DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #1261
Mai Ku Tiki

DIS Veteran
 
Mai Ku Tiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: First star to the right!
Posts: 803

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherjp View Post
Thanks for your help, wondering if should take laptop, just not too sure about a safe place to put it when not in use.

I use fabric conditioner but don't like using tumble dryer except for the undies, as I usually shrink the clothes as I usually use too hot a setting.

thanks
hi cheryl! I would just add that depending on the level of humidity in the air (& your a/c setting) it can take a VERRRRY long time for clothes to air dry at WDW! I've not had a problem with shrinkage using the lower settings.
__________________
MAI KU TIKI & aloharose
Henry David Thoreau:

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Mai Ku Tiki is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #1262
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherjp View Post
Thanks for your help, wondering if should take laptop, just not too sure about a safe place to put it when not in use.

I use fabric conditioner but don't like using tumble dryer except for the undies, as I usually shrink the clothes as I usually use too hot a setting.

thanks
The dryers have all the usual home settings, so I wouldn't worry about shrinking. You wont want to air dry anything, because it wont dry.

We always have 2 laptops with us, and we just put them back in their computer bags and store them in a drawer when we are gone from the room. We've been doing this for multiple trips a year for 15 years, and never had an issue. We've even left them out and plugged in in plain sight without an issue.
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #1263
cherjp
I am a disney nutter! Every time I reply I kill the thread..... stone dead!!
 
cherjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ayrshire Scotland
Posts: 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Ku Tiki View Post
hi cheryl! I would just add that depending on the level of humidity in the air (& your a/c setting) it can take a VERRRRY long time for clothes to air dry at WDW! I've not had a problem with shrinkage using the lower settings.
Thanks very much for your help, will consider that carefully.
__________________
cherjp is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #1264
cherjp
I am a disney nutter! Every time I reply I kill the thread..... stone dead!!
 
cherjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ayrshire Scotland
Posts: 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
The dryers have all the usual home settings, so I wouldn't worry about shrinking. You wont want to air dry anything, because it wont dry.

We always have 2 laptops with us, and we just put them back in their computer bags and store them in a drawer when we are gone from the room. We've been doing this for multiple trips a year for 15 years, and never had an issue. We've even left them out and plugged in in plain sight without an issue.
Thanks very much might do that with laptop too.
__________________
cherjp is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #1265
RLRDA
Go Sox!! Go Pats!!
 
RLRDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,371

Can you now do the luggage check-in for SWA at OKW? I thought I read it was coming in the near future. Has anyone done this already? We are flying SWA and leaving WDW on 8/20 - hoping we can use this feature!
__________________
DH DW DS (17) DS (15) DS (9 & 1/2)

Aug'14 VB & OKW~Aug'13 SSR~Aug'12 BCV, Dream, AKV/CL~Aug'11 THV~Aug'10 OKW~Aug'09 AKV/CL & BLT~Oct'08 BWV~May'08 BCV~Aug'07 SSR & AKV ~Oct'05 BWV~May'04 WL~May'02 POR ~Nov'98 GF
RLRDA is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #1266
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLRDA View Post
Can you now do the luggage check-in for SWA at OKW? I thought I read it was coming in the near future. Has anyone done this already? We are flying SWA and leaving WDW on 8/20 - hoping we can use this feature!
SWA is not one of the airlines Disney will check in for. You can always check in for those airlines covered by Disney though. OKW used to always have the baggage check in off the entrance of the HH, but now it has it's own little area to the right of the portico.
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #1267
RLRDA
Go Sox!! Go Pats!!
 
RLRDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
SWA is not one of the airlines Disney will check in for. You can always check in for those airlines covered by Disney though. OKW used to always have the baggage check in off the entrance of the HH, but now it has it's own little area to the right of the portico.
I thought WDW recently added SWA I think I saw it on the Resorts Board a few months back. I'll have to go do some digging - I probably read it wrong.
__________________
DH DW DS (17) DS (15) DS (9 & 1/2)

Aug'14 VB & OKW~Aug'13 SSR~Aug'12 BCV, Dream, AKV/CL~Aug'11 THV~Aug'10 OKW~Aug'09 AKV/CL & BLT~Oct'08 BWV~May'08 BCV~Aug'07 SSR & AKV ~Oct'05 BWV~May'04 WL~May'02 POR ~Nov'98 GF
RLRDA is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 11:47 AM   #1268
RLRDA
Go Sox!! Go Pats!!
 
RLRDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLRDA View Post
I thought WDW recently added SWA I think I saw it on the Resorts Board a few months back. I'll have to go do some digging - I probably read it wrong.
This is the thread I saw: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2431861. Just wondering if any DVCers who stayed recently have been able to check their luggage for SW at OKW before leaving for MCO.
__________________
DH DW DS (17) DS (15) DS (9 & 1/2)

Aug'14 VB & OKW~Aug'13 SSR~Aug'12 BCV, Dream, AKV/CL~Aug'11 THV~Aug'10 OKW~Aug'09 AKV/CL & BLT~Oct'08 BWV~May'08 BCV~Aug'07 SSR & AKV ~Oct'05 BWV~May'04 WL~May'02 POR ~Nov'98 GF
RLRDA is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #1269
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,331

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
SWA is not one of the airlines Disney will check in for. You can always check in for those airlines covered by Disney though. OKW used to always have the baggage check in off the entrance of the HH, but now it has it's own little area to the right of the portico.
SWA was added to RAC a few months ago at most resorts. OKW and I think CBR were not immediately. OKW had to first expand their luggage area in order to accommodate the change. Since that finished or is almost finished I thought they planned on allowing SWA at OKW by the end of this month - or very soon anyway.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #1270
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
SWA was added to RAC a few months ago at most resorts. OKW and I think CBR were not immediately. OKW had to first expand their luggage area in order to accommodate the change. Since that finished or is almost finished I thought they planned on allowing SWA at OKW by the end of this month - or very soon anyway.
Aha! It isn't listed on the member's site yet.
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #1271
heathers4um
DIS Veteran
 
heathers4um's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 773

what other airlines can you check baggage through OKW?
__________________

"While Eeyore frets ...and Piglet hesitates...and Rabbit calculates...and Owl pontificates...Pooh just is. "
heathers4um is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #1272
RLRDA
Go Sox!! Go Pats!!
 
RLRDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
SWA was added to RAC a few months ago at most resorts. OKW and I think CBR were not immediately. OKW had to first expand their luggage area in order to accommodate the change. Since that finished or is almost finished I thought they planned on allowing SWA at OKW by the end of this month - or very soon anyway.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is up and running by the 20th of August! We've always flown SWA and have been disappointed that they were not part of the RAC. It's such a pain to drag all the luggage back to the airport (how spoiled we've become )
__________________
DH DW DS (17) DS (15) DS (9 & 1/2)

Aug'14 VB & OKW~Aug'13 SSR~Aug'12 BCV, Dream, AKV/CL~Aug'11 THV~Aug'10 OKW~Aug'09 AKV/CL & BLT~Oct'08 BWV~May'08 BCV~Aug'07 SSR & AKV ~Oct'05 BWV~May'04 WL~May'02 POR ~Nov'98 GF
RLRDA is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #1273
Checkers
DIS Veteran
 
Checkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,120

We will be there next week and are flying SWA. I read on another thread that someone who was at OKW took pictures of the RAC area being renovated and was told by a CM (standing nearby) that it would be servicing SWA when the renovations were complete which she said would be July 20. The DVC member said the RAC renovations were nearly completed when he checked out so I'm hoping that we will be able to check our luggage when we check-out on the 10th. Makes sense that they would include SWA upon completion of the expansion.

When we return, I'll post my experience.
__________________
Paula

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Checkers is offline  
Old 07-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #1274
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherjp View Post
hello

Sorry got 2 extremely daft questions for you.

The in room safes in the 1 bedroom would they take a 17inch laptop ?

Do the washing machines ( bearing in mind I am from scotland and ours are usually different) have a place to put fabric conditioner in them during the washing cycle? i am not too keen on using the tumble dryer so not too fussed on the bounce sheets.

Sorry if these are daft questions?

thanks
sorry if you got this already but theres no fab. soft. cup dispen. in the washer. i use to listen for the rinse cycle but what the heck, im on vacation and i dont use fab. softner anymore. the safe is way to small, we just put our laptops in a drawer and never had a problem.
dvczerfs is offline  
Old 07-29-2010, 12:42 AM   #1275
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,331

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathers4um View Post
what other airlines can you check baggage through OKW?
Current Resort Airline Check-In Participating Airlines (Domestic only):
American Airlines
Continental
Delta
jetBlue
United/Ted
Alaska Airlines
AirTran Airways
US Airways
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: