DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #3316
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I'm at OKW now, my sister checked in yesterday & I'm joining her for the night. It's the second floor, a bit hard for me, but my sister didn't realize I requested first floor or elevator building, so when they told her second floor, she said fine.

We're in building 20, never would pick it as the turn around for the busses is right here, BUT we are on the water side, in most area and our view is wonderful!!

Tonight is my last night go DVC staying since December 30th. I have a few days with family until hubby flies down to drive home with me.

It's been a great stay overall! I was upgraded to pool view from standard view at BWV. Otherwise, it's been an ineventful, wonderful stay!

Bobbi
Old 01-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #3317
ercrbc
Mouseketeer

We just got back from a long weekend at OKW. We stayed in bldg 14 in Sept 2010, right before that area was renovated. We loved it so much we bought a resale contract. We have been trying other resorts the last few trips (BWV, AKV, HHI, WLV) and it was so nice to come back 'home' to OKW.

We stayed in bldg 19. We liked the renovations, and really enjoyed the Millers Rd area. It was an easy walk to the HH, we walked several times to the main pool, CH, Olivias, and to the boat to DTD. I forgot the baby's swim diaper and made the walk back to the room and then back to the pool in under 15min. We rode a bus to the MK and to Epcot and our 1yo LOVED the bus. She was not happy when we loaded her into the car to go to HS one morning. She kept pointing to the bus stop and made her 'angry face' lol

My big kids (7 and 4) had a blast at the pool, enjoyed seeing ducks and other birds outside the balcony, and were so excited about making shark tooth necklaces at the CH one afternoon.

DH and I both said we will be crazy to stay anywhere but OKW in the future. Nothing beats getting out of the car 10ft in front of your room to unload. Not to mention the room size for the pts. We just love OKW
2011 June AKV-Kidani
2010 Sept OKW
2009 Sept AKV-Jambo
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #3318
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

I'm sitting by the pool again today. It's a beautiful day at OKW. I love the music playing and the sun is so warm. I love, love, love OKW.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #3319
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

we are staying 2 nights before our cruise in March, first stay and am sooo looking forward to checking it out. We have a 1 bedroom booked and have requested 3 rd floor building 32 any thoughts on this? Havent seen anyone commenting on this building that I can recall. Any input is welcomed!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #3320
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

32 will be behind the bus stop, but there is usually not too much noise. I like buildings 30 to 33, as well as 35.

You are aware that there are no elevators at OKW, except in buildings 61, 62 or 63? You will have stairs. OKW was designed and built before the ADA required as much access for wheelchairs as it does now. Buildings 61, 62 and 63 were added later, so they have elevators.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #3321
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I'm at OKW now, my sister checked in yesterday & I'm joining her for the night. It's the second floor, a bit hard for me, but my sister didn't realize I requested first floor or elevator building, so when they told her second floor, she said fine.

We're in building 20, never would pick it as the turn around for the busses is right here, BUT we are on the water side, in most area and our view is wonderful!!

Tonight is my last night go DVC staying since December 30th. I have a few days with family until hubby flies down to drive home with me.

It's been a great stay overall! I was upgraded to pool view from standard view at BWV. Otherwise, it's been an ineventful, wonderful stay!

Bobbi
Bobbi, I think the views from building 20 are some of the best at OKW. That is especially true when the sun is coming up. FYI, I have never noticed the bus noise in the bus turn around buildings, and we have stayed in 20/21 and 51/52 several times.

FYI, you are actually lucky to be on the second floor of 20, since that building has GVs in it, and it's much better to be NEXT to a GV than it is to be UNDER a GV.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #3322
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundfordisney View Post
we are staying 2 nights before our cruise in March, first stay and am sooo looking forward to checking it out. We have a 1 bedroom booked and have requested 3 rd floor building 32 any thoughts on this? Havent seen anyone commenting on this building that I can recall. Any input is welcomed!
Building 32 is fine. I like building 35 as well in that area. Further away from the buses (but about as close to the bus stop), and slightly closer to the quiet pool! Walking to HH is of course faster from building 32.

In addition to requesting 3rd floor building 32, you could add requests for old turtle pond, near the bus stop. So if building 32 is not available, you'll still be in this general area (maybe in 35!)

I'm sure you'll have a great time at OKW, I can't wait to be back!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #3323
boundfordisney

Thank you for the info didnt think about the bus area but even if there is some noise it wont bother me, 2 teen grandkids and a dh who can sleep through anything so noise isnt a issue. Im sooo looking forward to our stay here but Im thinking it just may spoil us as far as future trips and booking somewhere else. Having a 1 bedroom will sure be nice to have more space, did have the poly booked but changed to okw for more room, we have stayed at cbr. the yacht club and poly on past trips but this is a first for the 1 bedroom.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #3324
dianeschlicht
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundfordisney View Post
Thank you for the info didnt think about the bus area but even if there is some noise it wont bother me, 2 teen grandkids and a dh who can sleep through anything so noise isnt a issue. Im sooo looking forward to our stay here but Im thinking it just may spoil us as far as future trips and booking somewhere else. Having a 1 bedroom will sure be nice to have more space, did have the poly booked but changed to okw for more room, we have stayed at cbr. the yacht club and poly on past trips but this is a first for the 1 bedroom.
Okay, so if you are in a 1 bedroom, you will have NO issues with bus sound. It's mostly the studios (or second bedrooms) that hear the bus noise.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #3325
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Bobbi, I think the views from building 20 are some of the best at OKW. That is especially true when the sun is coming up. FYI, I have never noticed the bus noise in the bus turn around buildings, and we have stayed in 20/21 and 51/52 several times.

FYI, you are actually lucky to be on the second floor of 20, since that building has GVs in it, and it's much better to be NEXT to a GV than it is to be UNDER a GV.
Thanks for the info. There was no 3rd floor above us, we were very lucky!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #3326
boundfordisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Okay, so if you are in a 1 bedroom, you will have NO issues with bus sound. It's mostly the studios (or second bedrooms) that hear the bus noise.
oh sounds even better thanks for letting me know this!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #3327
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
32 will be behind the bus stop, but there is usually not too much noise. I like buildings 30 to 33, as well as 35.

You are aware that there are no elevators at OKW, except in buildings 61, 62 or 63? You will have stairs. OKW was designed and built before the ADA required as much access for wheelchairs as it does now. Buildings 61, 62 and 63 were added later, so they have elevators.
Elevators are still not required under the ADA unless a building is more than 2 floors, so since most of OKW is only 2 floors, they would be exempt from needing elevators anyway.

Buildings 61, 62 and 63 are 3 stories.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 01-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #3328
LGithens
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN
Elevators are still not required under the ADA unless a building is more than 2 floors, so since most of OKW is only 2 floors, they would be exempt from needing elevators anyway.

Buildings 61, 62 and 63 are 3 stories.
We were in 32 and were on the 3rd floor.

In earlier posts, I shared our issue at check in of how we didn't get our booking category. In trying to find us a good location, my husband kept asking the CM, is that the top floor? I turned to him and said, there is no elevator. So we take 32, 3rd floor, they drive us and our luggage to the building in a van. My husband, who prefers to take his own luggage, is trying to tell the CM that we got it, but of course the CM, knows he has to help take the bags up. My husband looks at me and says "where's the elevator?" Lol, I roll my eyes, and said "I said there isn't an elevator!" My husband insists there's an elevator, but of course I was right. The location by the bus stop was perfect, but since we're getting older,the steps weren't as much fun.
And see, I knew he doesn't really listen to me!
2004-Old Key West, 2005-Port Orleans Riverside..a Magical Gathering
2005-Boardwalk Villas, 2006- Saratoga Springs
2006-Boardwalk Villas, 2006- Port Orleans FQ
2007- Coronado Springs, 2007-AKL/Old Key West 2009- Saratoga Springs, BWV, Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2011- SSR, POR, OKW, BCV, SSR
2013 OKW with the whole family! Nov 2013 OKW again with whole family
May 2014 Emily accepted into Disney College Program Marriott Cypress Harbour
July 2014 Marriott Village Aug 2014 Marriott Grand Vista
Sept 2014 Pop Century/ Marriott Cypress Harbour

Old 01-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #3329
downontheBW

DIS Veteran

OKW Sandcastle Pool closed Feb 4-5

Anyone staying at OKW next week probably would have received this but thought I'd share anyway. We just got a letter saying that the Sandcastle pool will be closed Mon, Feb 4 and Tues, Feb 5. Below is the quote from the letter.
In order for Disney's Old Key West Resort to continue to create magical Guest experiences, it is necessary for us to conduct maintenance from time to time. As a result, we will temporarily close our Sandcastle Pool from February 4-5, 2013 We expect the pool to reopen by mid-week.

During this time, the High Rock Springs Pool at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa will be available for your enjoyment. Transportation will be available for Guests wishing to take advantage of the nearby pool experience.
It would be nice if the transportation to SSR was by boat but I doubt it. Looking at the 10-day outlook for weather at Disney, it'll probably be too cold to be in the pool much anyway

Heidi

Heidi

Old 01-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #3330
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGithens View Post
We were in 32 and were on the 3rd floor.

In earlier posts, I shared our issue at check in of how we didn't get our booking category. In trying to find us a good location, my husband kept asking the CM, is that the top floor? I turned to him and said, there is no elevator. So we take 32, 3rd floor, they drive us and our luggage to the building in a van. My husband, who prefers to take his own luggage, is trying to tell the CM that we got it, but of course the CM, knows he has to help take the bags up. My husband looks at me and says "where's the elevator?" Lol, I roll my eyes, and said "I said there isn't an elevator!" My husband insists there's an elevator, but of course I was right. The location by the bus stop was perfect, but since we're getting older,the steps weren't as much fun.
And see, I knew he doesn't really listen to me!
Ah, selective hearing..

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: