DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #31
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Great pictures, Maria!! They really show off the plushness of the landscaping at this lovely resort!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 03-07-2007, 06:48 AM   #32
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great pictures, Maria!! They really show off the plushness of the landscaping at this lovely resort!
Thanks Granny
OKW and VWL are my two favorite DVC resorts---and I think alot of the reason has to do with the lush vegetation/landscaping. I love green. Also, the peacefulness and laid-back feeling of these two resorts plays into why they are our favorites. OKW is just a great place to kick back and relax (as is VWL).

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #33
OneMoreTry

DIS Veteran

Count me in as one who sees why OKW is special.

We completely turned down BWV and BCV in favor or OKW. I like WDW but am not a theme park die hard. OKW is perfect.

Our second favorite is HH.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:41 PM   #34
WOW
DIS Veteran

Old Timer here......bought in 94 with free passes until 12/31/1999......NOW THAT was a perk!!!!!

We go to OKW at least 2 times a year and sometimes more if we can!!! The kids now go without us.....go figure. They used to moan and groan about always going to OKW....we should stay at some of the other DVC's --they used to say.....Well, they tried others, but love OKW the best!!!!

Honestly, it is the best resort for us. I REALLY feels like home when we are there. Buying was the BEST investment for our family!! We all go together, apart, solo, with friends and family, if someone is there... other family members will pop in for a few days!!!! Just a great family time always. We love OKW and probably always will. It has actually become our 2nd home.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #35
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Thanks guys you've really made my day,,rough one here.

I;m really looking forward to seeing it all myself -Maria thank-you so much for the beautiful pics,,can't wait (3 more sleeps).
You've really made me think of what's important --family and this resort certainly spells that for me.

OKW
Old 03-08-2007, 07:30 AM   #36
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinnak View Post
Boy, those OKW lovers and owners sure aren't jumping on this bandwagon. I know they are out there.....but they are such a mature, laid back group, apparently, that they aren't jumping to gush about how much they love the place.

We don't want everybody to know how great it is!

Old 03-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #37
Rijiline
Earning My Ears

We will be staying at OKW in April for the very first time.
Can you take a boat from OKW to DTD? And are there boat rentals? I thought there weren't but by the looks of it, i may be wrong. If so, what types of boats?
Thanks in advance for the info. And these pics are great. I can't contain my excitement much longer.

RJ

~ April
~ Ashley (will be 3 in Sept '08)
~ RJ

Old 03-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #38
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post

We don't want everybody to know how great it is!
Yes, I know. Sorry!
Old 03-09-2007, 11:42 AM   #39
RAY DISNEY
Earning My Ears

The last time we stayed at OKW was on halloween weekend 06' and we noticed that in the waitin' area(papa's den) off the check-in lobby there were no CONCHS. Everything else you can imagine, but conchs!!! I thought '' no conchs near Conch Flats, this can't be!!!'' So, late at night I went there and snuck in with a black travel bag with a wooden conch in it from our grandvilla and put it on a shelf in the far left corner of the room up above the books and some large dice!!! I figured if I went to a CM to complain they'd say ''yah sure, next month''. So I took it on myself to put a conch in papas den. FYI , after Memorial day weekend there will be two conchs there somewhere!?!

Last edited by RAY DISNEY; 03-09-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #40
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Oh my what a smart solution,,I'll look for the "mystery Conch" on Sunday,
hugs Mel
Old 03-10-2007, 04:09 AM   #41
DisneyDVCdad
Mouseketeer

Bought in at SSR stayed at OKW our first 2 visits, what does that you tell you?We love OKW!
Old 03-10-2007, 05:48 AM   #42
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

You all have got me so excited! We are staying at OKW in May. This is our first trip staying on property the whole time. DH thinks we should hit the parks right away. DS6 only wants to go to Legoland first. DS4 wants to do whatever everybody else wants to do, and myself being pregnant will probably just want a nap. I've been trying to tell DH even though we get into MCO at 9:40 we should take the day to explore OKW and then DTD for the legos for DS and then our usual Chef Mickeys at night. I think all these wonderful comments have convinced me that is what we will do. My boys will be perfectly content hanging around and exploring and then catching a boat to DTD. Thanks, I can hardly wait!
Old 03-16-2007, 05:53 PM   #43
3pirates
Disney Fan Since Birth, DVC Member Since 1993
Holy post count, batman!
Snorted again!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE OKW!

It was our first, and is special to our family. Also, don't tell anyone, but it has the most wonderful fireworks views on NYE!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:16 AM   #44
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Thanks for this thread
I am straying from my beloved SSR next trip and trying OKW (got point stingy ) And am looking forward to it!

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 03-17-2007, 07:33 PM   #45
loveswdw
DIS Veteran

We are BCV owners but we too LOVE OKW! We've only stayed there once so far but we just absolutely fell in love with the resort. We are planning on staying there this October again. I have our ressies booked at BCV now but I'm planning on changing when our window opens. Yes, believe it or not, we have the coveted October F&W Fest BCV ressie that we are going to give up for OKW!

Truth be told, we aren't doing parks much this trip so we don't need the close-to-the-park proximity that we get with BCV. Plus the OKW points are so much lower! But we are so excited to be going back to OKW! The OKW 1BRs are gynormous compared to the 1BRs at BCV. We can't wait!

OUR TRIPS March '14-RPR/AKVK Oct '11-BCV Oct '10-HHI June '10 (Star Wars Weekends)-Swan/BWV Feb/March '09-OKW (Spring Training) Oct '08-SSR/POR (Alex's 1st trip) Oct '07-OKW (Our 1st MNSSHP) Dec '06-BCV (Our 1st MVMCP) Oct '05-BCV March '05-OKW/AKL (Spring Training/Jonathan's first trip!) Oct '03-BCV (first trip HOME!) Sept '02-POFQ (first trip for my mom!) Sept '01-Hard Rock Hotel (had to stay there!!) Sept '00-CSR (Millennium celebration) Sept '99-POFQ (honeymoon!) Jan '98 ASMu (first trip--the WDW addiction begins!)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: