DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #1261
Mai Ku Tiki

DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherjp View Post
Thanks for your help, wondering if should take laptop, just not too sure about a safe place to put it when not in use.

I use fabric conditioner but don't like using tumble dryer except for the undies, as I usually shrink the clothes as I usually use too hot a setting.

thanks
hi cheryl! I would just add that depending on the level of humidity in the air (& your a/c setting) it can take a VERRRRY long time for clothes to air dry at WDW! I've not had a problem with shrinkage using the lower settings.

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Old 07-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #1262
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Thanks for your help, wondering if should take laptop, just not too sure about a safe place to put it when not in use.

I use fabric conditioner but don't like using tumble dryer except for the undies, as I usually shrink the clothes as I usually use too hot a setting.

thanks
The dryers have all the usual home settings, so I wouldn't worry about shrinking. You wont want to air dry anything, because it wont dry.

We always have 2 laptops with us, and we just put them back in their computer bags and store them in a drawer when we are gone from the room. We've been doing this for multiple trips a year for 15 years, and never had an issue. We've even left them out and plugged in in plain sight without an issue.
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #1263
cherjp
I am a disney nutter! Every time I reply I kill the thread..... stone dead!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Ku Tiki View Post
hi cheryl! I would just add that depending on the level of humidity in the air (& your a/c setting) it can take a VERRRRY long time for clothes to air dry at WDW! I've not had a problem with shrinkage using the lower settings.
Thanks very much for your help, will consider that carefully.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #1264
cherjp
I am a disney nutter! Every time I reply I kill the thread..... stone dead!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
The dryers have all the usual home settings, so I wouldn't worry about shrinking. You wont want to air dry anything, because it wont dry.

We always have 2 laptops with us, and we just put them back in their computer bags and store them in a drawer when we are gone from the room. We've been doing this for multiple trips a year for 15 years, and never had an issue. We've even left them out and plugged in in plain sight without an issue.
Thanks very much might do that with laptop too.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #1265
RLRDA
Go Sox!! Go Pats!!

Can you now do the luggage check-in for SWA at OKW? I thought I read it was coming in the near future. Has anyone done this already? We are flying SWA and leaving WDW on 8/20 - hoping we can use this feature!

Aug'14 VB & OKW~Aug'13 SSR~Aug'12 BCV, Dream, AKV/CL~Aug'11 THV~Aug'10 OKW~Aug'09 AKV/CL & BLT~Oct'08 BWV~May'08 BCV~Aug'07 SSR & AKV ~Oct'05 BWV~May'04 WL~May'02 POR ~Nov'98 GF
Old 07-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #1266
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLRDA View Post
Can you now do the luggage check-in for SWA at OKW? I thought I read it was coming in the near future. Has anyone done this already? We are flying SWA and leaving WDW on 8/20 - hoping we can use this feature!
SWA is not one of the airlines Disney will check in for. You can always check in for those airlines covered by Disney though. OKW used to always have the baggage check in off the entrance of the HH, but now it has it's own little area to the right of the portico.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #1267
RLRDA
Go Sox!! Go Pats!!

Quote:
SWA is not one of the airlines Disney will check in for. You can always check in for those airlines covered by Disney though. OKW used to always have the baggage check in off the entrance of the HH, but now it has it's own little area to the right of the portico.
I thought WDW recently added SWA I think I saw it on the Resorts Board a few months back. I'll have to go do some digging - I probably read it wrong.

Aug'14 VB & OKW~Aug'13 SSR~Aug'12 BCV, Dream, AKV/CL~Aug'11 THV~Aug'10 OKW~Aug'09 AKV/CL & BLT~Oct'08 BWV~May'08 BCV~Aug'07 SSR & AKV ~Oct'05 BWV~May'04 WL~May'02 POR ~Nov'98 GF
Old 07-27-2010, 11:47 AM   #1268
RLRDA
Go Sox!! Go Pats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLRDA View Post
I thought WDW recently added SWA I think I saw it on the Resorts Board a few months back. I'll have to go do some digging - I probably read it wrong.
This is the thread I saw: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2431861. Just wondering if any DVCers who stayed recently have been able to check their luggage for SW at OKW before leaving for MCO.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #1269
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
SWA was added to RAC a few months ago at most resorts. OKW and I think CBR were not immediately. OKW had to first expand their luggage area in order to accommodate the change. Since that finished or is almost finished I thought they planned on allowing SWA at OKW by the end of this month - or very soon anyway.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #1270
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
SWA was added to RAC a few months ago at most resorts. OKW and I think CBR were not immediately. OKW had to first expand their luggage area in order to accommodate the change. Since that finished or is almost finished I thought they planned on allowing SWA at OKW by the end of this month - or very soon anyway.
Aha! It isn't listed on the member's site yet.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #1271
heathers4um
DIS Veteran

what other airlines can you check baggage through OKW?

"While Eeyore frets ...and Piglet hesitates...and Rabbit calculates...and Owl pontificates...Pooh just is. "
Old 07-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #1272
RLRDA
Go Sox!! Go Pats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is up and running by the 20th of August! We've always flown SWA and have been disappointed that they were not part of the RAC. It's such a pain to drag all the luggage back to the airport (how spoiled we've become )

Old 07-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #1273
Checkers
DIS Veteran

We will be there next week and are flying SWA. I read on another thread that someone who was at OKW took pictures of the RAC area being renovated and was told by a CM (standing nearby) that it would be servicing SWA when the renovations were complete which she said would be July 20. The DVC member said the RAC renovations were nearly completed when he checked out so I'm hoping that we will be able to check our luggage when we check-out on the 10th. Makes sense that they would include SWA upon completion of the expansion.

When we return, I'll post my experience.

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Old 07-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #1274
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hello

Sorry got 2 extremely daft questions for you.

The in room safes in the 1 bedroom would they take a 17inch laptop ?

Do the washing machines ( bearing in mind I am from scotland and ours are usually different) have a place to put fabric conditioner in them during the washing cycle? i am not too keen on using the tumble dryer so not too fussed on the bounce sheets.

Sorry if these are daft questions?

thanks
sorry if you got this already but theres no fab. soft. cup dispen. in the washer. i use to listen for the rinse cycle but what the heck, im on vacation and i dont use fab. softner anymore. the safe is way to small, we just put our laptops in a drawer and never had a problem.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:42 AM   #1275
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathers4um View Post
what other airlines can you check baggage through OKW?
Current Resort Airline Check-In Participating Airlines (Domestic only):
American Airlines
Continental
Delta
jetBlue
United/Ted
Alaska Airlines
AirTran Airways
US Airways

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: