DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #3571
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1972 View Post
Now you have me worried! We're doing an OKW/BCV split stay next month. The only reason is my kids want to experience SAB.
Don't worry, we are generally 6-8, so it's always a 2bd and with that many, living space becomes rather important! OKW was the 1st vacation club and with it the "Powers at be" figured out pretty quickly that they you could make them considerably smaller and thus produce more villas, studios etc.

BCV is considerably smaller and when I travel I prefer a dedicated rather than a lock-off, we're looking for beds more than anything, and unfortunately neither BCV nor BWV have the sleeper chair. So I seldom book these, it's either OKW or Kidani (smaller footprint too, but comes with a spiffy 3rd bathroom and the sleeper chair, real handy w/ 4 teenagers).

Realistically most people spend little time in the actual villa so you shoudl be fine!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 04-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #3572
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1972 View Post
Now you have me worried! We're doing an OKW/BCV split stay next month. The only reason is my kids want to experience SAB.
You have to try every DVC to really understand why OKW is the best!

Our kids liked the pool, however, as I said in my TR (see the TR thread) the area has the feeling of an upscale hotel versus a "home". The quiet pool is nice....not as nice as Turtle pond, IMO, but "homier" than the big pool.

I am in no hurry to go back there....OKW is home.

che
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #3573
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

We love the GV, 2 bedroom and studios at OKW, although we added points at BCV for the pool...
Old 04-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #3574
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
Hey fellow RI'er!! Just got back from a week at BCV and it just made me want to stay at OKW all the more.

cheryl
We switched over to a 2Bed at VWL and I think the 1 bed at OKW was bigger. I know many people have said that OKW was roomier, but to really experience it how BIG it is was amazing.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #3575
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
Don't worry, we are generally 6-8, so it's always a 2bd and with that many, living space becomes rather important! OKW was the 1st vacation club and with it the "Powers at be" figured out pretty quickly that they you could make them considerably smaller and thus produce more villas, studios etc.

BCV is considerably smaller and when I travel I prefer a dedicated rather than a lock-off, we're looking for beds more than anything, and unfortunately neither BCV nor BWV have the sleeper chair. So I seldom book these, it's either OKW or Kidani (smaller footprint too, but comes with a spiffy 3rd bathroom and the sleeper chair, real handy w/ 4 teenagers).

Realistically most people spend little time in the actual villa so you shoudl be fine!
Does OKW have the sleeper chair too?
Old 04-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #3576
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
Yes, 1 & 2 Bdrm units at OKW have the sleeper chairs. I have not stayed in a GV since the rehab...so I don''t know if they were added to GVs.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #3577
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Yes, 1 & 2 Bdrm units at OKW have the sleeper chairs. I have not stayed in a GV since the rehab...so I don''t know if they were added to GVs.
Oh great! I didn't know that. I thought it was only at AKV and BLT.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #3578
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
The GV we had in June 2011, had the sleeper chair.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #3579
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
Yes, OKW has the sleeper chair in the 1br, 2br. etc., but not the studio.

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Old 04-29-2013, 02:13 AM   #3580
Junebugwv
DIS Veteran

We are staying at OKW early Sept with an RCI exchange. Of course, our paperwork does not have a reservation number so I can't do online check-in. Do I need to call the regular Disney number to get a reservation number?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #3581
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebugwv View Post
We are staying at OKW early Sept with an RCI exchange. Of course, our paperwork does not have a reservation number so I can't do online check-in. Do I need to call the regular Disney number to get a reservation number?
In your RCI confirmation paperwork there should be a number to call for DVC Member Services. They should be able to help you with the confirmation number, and don't forget you need to pay the $95 in bound DVC resort fee.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #3582
kreckl
Mouseketeer

Okw -hh?

HH or bust if without a car?
We are planning a split stay in Sept, and the 4 nights I was hoping to try OKW only has 3 nights available near the HH. We wont have a car, and the weather may be a factor, so I thought that was the way to go.
We've never stayed here, but I am thinking its best to be near a place where food is available. We have a 10 year old who will likely want to be at the best pool for a kid his age, too.
Thanks!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #3583
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreckl View Post
HH or bust if without a car?
We are planning a split stay in Sept, and the 4 nights I was hoping to try OKW only has 3 nights available near the HH. We wont have a car, and the weather may be a factor, so I thought that was the way to go.
We've never stayed here, but I am thinking its best to be near a place where food is available. We have a 10 year old who will likely want to be at the best pool for a kid his age, too.
Thanks!
Peninsular Rd. is very close to the HH but is not considered HH for booking purposes. We stayed in a studio there in Dec. and loved it -- just over the bridge, very short walk to the HH and the 1st bus stop coming back from the parks. If you don't want to ride the bus (picking up) through the rest of the resort, you can always get the bus at the HH which is always the last stop before going to the parks. The main pool near the HH is great with a great slide and I think your 10 yr. old will love it. We love OKW and will be there in Oct. Good luck and have fun!

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Old 04-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #3584
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
Peninsular Rd. is very close to the HH but is not considered HH for booking purposes. We stayed in a studio there in Dec. and loved it -- just over the bridge, very short walk to the HH and the 1st bus stop coming back from the parks. If you don't want to ride the bus (picking up) through the rest of the resort, you can always get the bus at the HH which is always the last stop before going to the parks. The main pool near the HH is great with a great slide and I think your 10 yr. old will love it. We love OKW and will be there in Oct. Good luck and have fun!
Actually the Peninsular Rd buildings 23 to 26 ARE part of the near HH category. The other buildings are 11 to 14. The Peninsular Rd Bldgs 27 to 29 are not part of the near HH category.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #3585
mzozzietj
DIS Veteran

19 days for DD(4) and I! I'm on the fence about renting a car for this trip! I was not able to reserve a HH area room since it was a late booking. Thoughts? I'm traveling with her alone

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: