DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #3346
Jennifer16
Earning My Ears

Bed Rails

Wondering if bed rails (for a toddler) are available from Guest Services ... or would this be something we would need to rent from an offsite company? If they are available, how would you go about requesting them?
Old 02-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #3347
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer16 View Post
Wondering if bed rails (for a toddler) are available from Guest Services ... or would this be something we would need to rent from an offsite company? If they are available, how would you go about requesting them?
Yes you can request bed rails when you arrive. We have even forgotten to request them and just called housekeeping and they were delivered to us.

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #3348
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormde View Post
Everyone should do a GV at least once!
Love them too! My son, then 5, can't we stay in a GV every time? Wish that we could!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 02-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #3349
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababear_50
And for my closing remarks for the evening
I hear the Gurggling (sp) Suitcase has the best bartenders in WDW
Naaaa. That belongs to California Grill.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #3350
Tony-NJ
Ready for Spring!!!
Needs at least 8 hours
Loves weeping willows

Hi folks - Love OKW! I also love a golf course view - I was wondering if anyone can recommend a great 2 BR building that overlooks one of the fairway's - Where they tee off? This totally relaxes me in the afternoon - love to sit with a glass of wine and watch the tee off.

Thanks!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #3351
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-NJ View Post
Hi folks - Love OKW! I also love a golf course view - I was wondering if anyone can recommend a great 2 BR building that overlooks one of the fairway's - Where they tee off? This totally relaxes me in the afternoon - love to sit with a glass of wine and watch the tee off.

Thanks!
Bldg 15. We stayed in a GV in that building, but I'm sure there are two bedroom villas also in that building. I spent lot of time on the porch watching the golfers.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #3352
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-NJ View Post

Thanks!
We've stayed in a few different buildings but you need to be 2nd floor or higher I found since the trees seem to get in the way.
#28, 48, and 24 are a few that we stayed in with a good view.

I also find that anywhere on the course is good because to see the golfers try and get out of the spots they get themselves in is entertaining. Seen a few balls kicked back into play!!!!

Cheryl
Old 02-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #3353
tlynk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
In that case, with non-HH reservations, ask for a room in buildings 62-64. This resort map may help you.
Thank you for the map! It is very helpful!

DLR- too many times to count! (Offsite, DLH, DGC) Walt Disney World (offsite, DTD, Dolphin, CBR, WL (x2), CSR, POR, BC, WL Club Level, SSR, BWV, VBR, POP, BCV) Disney Wonder 01/09 (3N Bahamas), 08/10 (5N Key West), 10/11 (7N Mexican Riviera), 5/12 (7N Alaska), 10/13 (7N Western Caribbean out of Galveston):Proud Owner of OKW 2010
Old 02-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #3354
knov278
Earning My Ears

Leaving from our very first stay at okw. I'm hooked! What a great resort! So quiet and beautiful! Only stayed 2 nights but we will be back again. Total hidden gem!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #3355
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

HI OKW lovers really looking forward to staying here for the 1st time in Sept.

Early days I know, still 6 months until we go, but I'd really like some advise on which rooms to request please. We've booked a 1 bedroom villa and the kids - 2 teenagers will be sleeping in the lounge so my requests so far are;

Top floor room (views & not having neighbours above)
Entrance to bathroom through laundry - not just bedroom (is this still just buildings 30 & above?)

Is there anything else I should take into consideration; we won't have a car with us but with 5 bus stops & older kids walk doesn't bother us. We do like to swim after our park visits but not worried about being near the main pool.

Any advise welcome

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic
Old 02-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #3356
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Bldg 15. We stayed in a GV in that building, but I'm sure there are two bedroom villas also in that building. I spent lot of time on the porch watching the golfers.
Building 15 is our favorite GV building! Love to harass them when they hit it in the pond!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #3357
amym2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzie B View Post
HI OKW lovers really looking forward to staying here for the 1st time in Sept.

Early days I know, still 6 months until we go, but I'd really like some advise on which rooms to request please. We've booked a 1 bedroom villa and the kids - 2 teenagers will be sleeping in the lounge so my requests so far are;

Top floor room (views & not having neighbours above)
Entrance to bathroom through laundry - not just bedroom (is this still just buildings 30 & above?)

Is there anything else I should take into consideration; we won't have a car with us but with 5 bus stops & older kids walk doesn't bother us. We do like to swim after our park visits but not worried about being near the main pool.

Any advise welcome
We had our first OKW stay last October and ended up in building 35 in the Turtle Pond area. We loved it! Short walk to HH, bathroom entrance through laundry room, bus stop just across the street. Only thing I would have changed would have been to request top floor. We were first floor and the A/C unit just outside the master bedroom was a bit loud. If we had neighbors above us, we never heard them, so that wasn't an issue.

Yes, bathroom entrances through laundry are still just buildings 30+.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #3358
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

Thanks Aym2, yes Turtle Pool area looks nice, and as I've found out that there's a 'mug re-fill station' there too during the day. I think our main request will be 'Dual Entrance' to bathroom. I'm guessing in reality that no-where's that long a walk to HH for 4 fit adults who don't mind walking - it just the resort looks huge from the map. We stayed at Coronado Springs a few years back and that walk didn't bother us - helps burn off some calories from all your lovely food, we're on DDP and plan to take full advatage

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic
Old 02-06-2013, 06:00 AM   #3359
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amym2

We had our first OKW stay last October and ended up in building 35 in the Turtle Pond area. We loved it! Short walk to HH, bathroom entrance through laundry room, bus stop just across the street. Only thing I would have changed would have been to request top floor. We were first floor and the A/C unit just outside the master bedroom was a bit loud. If we had neighbors above us, we never heard them, so that wasn't an issue.

Yes, bathroom entrances through laundry are still just buildings 30+.
We love the Turtle Pond area and quiet pool!

2nd floor is also nice. In 3 story buildings such as 35 your view on 3rd floor is limited by the vegetation as you are at the canopy level.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #3360
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

I am so sorry if this has been asked. I did try a search but had no luck. I have two younger kids (soon to be 5 and 6). We will be staying at OKW over spring break in a studio. Can someone suggest a room request for us? Every day pool use will be important and we will be using the buses for transportation to the park. We did not get HH booking.

Me Dh Dd 6 Ds5 (he made me pick this avatar!)

My Disneyland Trip Report
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: