DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #3286
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5
This is probably old news but with the new early online check-in that I used today, these were the check-in options (I was disappointed to see there was no option for "near the HH area" or "canal view"):

You may select up to 2 room requests.
Dual Bathroom Entrances

Second Floor

Fairway View

Lower Floor

Near Transportation

Miller's Road Area

Peninsular Road Area

South Point Road Area

Old Turtle Pond Road Area
You can still call MS and later confirm with front desk to add more specific requests. I did the online checkin then called to request a 3rd floor and a water view, in addition to old turtle pond near a bus stop. Got exactly the building I wanted.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #3287
Jennifer16
Earning My Ears

OKW Map

I recall seeing a map on this site that had the buildings labeled according to the type of villa (i.e. grand villa), and hoping that someone may be able to redirect me to it ... just realized that we can make requests with the online check in earlier than I had originally thought. We are going in March, staying in Grand (3 Bedroom) Villa ... want to be near a bus stop ... but don't want to hear the traffic from the outside road. Travelling with wide range of ages (2 1/2 - 75) ... so building request is key for keeping everyone happy I think the post also indicated the bus route through the resort?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #3288
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer16
I recall seeing a map on this site that had the buildings labeled according to the type of villa (i.e. grand villa), and hoping that someone may be able to redirect me to it ... just realized that we can make requests with the online check in earlier than I had originally thought. We are going in March, staying in Grand (3 Bedroom) Villa ... want to be near a bus stop ... but don't want to hear the traffic from the outside road. Travelling with wide range of ages (2 1/2 - 75) ... so building request is key for keeping everyone happy I think the post also indicated the bus route through the resort?

Hope it helps! Also just stayed in building 4822, close to bus stop, quiet pool and I didn't hear road noise. We traveled with a similarly aged group (1.5-61) and we all LOVED the building. Even my mom who hates staying away from the HH area. Peninsular RD is the first stop and HH is the last.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #3289
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Try the third post in this thread
Old 01-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #3290
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post

Hope it helps! Also just stayed in building 4822, close to bus stop, quiet pool and I didn't hear road noise. We traveled with a similarly aged group (1.5-61) and we all LOVED the building. Even my mom who hates staying away from the HH area. Peninsular RD is the first stop and HH is the last.
Just a reminder that the GV in bldg 48 is a first floor level entry H.A. unit. Based on my experience with room types other than a CV, I think the quietest non-H.A. locations would be bldg 15, 16, 19, 43 and 53, though 53.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Old 01-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #3291
MarkF0wle
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post

I think I am missing something incredibly basic. But on this map what does the red boxes indicate. The legend says M.A.?

I cannot for the life of my fathom what it means.

Disney's All-Star Sports / Disney Dream Cruise / Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - April 2015
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - May 2014 | Disney's Old Key West Resort - May 2013
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - May 2012 | Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa - May 2011, August 2010, August 2008 | Bahama Bay Resort - August 2006
Resident's Inn - August 2002 | Double Tree Resort - August 2004, August 2001, August 1999, August 1997 | Fantasy Villas - August 1996, August 1993, April 1991
Old 01-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #3292
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkF0wle View Post

I think I am missing something incredibly basic. But on this map what does the red boxes indicate. The legend says M.A.?

I cannot for the life of my fathom what it means.
It is H.A., meaning that those building have some handicap modified units in them. (Roll-in showers, lower counters, less cabinet space, etc.) All of those units should be on the first floor; 2nd and 3rd floor units would be unmodified. Except for bldg 63, as it has an elevator for access.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #3293
MarkF0wle
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
It is H.A., meaning that those building have some handicap modified units in them. (Roll-in showers, lower counters, less cabinet space, etc.) All of those units should be on the first floor; 2nd and 3rd floor units would be unmodified. Except for bldg 63, as it has an elevator for access.
Thank you! That makes complete sense, just as I knew it would be a simple answer. I just couldn't connect the dots.

Disney's All-Star Sports / Disney Dream Cruise / Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - April 2015
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - May 2014 | Disney's Old Key West Resort - May 2013
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - May 2012 | Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa - May 2011, August 2010, August 2008 | Bahama Bay Resort - August 2006
Resident's Inn - August 2002 | Double Tree Resort - August 2004, August 2001, August 1999, August 1997 | Fantasy Villas - August 1996, August 1993, April 1991
Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #3294
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S

4822 is on the second floor. It was not HA
Old 01-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #3295
Jennifer16
Earning My Ears

GV Elevators

Just got off the phone with a Cast Member at OKW. I was told that ALL GVs have an elevator. Can someone confirm that this is correct ... I do not recall seeing this listed anywhere. We are thinking of getting my Mom a scooter and we were not sure about where to store it ... this is when I was told about each GV having an elevator. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #3296
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer16 View Post
Just got off the phone with a Cast Member at OKW. I was told that ALL GVs have an elevator. Can someone confirm that this is correct ... I do not recall seeing this listed anywhere. We are thinking of getting my Mom a scooter and we were not sure about where to store it ... this is when I was told about each GV having an elevator. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Unless they added them in the past 2 years, the GV we had did not have an elevator. If you look at the map that they just posted above you can see where the Grandvillas are (in yellow) and which ones have an elevator.

cheryl
Old 01-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #3297
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

No, Only Bldg 63 has a GV and an elevator. There is one I believe by South Point road that is on the 1 and 2 floor, but no elevator to that second floor.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #3298
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer16 View Post
There is no elevator access to any GVs except those in bldg 63. There is first floor entry GV in bldg 48.

None of the GVs will have an elevator for access to the the upstairs sleeping areas, anyone requiring a wheelchair or ECV will be limited to the master bedroom and bathing area, dining room, living room, kitchen and balcony.

Even if you called the resorts direct number, it is unlikely you actually spoke to anyone at the resort...those calls go to a central virtual front desk call center, which may not even be located on property.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #3299
gray52
Mouseketeer

We just returned from a week at OKW! Our first home just keeps getting better and better. This was our first time in a 2BR (8 people) and i must say, it felt HUGE!

The week didn't start out very well... there's some rehabbing going on in building 13 and when we arrived, they tried to put us in building 29... "You're in building 29, near the hospitality house". When i said i had booked HH, her response was, "Oh yes... look here... you are right near the HH and next to a bus stop too." After a brief pause, I kindly explained that i booked at 11-months... and did the online check-in at 10-days. While i knew that really didn't guarantee anything, i pushed the fact. She brought in her supervisor and i explained it all to her. I let her know that i booked HH and i wanted a 2BR in the HH area... or i would accept two 1BR in the same building anywhere. We compromised with a 2BR in building 62... which is our favorite building at OKW anyway, so it all turned out well. I am still a little annoyed that we could have ended up in building 29... i mean, they know a rehab is going to take place months in advance.
Anyway... OKW is still the great place we have grown to love. Considering skipping BWV next year and returning to OKW.

Oh... and NEVER again during marathon weekend.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #3300
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray52 View Post
We just returned from a week at OKW! Our first home just keeps getting better and better. This was our first time in a 2BR (8 people) and i must say, it felt HUGE!

The week didn't start out very well... there's some rehabbing going on in building 13 and when we arrived, they tried to put us in building 29... "You're in building 29, near the hospitality house". When i said i had booked HH, her response was, "Oh yes... look here... you are right near the HH and next to a bus stop too." After a brief pause, I kindly explained that i booked at 11-months... and did the online check-in at 10-days. While i knew that really didn't guarantee anything, i pushed the fact. She brought in her supervisor and i explained it all to her. I let her know that i booked HH and i wanted a 2BR in the HH area... or i would accept two 1BR in the same building anywhere. We compromised with a 2BR in building 62... which is our favorite building at OKW anyway, so it all turned out well. I am still a little annoyed that we could have ended up in building 29... i mean, they know a rehab is going to take place months in advance.
Anyway... OKW is still the great place we have grown to love. Considering skipping BWV next year and returning to OKW.

Oh... and NEVER again during marathon weekend.
It sounds like the person checking you in was trying to pull the wool over your eyes and "hoping" you didn't really know which buildings were in the HH category. That makes me a little sad that our great customer service we have always gotten from the desk workers at OKW is waning.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: