DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #3331
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Ah "Home Sweet Home" very soon.

Hugs Mel
Old 01-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #3332
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababear_50 View Post
Ah "Home Sweet Home" very soon.

Hugs Mel
count me as a jealous one. But happy for you. Have fun!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #3333
smjj
DIS Veteran - Been there done that going back but now as a DVC member!

It looks as if we probably will be in bldg. 25 this next Thanksgiving. We requested a GV close to HH and were given this request. Has anyone stayed in this bldg. and can you describe it? We have stayed at OKW many times but never in this area, thanks in advance....smjj

Been too many times and stayed too many places to mention here. Now a proud DVC member at OKW
Old 01-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #3334
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Many years ago, before there was a near HH category, we were placed in one of those buildings, I don't remember which one exactly. It was great, very convenient to HH, but not one of the buildings where you have to fight for parking, like 11 to 14.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Old 01-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #3335
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smjj View Post
It looks as if we probably will be in bldg. 25 this next Thanksgiving. We requested a GV close to HH and were given this request. Has anyone stayed in this bldg. and can you describe it? We have stayed at OKW many times but never in this area, thanks in advance....smjj
We usually request Turtle Pond because I like that quiet pool, but we stayed in a GV in bldg 25 in October. We had never stayed in that area before, but I booked the HH category for that trip so we would be near the feature pool. Bldg 25 is the only building in the HH category with GVs. It was very nice, nice view of the golf course, very close to the Pennisular Road bus stop, and, of course, within easy walking distance of the main area.
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; VGF & OKW; SSR & OKW; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2015:
Old 02-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #3336
smjj
DIS Veteran - Been there done that going back but now as a DVC member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBea View Post
We usually request Turtle Pond because I like that quiet pool, but we stayed in a GV in bldg 25 in October. We had never stayed in that area before, but I booked the HH category for that trip so we would be near the feature pool. Bldg 25 is the only building in the HH category with GVs. It was very nice, nice view of the golf course, very close to the Pennisular Road bus stop, and, of course, within easy walking distance of the main area.
Great, that is just what I wanted to hear. We are taking the entire family this next Thanksgiving and there will be 10 of us and that includes 4 small ones. Thanks for the info....smjj

Been too many times and stayed too many places to mention here. Now a proud DVC member at OKW
Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #3337
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Joining this thread as we'll be staying at OKW in June. June 10-14, celebrating my DD's 15th birthday. We booked through David's and have a 2bdrm villa. I wish I would've done my research before we booked so I would've been able to have the owners make room requests upon booking.

Actually, OKW wasn't what we were originally looking for, our first choice was a 2bdrm at AK but from all I've read, I'm beginning to realize how much better we are at OKW and lucky there we didn't get our first choice.

We're a semi-blended family of 6 with older kiddos that will appreciate the space.

I'm hoping to ask for a 2bdrm villa, 3rd floor in buildings 62, 63, 64, 45 & 46. I know the first three are mainly held for those with elevator needs. While my DBF isn't of ABSOLUTE need, he does experience back issues and heel pain after many hours on his feet. Being close to the HH will also be appreciated as the kids can make their way over and enjoy the community hall and different sport courts without us feeling like we have to go also.

June 2012 - Our First Semi-Blended Family Trip - CSR
December 2012 - DBF and I's First Ever Disney Christmas
June 2013 - Celebrating DD's 15th Birthday - OKW
November 2014 - DBF and I Celebrating My Big 4-0 at AULANI!!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #3338
teresadisney
Earning My Ears

We are a group of 10. Two families of 5, but close enough that we will be splitting the rooms differently. We booked 3 studio suites (OKW). Did we make a mistake? A 3 bedroom was just such a price jump.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #3339
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresadisney View Post
We are a group of 10. Two families of 5, but close enough that we will be splitting the rooms differently. We booked 3 studio suites (OKW). Did we make a mistake? A 3 bedroom was just such a price jump.
It depends on what you are planning on doing. If you really need a full kitchen, you will miss out on that. The studios have limited kitchen supplies. If you only really need it to sleep, you will be fine.

We have done the 2 bed and 1 studio before and that worked for us.

Cheryl
Old 02-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #3340
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
You do know that no studio connects to another studio, right? And most studios are on the ends of the building at OKW. So you might have one over the other and still another at the other end of the building. If any of the family members are under 17, they will need an adult staying in the studio with them. So Mom and Dad may have to split up with the kids.

And DVC doesn't have suites. They are villas. Suites are a totally different type of lodging.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #3341
teresadisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
You do know that no studio connects to another studio, right? And most studios are on the ends of the building at OKW. So you might have one over the other and still another at the other end of the building. If any of the family members are under 17, they will need an adult staying in the studio with them. So Mom and Dad may have to split up with the kids.

And DVC doesn't have suites. They are villas. Suites are a totally different type of lodging.
Sorry, that was my mistype, yes I understand that they are just studios and not suites. I also know that the rooms will not be connected. Does anyone know how many studios are in each building. If I understand correctly there are two different size building. Thanks for answering I know my questions may seem strange.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:46 AM   #3342
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Sorry, that was my mistype, yes I understand that they are just studios and not suites. I also know that the rooms will not be connected. Does anyone know how many studios are in each building. If I understand correctly there are two different size building. Thanks for answering I know my questions may seem strange.
There are quite a few different styles of buildings at OKW...Certainly not just two. Some buildings are 2 stories and some are 3. ALL studios are on the outside ends of the buildings with the exception of what I call the "H" shaped buildings. Those will have some interior "corner" studios. Most buildings would have a minimum of 4 studios.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #3343
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

When booking multiple studios, be sure Member Services notes "Traveling with" on all 3 reservations. They will put you as close as possible.

When traveling with a group, I've had studios that were right next to each other in the H shaped buildings, studios that were one on top of the other, and studios that were in adjacent buildings, like bldg 19 and 20. Occasionally we've gotten then in the same building, but at opposite ends. All in all, none were what I would call "inconvenient," and everyone had a great time. And sometimes, you don't WANT to be right next door, as each family unit needs a little bit of down time away from the others.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Old 02-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #3344
disneyvacalover
Mouseketeer

Does any one have any pictures of the current refurb to the sandcastle slide?
We will be there 2/11-2/22 and are hoping the refurb will be completed sooner than the scheduled end dat of 2/15.

TIA!
1998-ASMU, 1999-ASSP, 2000-ASMO, 2001-ASMU, 2002-ASMU, 2003-WL, 4/2003-CB, 10/2003-POR/AKL 2/2005-POP/POR,10/2005-CBR, 2/2006-POP, 9/2006-POP, 2/2007-POR,9/2007-POR, 2/2008-OKW 12/2008-CSR, 2/2009-AKV 10/09 SSR 2/10 SSR 10/10 BLT 2/11 BWV 1/31 MAGIC, 10/12 CB, 2/13 OKW, 4/2013 BCV, 10/13 BWV 11/2014 BWV
Old 02-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #3345
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

I stayed in the one on the left as you face the building a couple of year ago. It was large and nice, the view was good but not spectacular. Easy walk to the HH. Everyone should do a GV at least once!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: