DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #3301
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray52 View Post
We just returned from a week at OKW! Our first home just keeps getting better and better. This was our first time in a 2BR (8 people) and i must say, it felt HUGE! :
We always travel with 6-8 and I have to tell you since 1st booking a 2br, 11 years ago, we've never looked back! OKW/DVC has spoiled us!

I was just sitting here, looking out of the window, thinking, "Gosh I'd love to be on my villa balcony at OKW, sipping coffee! Time to book another trip!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 01-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #3302
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
It sounds like the person checking you in was trying to pull the wool over your eyes and "hoping" you didn't really know which buildings were in the HH category. That makes me a little sad that our great customer service we have always gotten from the desk workers at OKW is waning.

I wouldn't say there was any wool being pulled. If building 13 was down for renovation or repair, and knowing that they often try to hold the 60s buildings for those with mobility issues because they have elevators, then bldgs 15, 16, 27, 28 and 29 would seem to be reasonable alternatives. Not all rehabs and renovations are scheduled months/weeks in advance. There could have been a major unscheduled last minute problem with bldg 13, like a water leak, A/C and heating failure or a room could have been pretty much trashed by a recent occupant and it needed repainting.

Bldg 13 does have some HA units, so it is reasonable to assume that they were trying to reassign the people needing wheelchairs and ecvs to the 60s buildings, rather than the building with stairs.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992

Last edited by Chuck S; 01-14-2013 at 10:37 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #3303
gray52
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
I wouldn't say there was any wool being pulled. If building 13 was down for renovation or repair, and knowing that they often try to hold the 60s buildings for those with mobility issues because they have elevators, then bldgs 15, 16, 27, 28 and 29 would seem to be reasonable alternatives. Not all rehabs and renovations are scheduled months/weeks in advance. There could have been a major unscheduled last minute problem with bldg 13, like a water leak, A/C and heating failure or a room could have been pretty much trashed by a recent occupant and it needed repainting.

Bldg 13 does have some HA units, so it is reasonable to assume that they were trying to reassign the people needing wheelchairs and ecvs to the 60s buildings, rather than the building with stairs.
The work going on at building 13 didn't look to be minor. Orange barricades around the entire building and scaffolding isn't something that is usually a minor or last minute issue. 15, 16 and 27 i could see... but 28 & 29 are a stretch at best.
I didn't mind that i was re-assigned as much as i did the fact that they tried to switch it and hope i didn't realize. It wasn't until she realized i wasn't going away that she brought in help.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #3304
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post

I understand that, Chuck, but the attitude of the front desk person to act as though building 29 WAS in the HH booking category is what I was referring to. Frankly, one of my favorite buildings is 15, and I always HOPE I get that one.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #3305
LGithens
Mouseketeer

Just an update to my previous post about booking a HH villa, and it not being available at check in.

I sent an email to Member Services, explaining what had happened and just wanted a clarification as to what "booking category" actually meant. IE, actual booking category or merely a request that is usually met.
I received a call from member services, and as I had requested, they researched our reservation, spoke with manager, back office, and front desk CM, to try to determine what went wrong. First off they assured me that it is actually a booking category and we should have had a room in the HH area. From their investigating, it appears someone in the back office had removed the HH category, putting us in a standard. The front desk only saw us as being in a standard booking, so when we questioned the room placement, she thought we were trying to get an upgrade, which was not available. They of course apologized for the error and we did receive compensation.

I've learned that at check in, we should have been a little more demanding of an explanation to why we weren't able to get what we booked. I felt that I was being difficult enough as it was, but actually, I should have pressed the issue a tad more. But at the time, I wasn't 100% sure the booking category Really meant that much. But I've learned it is.

DVC is genuinely sorry that this happened, and they made it right.
2004-Old Key West, 2005-Port Orleans Riverside..a Magical Gathering
2005-Boardwalk Villas, 2006- Saratoga Springs
2006-Boardwalk Villas, 2006- Port Orleans FQ
2007- Coronado Springs, 2007-AKL/Old Key West 2009- Saratoga Springs, BWV, Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2011- SSR, POR, OKW, BCV, SSR
2013 OKW with the whole family! Nov 2013 OKW again with whole family
May 2014 Emily accepted into Disney College Program Marriott Cypress Harbour
July 2014 Marriott Village Aug 2014 Marriott Grand Vista
Sept 2014 Pop Century/ Marriott Cypress Harbour

Old 01-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #3306
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I have always found Disney customer service outstanding. I'm so glad they figured out what happened.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 01-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #3307
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGithens View Post
The front desk only saw us as being in a standard booking, so when we questioned the room placement, she thought we were trying to get an upgrade, which was not available. They of course apologized for the error and we did receive compensation.
Glad you were compensated, but there's no reason for them to have thought that you were trying to get an "upgrade". HH is the same cost in points as non-HH is. If anything it's a side-grade. Good to hear that you are satisfied with the resolution. Hopefully, they will learn from this and not make the same error again.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #3308
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Just an update to my previous post about booking a HH villa, and it not being available at check in.

I sent an email to Member Services, explaining what had happened and just wanted a clarification as to what "booking category" actually meant. IE, actual booking category or merely a request that is usually met.
I received a call from member services, and as I had requested, they researched our reservation, spoke with manager, back office, and front desk CM, to try to determine what went wrong. First off they assured me that it is actually a booking category and we should have had a room in the HH area. From their investigating, it appears someone in the back office had removed the HH category, putting us in a standard. The front desk only saw us as being in a standard booking, so when we questioned the room placement, she thought we were trying to get an upgrade, which was not available. They of course apologized for the error and we did receive compensation.

I've learned that at check in, we should have been a little more demanding of an explanation to why we weren't able to get what we booked. I felt that I was being difficult enough as it was, but actually, I should have pressed the issue a tad more. But at the time, I wasn't 100% sure the booking category Really meant that much. But I've learned it is.

Glad you at least got a good explanation.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #3309
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
"guide" is just the DVC word for "salesperson."

they are really just your contact if you want to buy more pts directly. that's all.

(and adding more pts on a cruise probably meant that the commissions went to someone else, not your "guide.")
Of the 19 years we have been members the first 15 years our guide has been in touch with us many times just to check in. The last few years and the new generation of sales people don't consider themselves anything other than that. What can I do for them. Very sad! I asked when we purchased an additional contract and our 'guide' assigned to us gets the commission.

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
Old 01-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #3310
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't know if you were compensated with a return of points (if you are a DVC member) but if you were beware. Had a big mix up a few years ago and they gave us our points back and they originally did and than after about 8 months they took them back no explanation and could not get it resolved.

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
Old 01-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #3311
Dee77
DIS Veteran

Just booked OKW this week for our stay in August!!! My family could stay there every time. We love it!!!

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2015 OKW 3 Bedroom GV
Old 01-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #3312
Disfanx4
Mouseketeer

Just booked August trip and started official countdown 208 days and counting! Love love OKW. Friends think I'm nuts but oh we'll lol
Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #3313
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I am also staying at Old Key West in August

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 12/20/14 Christmas Magic 4/17/15 Pop Century
Old 01-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #3314
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

I'm sitting by the pool. I love OKW!!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #3315
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Orlando View Post
I'm sitting by the pool. I love OKW!!

Lucky!

Closed Thread