DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #3526
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twende View Post
I was just able to snag a 3 bedroom Grand Villa for our family reunion in November. I am a wee bit excited! The wait for the 7 month mark was nerve wracking.

I could not get the first night I wanted but I found a 2 bedroom at AKL that will work with someone, probably DH and I sleeping on the couch!

I hope we enjoy the grand villa. I hear they are incredible.
We have stayed in a GV a couple times. They are awesome!! Very roomy and spacious. I would be anxious too waiting for the 7 month mark on a GV!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #3527
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

We recently booked OKW for October! We've never stayed there so we are super excited!!

What are the best tips for getting around the resort? What order do the buses run?
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #3528
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
We recently booked OKW for October! We've never stayed there so we are super excited!!

What are the best tips for getting around the resort? What order do the buses run?
We prefer to walk much of the time to enjoy the amazing landscaping, but buses run (coming into the resort)
1st stop Peninsular Road
2nd South Point
3rd Old Turtle Pond
4th Miller's Road
5th Hospitality House.

Since all buses stop at HH last, you can always jump on ANY bus and get off at HH for the main pool, Olivia's or DTD transportation. There are neighborhood pools and hot tubs at Miller's Road, South Point, and Turtle Pond as well.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #3529
RunningAriel
Formerly known as DISNEYDUET

Rechecking in! My other acct was hacked and the email was changed so now I can't access it anymore. But I'm the same DISNEYDUET, just new clothing now.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #3530
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Just booked a GV stay for Feb 14-18th! Kids have a long week-end off from school! Count so far, 11 of us with 4 of us who have February birthdays! I hope we get the GV in Building 15!

Gosh I miss OKW!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 04-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #3531
toklotursa
Earning My Ears

We are getting excited. Our first stay with our DVC membership is coming up in a couple weeks.

Cast of Characters:
Me(48), DW(42), DD(22), Furbabies: Eechie (RIP 8/'11), Rufus, Hudson

DH of Scooby9932

Prior Trips: 1978 Offsite, 2011 Poly, 2012 Coronado Springs

Old 04-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #3532
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Less than a month away for us!!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #3533
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by toklotursa View Post
We are getting excited. Our first stay with our DVC membership is coming up in a couple weeks.
Home!

Congrats! And since you're on the OKW thread, is it safe to assume that your 1st stay is at OKW?

If so, one of our favorite things to do is to take the boat over to DTD for dinner or ice cream! At night, the lights, the waterway, it's all so beautiful!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 04-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #3534
nichanda
Mouseketeer

Hi all. Tossing around the idea of renting points to book either a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom villa winter or spring of 2014 for a week or maybe more. It would be me, DH, our baby and my parents.

My mother has mobility issues. She isn't in a wheelchair permanently, but would most likely be in a scooter at Disney because of all the walking required in the parks. She does have the disability parking permit here in Canada, but we wouldn't be renting a car there.

Question, if we wanted to book the HH area villas (easier for her to get to the Downtown Disney Boat, Olivia's, etc), what are the chances we could get a building that has a elevator? I know there are only three buildings that have this option. I read further back in this thread they are reserved for medial issues, so I was wondering if her medical issue would count, or if they are specific medical issues in mind that they book for?

Because we'd be renting points, and aren't DVC members, I can't call myself, so will have to pass this information on when we book through our DVC renting company. Our dates are very flexible, so if it's all booked up at a certain time, we can always wait longer, just didn't know if it had to be a specific disability or not.

My concern is that it may be better to book at another resort with less walking if being close to HH with either a lower level or elevator building villa can't be granted. I can't see it working out well if we are a 10 minute walk from the HH,and in a third story room with no elevator. Not sure how much consideration they do for room location requests due to disabilities.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by nichanda; 04-19-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #3535
Jeremy&Susan
Mouseketeer

HH and HA Booking

If you need a HA room, that is somethign you can book and get locked in at any resort. I would make sure to request an HA room.

You can also book the HH Category room at OKW. It is supposed to ensure you get a room very near HH and the themed pool. Again HH is a booking category and should lock you into a rooom near HH.

If there are no HH Category rooms available, you could always take the bus to and from HH area. HH is the last stop for all theme park buses with the bus stop just over the bridge from HH being the first stop.

Good luck, enjoy.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #3536
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichanda View Post
...Question, if we wanted to book the HH area villas (easier for her to get to the Downtown Disney Boat, Olivia's, etc), what are the chances we could get a building that has a elevator? ....
None of the buildings considered to be Hospitality House area have elevators. HHA buildings are 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 25, 26. Elevator buildings are 62, 63 and 64. If you request a first floor HHA or medical need elevator, you should get them. But they are two different areas. Make sure you book the one you really need and want.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #3537
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Orlando
We just bought 50 more OKW points. Now we are in the 500 club. We love DVC.
Wow how nice that must be! Expensive too....... I've been a dvc member since 2006 (SSR) and still have my original 160 points. I do have another timeshare though. So that also allows me to trade into dvc resorts. It's a good thing I have that as a back up since I'm always living in the future.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #3538
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer

Just a couple days ago I booked a 2 br at OKW for November 10-17. I'm excited, yet worried we won't like it. I don't know why...... We've only stayed at our home resort of SSR, but have upcoming stays at AKV (1 night before our cruise) and BCV after the cruise. I guess I don't know much about this resort and that's why I'm having some concern. I'm planning on doing some research on the web to help ease my fears.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #3539
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkaliciasmom View Post
Just a couple days ago I booked a 2 br at OKW for November 10-17. I'm excited, yet worried we won't like it. I don't know why...... We've only stayed at our home resort of SSR, but have upcoming stays at AKV (1 night before our cruise) and BCV after the cruise. I guess I don't know much about this resort and that's why I'm having some concern. I'm planning on doing some research on the web to help ease my fears.
I am also an SSR owner. I love my home resort, but have now stayed at OKW 5 or 6 times and will be returning there in just 8 days! It is a beautiful resort! The grounds are lovely. The villas have been refurbished within the last couple years and are in great shape. And you can't beat the room size!

My very first OKW visit, we were in Turtle Pond. When we first checked in, I was like "eh - I guess this is OK". The next morning, I took a walk around the grounds (while my family was still sleeping) and I literally fell in love with the place! Give it a chance!

Old 04-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #3540
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkaliciasmom View Post
We stayed at OKW around 8 years ago and simply loved it there. We rented points. The following year we rented at BWV and I cried after seeing the room - so small and cramped and I was SO disappointed. Unable to move resorts b/c on rented points but I enjoyed the location etc. except I just LOVED OKW.

We have returned to Disney every year since then but DH and DD discovered club level during one stay at BWI and have been hooked ever since so we only rent a night here or there at the end of a trip. We have rented at AKL, SSR, BCV, BWV and OKW - just to try a night at a new resort type thing. NOTHING has beat OKW to me over the years. NOTHING. In fact this summer we are staying at our beloved YC of course and instead of just the one nhight at a DVC resort, we are doing 3 and I got to pick where - OKW. It is our first visit back in 8 years. I can't wait. I have stayed so many places over the years and this always felt like home.

I will caution you though on room selection - research t hat - there is one area that is really noisy - sits on a bus road or busy street but I did feel like I was on the Indy 500 on our first night until we switched. I know if you book the HH category you will nOT have that problem. So if you did not book HH b/c it was unavailable - note it in your records QUIET AREA....

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: