

Katie
Old 03-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #54
lucky978
Mouseketeer
Looks like there is hope for you now!
Signed, The Tag Fairy!

I'm loving your TR like everyone else! Please...another installment!!!

April, 2009 - POFQ
February, 2008 - POR
September, 2006 - 10th Anniv trip to WL
June, 2005 - POR
December, 2004 - Offsite house
April, 2004 - POFQ
October, 2003 and Sept. 1997 - Offsite houses
October, 1984 - Offsite @ Royal Plaza
Old 03-16-2007, 08:02 PM   #55
bennythepug
DIS Veteran

LOVE the pic of you guys with Zurg ! cute
'09 Caribe Royale
'10 Saratoga Springs
'13 FW (?)
Old 03-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #56
Bari
Earning My Ears

I'm In!

Lovin' your TR! Got a big kick out of your band pic. I have to tell you that our band had the very same hats. We hated that we had to smash down our Farrah Fawcett-inspired waves (that we never quite acheived) we spent HOURS on with that stupid hat!
Old 03-19-2007, 08:54 PM   #57
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktjoswanson View Post
We are not far from you, OhMari. We are in Wisconsin, too. South Milwaukee, to be exact. Both DH and I were raised here and now we're raising our kids here, too. I am a UW-Madison alum, so I know approximately where Lomira is.

I frequent scrapbooking message boards a lot and have done tons of image posting there. I'm familiar with galleries and uploading. But when I go into the DIS gallery, I don't see the option to upload images. Really this is not off-topic as it pertains to me adding photos to this TR.

Katie
It's okay to be OT-glad you figured out the picture uploading. Anyhow, my oldest son lives in Milwaukee he goes to UW-Milwaukee and we just moved my dd to Oak Creek. She lives on the west side of 94, on Ryan Rd. She works as a CO at the prison by Racine and goes to Marquette studying to be a Lawyer. I am really starting to put a ton of miles on our vehicles visiting.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:09 AM   #58
ktjoswanson
Earning My Ears

lucky - thanks so much for reading along! Obviously that pesky thing called life got in the way this weekend and I didn't finish my entry for our Sunday at Epcot. Hopefully this week. Keep your fingers crossed!

bennythepug - my big old DH even squeezed in there for a picture I didn't post! I love all those photo op areas. I'm so dense, though. I never realize that's what they are until other people climb all over them.

Bari - yeah, we sweated our butts off in those uniforms. But of all the band/colorguard hats I've ever seen, I still do like the kind we wore the best. (Probably pure sentimental value, but it's just a look I like.)

OhMari - your DD's living about 15-20 minutes away from me. How wise of her to become a lawyer...think of how many annual Disney trips she'll be able to afford!

I'm hoping I'll have time to finish another installment soon, everyone. I'm about 1/3 of the way done writing about our doings on Sunday. Thanks so much for paying attention!

Katie
Old 03-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #59
Joanne UK
My favourite is Big Thunder Mountain
I'll go to Asbury Park one day

Hi, like you I made my first trip to WDW in Feb although we left the day you arrived.

I've just read your trip report so far all in one go and I would just like to say it is one of the best I have ever read.

You are such a fantastic mum - the care and consideration you show to your family and childrens' feelings and the way that you lovingly write about them has genuinely moved me.

I really hope you get to go again - you epitomise the Disney spirit perfectly.
July 2005 Newport Bay Club
Feb 2007 Pop Century WDW
Old 03-20-2007, 11:02 AM   #60
medicgirl911
Free dining here we come!!

Katie--
I am LOVING your TR, your enthusiasm is contagious! Just think of how much more experienced and how much knowledge you will have gained for your next trip. We are taking our 2nd trip..and well our 3rd too this year!! Disney is addicting! I am glad you relented and got your DH the watch! I loved the pic of him doing the "death scene" Your DD is adorable, reminds me of my own DD. She looked gorgeous after her BBB appt! Anyway, I can't wait to read more!
Oct 2007 @ CSR
August 26, 2009..scored a free ugrade to SSR!! Hopefully it will entice DH into buying DVC!!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/v2vuewyfc1oa13om.png[/img]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: