DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #3481
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777 View Post
What are the request options available when doing online check-in? Thanks! If something additional needs to be requested, how is that handled? Phone? Fax?
DVC resorts do not accept faxes and you can't call the resort directly. If you have a DVC reservation, the owner of the points (might be you) calls Member Services to add the request. If it is a cash reservation from Disney Reservation Center, call DRC and add it to your reservation.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #3482
kenly777
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

DVC resorts do not accept faxes and you can't call the resort directly. If you have a DVC reservation, the owner of the points (might be you) calls Member Services to add the request. If it is a cash reservation from Disney Reservation Center, call DRC and add it to your reservation.
Thanks so much for the information! I had no idea that this was how it is done at a dvc, as we just bought in and this will be our first dvc trip. We have six nights HH studio and one night reg studio (wait listing HH). Can I request water/canal (?) view and corner room? Will a corner room provide an extra window at OKW? I love having the extra sunlight. Any other suggestions?

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #3483
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

At OKW, corner rooms are generally studios, and the corner studios in the crossbar of the "U" shaped buildings have no front windows, only the rear glass patio doors. Otherwise the OKW studios are usually on the ends of the buildings. These have front facing windows and rear glass patio doors.

Every one bedroom or larger unit I've stayed in at OKW had plenty of windows and natural light.

You can request a canal view, and hopefully will be placed in blgs 45, 46 or 55. Those have the best canal views.

HH studios will not have a true canal view. Bldg 23 may have a nice water view, but it is a golf course lake, not on the canal.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992

Last edited by Chuck S; 03-18-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #3484
Checkers
DIS Veteran

I have been going to OKW for years so you would think I would know this but here goes -- I am going to make reservations soon for a 2br (with 2 queen beds in 2nd br) and when I went on the DVC member site to check availability it did not indicate there was a sleeper chair in the 2br. Just wanted to confirm that since the renovations, all villas 1br and larger have a sleeper chair in the living room as well as the queen sleeper sofa. Has anyone stayed there recently and can confirm this? TIA!

Upcoming:

BWVs - 12/14-12/19
Old 03-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #3485
staceymay00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
I have been going to OKW for years so you would think I would know this but here goes -- I am going to make reservations soon for a 2br (with 2 queen beds in 2nd br) and when I went on the DVC member site to check availability it did not indicate there was a sleeper chair in the 2br. Just wanted to confirm that since the renovations, all villas 1br and larger have a sleeper chair in the living room as well as the queen sleeper sofa. Has anyone stayed there recently and can confirm this? TIA!
Yes, there is a sleeper chair in the living room...all 1BRs and 2BRs have the sleeper chair.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #3486
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
I wanted to pop in and give a little report on our first stay at OKW. Well, it started out a little rocky. First of all, none of our requests were met, which we weren't overly surprised about. .
my worse fears...
we have only been to the world 3 times and each and every one started off rocky and never had requests met-- not even close.

this time we are renting points. How bad can it get.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #3487
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
my worse fears...
we have only been to the world 3 times and each and every one started off rocky and never had requests met-- not even close.

Well, this is a good vibe.

We have been to WDW more times than I can recall now and I have only had 1 time where it started out not as magical as I would have wanted, however, in the end it all worked out.

Each of our trips have bumps....Disney and non-Disney trips.....but the bumps are what make each trip exciting and something to talk about later. If there is a negative, we use it as a learning experience and store it in our minds to avoid again.

Think positive!!!!!

Cheryl
Old 03-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #3488
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid74 View Post
Hi,

I am so excited, and nobody in the "real world" understands.

I have just finished booking my 2013 trip. We only get Home every other year, being in the UK.

I have just booked 17 nights in an accessible 1 bedroom near Hospitality House!

This will be our first 3 week trip, starting on October 29th. We are staying at All Star Movies for the first 2 days. Then I have a studio at OKW booked, which I am hoping to change to either VWL, or AKV at the 7 month window. Then the stay in the 1 bedroom.

We have also just made the last payment on our master contract.
Hello, everyone!!! I am so glad to have found this thread. I recently booked at OKW from POR. I decided to change resorts based on an awesome rate a friend got me and the fact that another friend had major issues at POR.

My family is so excited to stay in a villa!!! We rented a house for our 2006 & 2007 trips and we loved being able to cook meals and have space to spread out.

Sid - we will be there the same time as you. Perhaps we should schedule a meet? Also, I have a November 2013 thread going as well as a Facebook group if you'd like to join.

Have a great day, all!!!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
Old 03-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #3489
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
my worse fears...

Yes, our trip started off "rocky". NOT because our requests weren't met (we were VERY happy in building 52 despite the bus turnaround.) It was rocky because of the hassle of moving to a couple of buildings and then being locked out but MOSTLY because of rude service...which we never encountered again at OKW the rest of our stay.

In retrospect, I wish I wouldn't have spent so much time looking at locations and hoping for "near the HH". Of course, a LITTLE time spent on such matters would be appropriate. Like you, I have rarely had requests met so I should have known better!

Where I really want to encourage you is OKW is so nice that, in the end, you will have a great room! We have already decided that when we stay there again we will not worry about the building...we think we could be happy anywhere at OKW! We really loved it!

Old 03-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #3490
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceymay00 View Post
Yes, there is a sleeper chair in the living room...all 1BRs and 2BRs have the sleeper chair.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks, staceymay. I was able to book a 2br this morning for our Oct. trip. WooHoo!

Upcoming:

BWVs - 12/14-12/19
Old 03-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #3491
Twende
Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....

We are hoping to get a 3 Bdrm Grand Villa for a week starting Nov.10. We have to wait for the 7 month window. I am nervous that we will not be able to get one.

I love the flavor of OKW. It is such a relaxing resort.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #3492
Junebugwv
DIS Veteran

If I understand correctly, the HH area is a booking category for DVC members. I used RCI to exchange to OKW for September and the confirmation I received gives all the correct info concerning the date and bedroom size, but it also has a unit number: 14S

Does that mean we have been assigned building 14?

We have exchanged in the past and have also rented through Dis DVC members (awesome experiences!) but I don't remember having an assigned unit.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #3493
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebugwv View Post
If I understand correctly, the HH area is a booking category for DVC members. I used RCI to exchange to OKW for September and the confirmation I received gives all the correct info concerning the date and bedroom size, but it also has a unit number: 14S

Does that mean we have been assigned building 14?

We have exchanged in the past and have also rented through Dis DVC members (awesome experiences!) but I don't remember having an assigned unit.
I'm sure that "14S" is code for something but no way would it mean you will be in building 14. Disney won't decide what building you are in until a couple of days before you arrive. Its probably just an RCI code for something.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #3494
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I'm sure that "14S" is code for something but no way would it mean you will be in building 14. Disney won't decide what building you are in until a couple of days before you arrive. Its probably just an RCI code for something.
We had the same thing when we transfered our RCI into OKW. I called, and they said it is just their way of tracking payment method.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #3495
Joben
Mouseketeer

construction at OKW

so I just got back from our stay in march, and of course we are planning our next trip in November. I noticed a lot of construction at OKW in the Millers crossing area I believe. is this refurbishment? anyone know when it is scheduled to be completed? also what was with the construction at the entrance? I'm guessing it was something to do with water treatment

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: