DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 09:39 PM   #46
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Location: 90 miles from the happiest place on earth, and the original Disney park- Disneyland.

OKW is our favorite home. We have had many great trips there.

I've slept here: Disney Wonder, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel, OKW, WL, WLV, AKV (Kidani and Jambo), BC, BCV, BWV, VBR, HHIR, Contemporary, SSR, POFQ, CBR, ASSports, ASMusic, ASMovies, Pop Century, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel

[/url]
Old 03-17-2007, 11:03 PM   #47
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Hi
Just wanted to mention my visit to the resort this past week. It is truly a "welcome Home resort" The CM s didn't have to make time to show me a villa but they did and it was beautiful,very bright and sunny--airy feeling. The villa I saw was a one bedroom but oh what a big one bedroom.The CMs also gave me a tour of the resort,,I have a feeling some of the best CMs work at this resort.

The CM at the desk told me that they truly have some of the nicest guest staying at OKW so they really mean when they say "Welcome Home"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2007, 08:09 AM   #48
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Yep, I'm one of the mature OKW owners who probably isn't jumping in quickly. NOt because I don't like OKW though! I love it! More because I find these "clique" threads to be too exclusive and annoying.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #49
La2kw
DIS Veteran

Location: 90 miles from the happiest place on earth, and the original Disney park- Disneyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Yep, I'm one of the mature OKW owners who probably isn't jumping in quickly. NOt because I don't like OKW though! I love it! More because I find these "clique" threads to be too exclusive and annoying.
Huh?

Rock on OKW Lovers Thread!
I've slept here: Disney Wonder, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, Paradise Pier Hotel, OKW, WL, WLV, AKV (Kidani and Jambo), BC, BCV, BWV, VBR, HHIR, Contemporary, SSR, POFQ, CBR, ASSports, ASMusic, ASMovies, Pop Century, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel

[/url]
Old 03-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #50
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
More because I find these "clique" threads to be too exclusive and annoying.
I can understand everyone would have different feelings about a thread like this but I just find them fun. It's nice to share feelings about a resort, a restaurant, a theme park or whatever. So perhaps some do find them annoying---there are probably alot of things on these boards that can be seen that way by some person.
But as far as "exclusive"....the thread is not titled "DVC owners" or "OKW owners"......it's OKW "lovers". So I feel anyone can jump in whether they own there or not....whether they're a DVC Member or not. We fell in love with OKW back in 1995 when we stayed there as renters. We didn't join DVC until 2000.
But I can understand everyone has varying viewpoints and all are entitled to speak how they feel.....

Old 03-18-2007, 11:47 AM   #51
GGOOFY1
DIS Veteran

we have been members since 1993 and have visited several of the resorts. But my kids ALWAYS want to go home to OKW. Thinking that they are now older and would enjoy being at BCV or BWV, I have booked stays there. Their comments are "It is not Home!!" So this summer we are returning "Home"!!

I enjoy the larger rooms, the villa styles and sitting on the balcony watching the golfers. My mornings are getting up and walking the trails around the golf course.

Can't wait for June to come!!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:16 PM   #52
JanetBigCat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
More because I find these "clique" threads to be too exclusive and annoying.
I find this thread very exciting. We're staying at OKW in June for the first time and I loved seeing the pictures posted here.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #53
Jessie's Girl
Earning My Ears

We love OKW. How can you not love the roominess and eating breakfast on the patio. AHHHHH!!! I can feel the warmth and sunshine on me now.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:48 AM   #54
dwelty
"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney

we are checking in to OKW this Saturday. It will be our first stay there, although we visited in December. We are really looking forward to see what this resort has to offer.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:59 PM   #55
disneynut2007
Earning My Ears

OKW is my home resort, having bought in 1995, and I absolutely love it. It is so peaceful. When my kids were toddlers, it was a perfect place, so peaceful and away from a lot of the busy-ness of some of the other resorts. You really felt like you were could escape from the crowds and craziness. Now that my kids are older, they want the busy bustling resorts of BWV and BC, which is great for us at this time, but I look forward to going back to OKW and just relaxing on my deck, by the pool or taking a nice quite walk. It definintely gives you more "bang for your buck" with respect to points. The 3 bedroom grand villas are awesome......I would suggest everyone try a stay in one at least once!
1996 - Swan 1998 - Old Key West 2001 - Old Key West
2002 - Contemporary 2003 - Boardwalk Villas
2005 - Yacht and Beach:
2006 - Swan
2007 - Boardwalk Villas
2009 OKW/Disney Cruise
Old 03-26-2007, 11:36 AM   #56
OneMoreTry

DIS Veteran

Quote:
.... More because I find these "clique" threads to be too exclusive and annoying.
Maybe my codger level is getting higher as I get older, but I feel the same way.

BUT to add to the annoyance:

I can tell you that our OKW GV was the best part of our trip last week. The only reason I would consider going to a park next visit is the kids.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:51 PM   #57
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTry View Post
Maybe my codger level is getting higher as I get older, but I feel the same way.

BUT to add to the annoyance:

I can tell you that our OKW GV was the best part of our trip last week. The only reason I would consider going to a park next visit is the kids.
LOL, thanks! I am sure most everyone here knows I LOVE OKW!! I just find the clique threads to get out of hand on the DIS. It is what ruined the CB on the DIS for me. I was just hoping the clique threads wont ruin the DVC/mouselaneous in the same way. Time will tell. This morning the clique threads were all at the top....hmmm.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:07 PM   #58
plamp
Mouseketeer

Our family loves OKW too! We are returning next week and it was nice to browse through the pictures posted here.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:34 PM   #59
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Sorry guys
but I'm enjoying every post here ,,when someone is new to the boards such as myself it is wonderful of all the dis vets to help out and post --I for one deeply appreciate it.

The pictures are beautiful --I'm a gardener here and the landscaping alone makes this a perfect "Home away from home for me"

The little touches I saw in March such as the outside lighting , the change room tiles , the family wall of pictures ,etc are great.

So I hope people keep posting and this newbie OKW lover appreciates it!!
Old 03-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #60
Buckeye Fan
DIS Veteran

I simply love OKW. My BIL/SIL have been DVC members since 1994 and we have stayed at OKW at least 3 times in the past few years. We just took the plunge and joined SSR. After reading the boards, I think we'll be extremely happy with SSR, as it's more like OKW than BW/BC. With that said, DH is wanting to stay at SSR since it's our new home resort. I still want to book at OKW! Get this one, though...we have exactly 120 points to use before 8/1. I can get a 1 bedroom for a Sat - Tues stay in the summer for exactly 120 points at OKW. Guess where we'll be staying???

Last edited by Buckeye Fan; 03-27-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: