DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #766
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Does somebody out there know about the boat rentals at OKW? Do they have paddle boats? And can someone guide me to a price list? TIA
Old 02-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #767
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Does somebody out there know about the boat rentals at OKW? Do they have paddle boats? And can someone guide me to a price list? TIA
they have paddle boats, pontoon boats and those little "speed" boats. im not sure about the $. im sure they are about the same at any of the resorts if you happen across another resorts prices. they are all under sammy duvall.hope i helped.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #768
dismagiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
they have paddle boats, pontoon boats and those little "speed" boats. im not sure about the $. im sure they are about the same at any of the resorts if you happen across another resorts prices. they are all under sammy duvall.hope i helped.
Thanks! I'll hunt around for other resorts prices.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #769
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Although I don't know the current rates, here are the rates from a couple of years ago-

Old 02-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #770
dismagiclover

Thanks Simba's Mom. That gives me rough guideline
Old 02-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #771
gray52
Mouseketeer

Just spent a week at BLT. The convenience is nice... but it was as un-homelike as I have felt in a DVC. Showed me once again why i love OKW so much.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #772
dmoore22
Old Rock n' Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray52 View Post
Just spent a week at BLT. The convenience is nice... but it was as un-homelike as I have felt in a DVC. Showed me once again why i love OKW so much.
Agreed. We had a similar feeling after a week at Saratoga Springs. SSR is quite nice but just doesn't have the "home" feel of OKW.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #773
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore22 View Post
Agreed. We had a similar feeling after a week at Saratoga Springs. SSR is quite nice but just doesn't have the "home" feel of OKW.
I agree , that "home feeling" must be shared by many because I couldn't get into OKW at the 4 1/2 month mark, so it's SSR in 6 days!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 02-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #774
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

I'm going back to OKW!

Just booked a girls weekend in June! So excited! And just a tiny bit guilty not to be taking the kids.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #775
dmoore22
Old Rock n' Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwnhokie View Post
Just booked a girls weekend in June! So excited! And just a tiny bit guilty not to be taking the kids.
To ease the guilt perhaps you should consider a trip in late May to Star Wars Weekends with your boys, or the 4th of July, or Halloween, or Mickey's Christmas party or . . . . ?
Old 02-10-2010, 06:33 AM   #776
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

We just took the kids in July and bought 10 day non expiring tickets, so they will be going back, just a matter of when. We haven't been for Christmas yet. That may be next.

But I am really looking forward to June with 4 moms with no hubbys or kids. We are going to run the Expedition Everest Challenge and just do all the fun stuff we can't do with the kids in tow. Any suggestions?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #777
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
We just took the kids in July and bought 10 day non expiring tickets, so they will be going back, just a matter of when. We haven't been for Christmas yet. That may be next.

But I am really looking forward to June with 4 moms with no hubbys or kids. We are going to run the Expedition Everest Challenge and just do all the fun stuff we can't do with the kids in tow. Any suggestions?
JELLYROLLS....we had such a good time there. And I always feel jipped with the kids because I can't explore Epcot anymore with them. Treat yourselves to a spa day....they are wonderful there. I have only been to the one at Saratoga/once upon a time the Disney institute.....and always have enjoyed my treatment. I have heard that the one at the GF is great too.

When I did a girls weekend thing, we made certain that we planned an entire day at the pool....books, drinks, sunscreen and relaxation.

Have a great time.

cheryl
Old 02-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #778
nappingbeauty
Mouseketeer

Live in Montgomery County Pa, and we are being hit with our second major storm in less than a week... expecting an additional 18 to 24 inches of snow.... 60 days to OKW.... cannot get here soon enough.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #779
dmoore22
Old Rock n' Roller

Quote:

We've spent our last three Christmases at OKW and WDW. Any description I try to provide pales in comparison to the reality of being there. I'll never look at fishing tackle the same way again -- as Christmas ornaments. And the clever way dead rubber chickens are used as decorations on the Streets of America is a real hoot. Of course have the kids look for the "Major Award" (the leg lamp) from A Christmas Story on display in one of the apartment windows on the Streets of America. I could go on, and on, and on and . . . . . .
Old 02-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #780
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappingbeauty View Post
Live in Montgomery County Pa, and we are being hit with our second major storm in less than a week... expecting an additional 18 to 24 inches of snow.... 60 days to OKW.... cannot get here soon enough.
I'm with you!!!! Although our snow totals are a little less than yours, but watching the snow fall right now is really getting me in the mood.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: