DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #1336
sullyandsid
Mouseketeer

We are also from the UK - We are DVc members and our home resort is Animal Kingdom - but we have yet to stay there as we love OKW so much - with regards the need for a car Mick - as long as you dont need to go to international drive or anywhere else you will be ok - a taxi from OKW to Walmart is about $20 so you can stock up on water etc - We have never had any probs with the buses to the parks or the water coach to downtown. We cant wait to go back - and yes it will be OKW again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRiTMiCK View Post
Hi all. Just wanted to say thanks for all the info on this thread. I read through all 89 pages last night!

We're from the UK and going to WDW in May. With the offers here in the UK we can get a studio in OKW for the same cost as a room at POFQ, with dining plan. We've been umming and ahhhing for about a month over which to choose. My main concerns were that OKW is so big and we won't be driving, that it would take forever to get the Disney buses out of there before they leave for the parks. DH is concerned about not having anywhere to use snack credits for brekkie and the refillable mugs.

But you guys all love it so much, that I think you've got me persuaded, so thanks!

Old 10-15-2010, 02:07 AM   #1337
BRiTMiCK
Earning My Ears

Great, thanks for the reassurances about the buses guys. Definitely set on OKW now. Gonna book it this weekend!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2010, 05:26 AM   #1338
hollis
Have a Disney Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcs View Post
I know some of the resorts are fancier and newer , but I just fell in love with OKW and had absolutely no issues buying in on resale. It is really laid out well, a village feel not as vast as Saratogo. For someone that does not want to feel overwhelmed, it's wonderful.

It's one of the resorts that non DVC users have little access to which is a plus I think.
I agree. The village feel, not the hotel fee. And of course the big rooms. We from Texas love everything big!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #1339
~Erin~
Earning My Ears

Was booked for SSR, but changed to OKW when I saw how much more spacious the rooms are. Can't wait for May!
Old 10-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #1340
dmoore22
Old Rock n' Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Erin~ View Post
Was booked for SSR, but changed to OKW when I saw how much more spacious the rooms are. Can't wait for May!
We took a long weekend beginning October 1st for our 40th wedding anniversary. This was a delayed decision so we were not able to get our 1st choice -- OKW. We stayed at SSR which was nice. We would not hesitate to stay there again if OKW were not available. What we observed about SSR is that it is suffering from some of the same issues that we have read others complaining about OKW, ie. chipped paint, mold in the bathroom tile grout, and worn carpeting in the main traffic areas, I would say it was more severe than what we have experienced at OKW. Transportation is definitely not user friendly compared to OKW.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #1341
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Hubby is wondering if all of the 1 bedrooms have been refurbished?

Thanks, Tiger
Old 10-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #1342
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
Hubby is wondering if all of the 1 bedrooms have been refurbished?

Thanks, Tiger
Not quite. There are several buildings that have not been done, but if you request Old Turtle Pond, South Point or if you are booked in Hospitality House catagory, you will get a renovated room.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #1343
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Not quite. There are several buildings that have not been done, but if you request Old Turtle Pond, South Point or if you are booked in Hospitality House catagory, you will get a renovated room.
Thanks for your prompt response! I haven't been on the boards much in days, so I was quickly looking through this thread, and a few others for photos of renovated rooms, or other info, but not having much luck with that at the moment, so I figured you awesome OKW lovers would be able to help.

Thanks - I'll let hubby know, Tiger
Old 10-18-2010, 11:09 PM   #1344
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe our luck I just rented points for Old Key West for one night on December 23 My daughter and I just planned this weekend to go visit friends in Tampa for a few days over Christmas and decided to try for a couple of days at Disney I was not very hopeful that there would be any availability anywhere on site this late (let alone at Old Key West ) but lo and behold, we were able to rent points for a one bedroom Our friends will join us and then we will go to their home for the rest of the trip These are the same friends we will be staying at Old Key West for 9 days in April I/we cannot wait and feel so very blessed

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Pop Century
Old 10-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #1345
disneycrazycatlady
Mouseketeer

Going to my favorite resort on Thursday for 3 days at the food and wine festival. Cant wait!!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #1346
Fatalbie
Mouseketeer

Grand Villa for the first time

I'm taking my family for a week at the world. We leave Friday at noon. Fri & Sat at POR and then Sun - Thurs in a Grand Villa at OKW!!! There will be 10 of us Grammy, Grumpy, 4 adults and 4 kids (2-6). we booked this a while ago and it felt like it would never get here. I absolutely love OKW and SSR and have only stayed in a studio at OKW.
My dad, brother and I like to have a cigar by the jacuzzi at night, as long as it is not bothering anyone, do all the quiet pools have jacuzzis?

Jim
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1342900&page=5
Old 10-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #1347
dmoore22
Old Rock n' Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalbie View Post
I'm taking my family for a week at the world. We leave Friday at noon. Fri & Sat at POR and then Sun - Thurs in a Grand Villa at OKW!!! There will be 10 of us Grammy, Grumpy, 4 adults and 4 kids (2-6). we booked this a while ago and it felt like it would never get here. I absolutely love OKW and SSR and have only stayed in a studio at OKW.
My dad, brother and I like to have a cigar by the jacuzzi at night, as long as it is not bothering anyone, do all the quiet pools have jacuzzis?

Jim
Each has a hot tube. The main pool has a hot tube and a sauna.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #1348
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore22 View Post
Each has a hot tube. The main pool has a hot tube and a sauna.
LOL, they have hot tubs too! Sorry, typos always make me laugh. Maybe because I'm one of the worst at making them too.

FYI, I believe the hot tub areas are considered no-smoking. I do know you are not allowed to have alcohol in the tubs. Frankly, if someone was smoking a cigar anywhere near a hot tub or pool, I'd have to leave the area.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:50 AM   #1349
dmoore22
Old Rock n' Roller

Quote:
LOL, they have hot tubs too! Sorry, typos always make me laugh. Maybe because I'm one of the worst at making them too.

FYI, I believe the hot tub areas are considered no-smoking. I do know you are not allowed to have alcohol in the tubs. Frankly, if someone was smoking a cigar anywhere near a hot tub or pool, I'd have to leave the area.
I'm with you on this one!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #1350
dmoore22
Old Rock n' Roller

Quote:
Of course I preach the benefits of the spell/grammar check and then fail to practice what I preach. Oops!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: