DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #3571
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there
 
BEASLYBOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wellington, Florida
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1972 View Post
Now you have me worried! We're doing an OKW/BCV split stay next month. The only reason is my kids want to experience SAB.
Don't worry, we are generally 6-8, so it's always a 2bd and with that many, living space becomes rather important! OKW was the 1st vacation club and with it the "Powers at be" figured out pretty quickly that they you could make them considerably smaller and thus produce more villas, studios etc.

BCV is considerably smaller and when I travel I prefer a dedicated rather than a lock-off, we're looking for beds more than anything, and unfortunately neither BCV nor BWV have the sleeper chair. So I seldom book these, it's either OKW or Kidani (smaller footprint too, but comes with a spiffy 3rd bathroom and the sleeper chair, real handy w/ 4 teenagers).

Realistically most people spend little time in the actual villa so you shoudl be fine!
__________________
Summer Aug 2014- Kidani-2bd

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #3572
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."
 
chepic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RI/1500 miles from the mouse
Posts: 2,175

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1972 View Post
Now you have me worried! We're doing an OKW/BCV split stay next month. The only reason is my kids want to experience SAB.
You have to try every DVC to really understand why OKW is the best!

Our kids liked the pool, however, as I said in my TR (see the TR thread) the area has the feeling of an upscale hotel versus a "home". The quiet pool is nice....not as nice as Turtle pond, IMO, but "homier" than the big pool.

I am in no hurry to go back there....OKW is home.

che
__________________
1 trip every year since 1994
chepic is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #3573
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran
 
Pirate Granny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,049

We love the GV, 2 bedroom and studios at OKW, although we added points at BCV for the pool...
__________________
Pirate Granny is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #3574
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo
 
miprender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: RI (Home of the Big Blue Bug)
Posts: 4,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
Hey fellow RI'er!! Just got back from a week at BCV and it just made me want to stay at OKW all the more.

cheryl
We switched over to a 2Bed at VWL and I think the 1 bed at OKW was bigger. I know many people have said that OKW was roomier, but to really experience it how BIG it is was amazing.
__________________
--- DD10 , DS8 , DS5 , DH, me(Michelle)
FBStore: Mi Creations Trip Years: 1996,1997,2001,2006,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
miprender is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #3575
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
Don't worry, we are generally 6-8, so it's always a 2bd and with that many, living space becomes rather important! OKW was the 1st vacation club and with it the "Powers at be" figured out pretty quickly that they you could make them considerably smaller and thus produce more villas, studios etc.

BCV is considerably smaller and when I travel I prefer a dedicated rather than a lock-off, we're looking for beds more than anything, and unfortunately neither BCV nor BWV have the sleeper chair. So I seldom book these, it's either OKW or Kidani (smaller footprint too, but comes with a spiffy 3rd bathroom and the sleeper chair, real handy w/ 4 teenagers).

Realistically most people spend little time in the actual villa so you shoudl be fine!
Does OKW have the sleeper chair too?
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(19) DS(14)
disfanforlife is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #3576
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator
 
Chuck S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Seguin, Texas USA
Posts: 25,980
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
Does OKW have the sleeper chair too?
Yes, 1 & 2 Bdrm units at OKW have the sleeper chairs. I have not stayed in a GV since the rehab...so I don''t know if they were added to GVs.
__________________

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #3577
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Yes, 1 & 2 Bdrm units at OKW have the sleeper chairs. I have not stayed in a GV since the rehab...so I don''t know if they were added to GVs.
Oh great! I didn't know that. I thought it was only at AKV and BLT.
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(19) DS(14)
disfanforlife is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #3578
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Yes, 1 & 2 Bdrm units at OKW have the sleeper chairs. I have not stayed in a GV since the rehab...so I don''t know if they were added to GVs.
The GV we had in June 2011, had the sleeper chair.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #3579
Checkers
DIS Veteran
 
Checkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,120

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
Does OKW have the sleeper chair too?
Yes, OKW has the sleeper chair in the 1br, 2br. etc., but not the studio.
__________________
Paula

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Checkers is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:13 AM   #3580
Junebugwv
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 710

We are staying at OKW early Sept with an RCI exchange. Of course, our paperwork does not have a reservation number so I can't do online check-in. Do I need to call the regular Disney number to get a reservation number?
Junebugwv is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #3581
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator
 
Chuck S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Seguin, Texas USA
Posts: 25,980
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebugwv View Post
We are staying at OKW early Sept with an RCI exchange. Of course, our paperwork does not have a reservation number so I can't do online check-in. Do I need to call the regular Disney number to get a reservation number?
In your RCI confirmation paperwork there should be a number to call for DVC Member Services. They should be able to help you with the confirmation number, and don't forget you need to pay the $95 in bound DVC resort fee.
__________________

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #3582
kreckl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 161

Okw -hh?

HH or bust if without a car?
We are planning a split stay in Sept, and the 4 nights I was hoping to try OKW only has 3 nights available near the HH. We wont have a car, and the weather may be a factor, so I thought that was the way to go.
We've never stayed here, but I am thinking its best to be near a place where food is available. We have a 10 year old who will likely want to be at the best pool for a kid his age, too.
Thanks!
kreckl is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #3583
Checkers
DIS Veteran
 
Checkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,120

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreckl View Post
HH or bust if without a car?
We are planning a split stay in Sept, and the 4 nights I was hoping to try OKW only has 3 nights available near the HH. We wont have a car, and the weather may be a factor, so I thought that was the way to go.
We've never stayed here, but I am thinking its best to be near a place where food is available. We have a 10 year old who will likely want to be at the best pool for a kid his age, too.
Thanks!
Peninsular Rd. is very close to the HH but is not considered HH for booking purposes. We stayed in a studio there in Dec. and loved it -- just over the bridge, very short walk to the HH and the 1st bus stop coming back from the parks. If you don't want to ride the bus (picking up) through the rest of the resort, you can always get the bus at the HH which is always the last stop before going to the parks. The main pool near the HH is great with a great slide and I think your 10 yr. old will love it. We love OKW and will be there in Oct. Good luck and have fun!
__________________
Paula

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Checkers is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #3584
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator
 
Chuck S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Seguin, Texas USA
Posts: 25,980
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
Peninsular Rd. is very close to the HH but is not considered HH for booking purposes. We stayed in a studio there in Dec. and loved it -- just over the bridge, very short walk to the HH and the 1st bus stop coming back from the parks. If you don't want to ride the bus (picking up) through the rest of the resort, you can always get the bus at the HH which is always the last stop before going to the parks. The main pool near the HH is great with a great slide and I think your 10 yr. old will love it. We love OKW and will be there in Oct. Good luck and have fun!
Actually the Peninsular Rd buildings 23 to 26 ARE part of the near HH category. The other buildings are 11 to 14. The Peninsular Rd Bldgs 27 to 29 are not part of the near HH category.
__________________

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #3585
mzozzietj
DIS Veteran
 
mzozzietj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 531

19 days for DD(4) and I! I'm on the fence about renting a car for this trip! I was not able to reserve a HH area room since it was a late booking. Thoughts? I'm traveling with her alone
__________________
Stacey 40, DH (Bill) 46, DD (Mary) 5
mzozzietj is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: