Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
Pir8girl
Mouseketeer

WDW with the Disney Hater & Kids

Hi Everyone:

Thought I'd put together a pre-trip report before we wing our way to Florida tomorrow. We - okay, most of us - are very excited as this is our first trip to the World but not our first trip to Disney. I've been going to DL all my life, having grown up in very close proximity to the Magic Kingdom and took my kids from a very early age.

The kids begged their dad to come to WDW with us as I said I wasn't taking them to Florida by myself. The three of us usually go it alone to Disneyland which is quite fun and easy.

After much cajoling and whining, DH agreed to go to "Rat World." The caveats are that we will go to Key West first and this will be the last Disney trip he ever has to go on. The kids agreed and the wrestling of the Visa began.

Cast of Characters:

Me: Pir8girl, Evil Wife & Disney fan

DH: Dear hubby, reluctant traveler & Disney Hater extraordinaire. His first trip to DL was in his teens and he's never quite understood the draw or the magic. Plus he hates crowds and doesn't like thrill rides and once screamed on Pirates. He claims he was doing it for the kids' benefit. My son swears its because DH wasn't expecting the first drop.

DD-11
DS-7

We leave for Key West tomorrow March 20 for several days of rest and relaxation, not to mention mojitos!!

We arrive at WDW on March 24 where we'll spend 5 nights the Polynesian.
I did make two ADR's: California Grill on 3/26 for DH's birthday and the Brown Derby for the Fantasmic show. Can't remember which night. Am thinking I should try and get some early ADR's for the other nights. It's probably too late in the game especially as it's spring break, but I may try my luck tonight.

At this point I have not booked any character meals as this would be equivalent to the fifth circle of hell for DH. Plus the kids and I have done plenty at D-land. Although am considering doing one at Ohana, evil wife that I am. It depends on how much grumbling goes on tomorrow. Muwhaha.

I did subscribe to Tour Guide Mike's site and have sketched a tentative itinerary:

Sunday: Magic Kingdom
Monday: Epcot
Tuesday: AK & probably a water park
Wednesday: MGM

We're all packed - except DH - and the kids are super excited. I think DH is happy to be leaving the rain and going to Key West, but he won't admit it. Let the moaning begin!!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
medicgirl911
Free dining here we come!!

I would definelty go for Ohana'a, especially since you are staying at the Poly (LUCKY!!)
Hope you can get at least a smile out of your hubby on your trip!
Oct 2007 @ CSR
August 26, 2009..scored a free ugrade to SSR!! Hopefully it will entice DH into buying DVC!!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/v2vuewyfc1oa13om.png[/img]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2007, 10:15 PM   #3
Pir8girl
Mouseketeer

I've heard good things about Ohana's. Sounds like an easy restaurant to manage. Did I manage that DH is a vegetarian? Oy.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:34 PM   #4
MommaTinkerbell
Mouseketeer

Ditto on the Disney Hater

Girl, I feel your pain. My DH has never been to Disney and is already tired of it. He doesn't understand and may never. I am keeping my fingers crossed that some pixie dust may change his mind. DH says that all I do is plan and talk disney 24-7. I am just so excited for all of us. This is the first vacation my DH has taken for an entire week. We usually do an all girls trip to the beach,since he doesn't enjoy the beach. Maybe just the pure joy and excitement of our child at Disney will brighten his spirit. I always enjoy our trips(anywhere) as long as DD has a sparkle in her eye. Good luck.
DD16:
DS5
Pop Century April 15-21 2007
[/B
Pop Century February 27-March 3, 2014
Old 03-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

My DH does not totally get the magic of Disney either!

Hope you don't have too much grumbling from your DH! Looking forward to hearing more!

Old 03-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #6
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

Doing Disney with a Disney hater is not easy, but even the most anti-disney person can find a few things that they like. I can't wait to see/read how it all panned out.

This freezing weather is crampin my style A Dec 2010 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post39318035
][IMG]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: