DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #3046
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 21,911

I don't know who Ed was, but I suspect that only Ed and OKW management knows the reason he left. It might have been unrelated to his interface with the guests.
__________________
OKW Lover is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #3047
brucerob62
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lincoln,NE
Posts: 368

brucerob

I am at OKW in march. I have never been here before.I want to try something different. WHat building is best to be as close as possible to the HH and I am in a studio. Close to busstop nice to..Dont need to be close to a pool though. Thanks everyone cant wait to get there.
brucerob62 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #3048
MySecondHome
Never Grow Up !
 
MySecondHome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 42

My absolute favorite resort!

OKW bound in 3 weeks!!!

"My Second Home"

You drive thru the gates and immediately you are at peace! Strolls down the lane to the main building, hearing the birds, warm sun!

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards
__________________
DVC Member (OKW, BLT)

Wonder 04/2009...Wonder 11/2009...Wonder 12/2009...Wonder 10/2010...Dream 03/2011...Magic 10/2011...Magic 04/2012...Dream 09/2012...Dream 10/2012 Cruise #10 Jan 2013!!...Cruise #11 Oct 2013!!

MySecondHome is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #3049
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 8,433

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerob62 View Post
I am at OKW in march. I have never been here before.I want to try something different. WHat building is best to be as close as possible to the HH and I am in a studio. Close to busstop nice to..Dont need to be close to a pool though. Thanks everyone cant wait to get there.
you can see a map of OKW here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....75743&page=199
__________________
-Charles

chalee94 is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #3050
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there
 
BEASLYBOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wellington, Florida
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySecondHome View Post
You drive through the gates and immediately you are at peace! Strolls down the lane to the main building, hearing the birds, warm sun! Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards
Perfect description..... I even love the corny, "Welcome Home!"

Arriving in 10 days!
__________________
Summer Aug 2014- Kidani-2bd

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #3051
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerob62 View Post
I am at OKW in march. I have never been here before.I want to try something different. WHat building is best to be as close as possible to the HH and I am in a studio. Close to busstop nice to..Dont need to be close to a pool though. Thanks everyone cant wait to get there.
Well first off, you need to be booked in the HH category, since it is a separate booking category. Closest to HH and the HH bus stop would be buildings 13 and 14. Neither are favorites of mine, but then I don't know how they are for studios, since we only stay in the villas and not studios.

Not sure WHY you want to be as close as possible to HH, if you aren't interested in the pool. That is really the ONLY reason to be close to HH. I much prefer "close to a bus stop" at all other locations over HH.
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #3052
Mouse511
DIS Veteran
 
Mouse511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,196

Hi fellow OKW lovers....we are here now and are wondering if you can still bypass the ac sensor for the room. We are from new england and love our room super cold at night. With these darn sensors, the room really heats up while you are sleeping and not moving around. I thought you could hold the power and down arrow to put it in bypass mode....but that doesn't seem to work. Thanks in advance.
__________________
10/99 Dixie Landings -- 03/00 Offsite-Universal Studios -- 10/01 Port Orleans Riverside -- 10/03 Caribbean Beach -- 12/06 Wilderness Lodge -- 09/07 Wilderness Lodge -- 10/07 WDW Swan -- 10/08 Saratoga Springs -- 02/09 Old Key West -- 10/09 Vero Beach & Old Key West -- 11/10 Old Key West -- 5/11 Bay Lake Tower -- 11/12 Old Key West
Mouse511 is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #3053
BobNed


Mouseketeer
 
BobNed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Kirkland, WA, OKW, SSR, & Aulani
Posts: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse511 View Post
Hi fellow OKW lovers....we are here now and are wondering if you can still bypass the ac sensor for the room. We are from new england and love our room super cold at night. With these darn sensors, the room really heats up while you are sleeping and not moving around. I thought you could hold the power and down arrow to put it in bypass mode....but that doesn't seem to work. Thanks in advance.
Press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. After 2-3 seconds bp will show on the display. The bypass will last for 24 hours so you need to do it every day.
__________________
BobNed is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #3054
Mouse511
DIS Veteran
 
Mouse511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNed
Press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. After 2-3 seconds bp will show on the display. The bypass will last for 24 hours so you need to do it every day.
You're the best!!!! Thank you very much.
__________________
10/99 Dixie Landings -- 03/00 Offsite-Universal Studios -- 10/01 Port Orleans Riverside -- 10/03 Caribbean Beach -- 12/06 Wilderness Lodge -- 09/07 Wilderness Lodge -- 10/07 WDW Swan -- 10/08 Saratoga Springs -- 02/09 Old Key West -- 10/09 Vero Beach & Old Key West -- 11/10 Old Key West -- 5/11 Bay Lake Tower -- 11/12 Old Key West
Mouse511 is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #3055
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreaming92701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,891

Stayed OKW this summer before fantasy cruise with a DVC member friend. Fell in love and we bought DVC on the boat. Staying May 2013 and had a question and sorry if this has been answered many times. Can we pack a cooler for the kids for the pool and if yes are adult beverages also able to be brought in? Haven't decided what area to ask for yet but we stayed in 18 last time but not sure if want that again liked being near the smaller pool but didn't like walking all the way around the block to get to it.
disneydreaming92701 is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #3056
Mouse511
DIS Veteran
 
Mouse511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaming92701
Stayed OKW this summer before fantasy cruise with a DVC member friend. Fell in love and we bought DVC on the boat. Staying May 2013 and had a question and sorry if this has been answered many times. Can we pack a cooler for the kids for the pool and if yes are adult beverages also able to be brought in? Haven't decided what area to ask for yet but we stayed in 18 last time but not sure if want that again liked being near the smaller pool but didn't like walking all the way around the block to get to it.
Can't tell you about the main pool, but we just came back from the turtle pond pool and there was a group of people with adult beverages brought in and no one said anything.
__________________
10/99 Dixie Landings -- 03/00 Offsite-Universal Studios -- 10/01 Port Orleans Riverside -- 10/03 Caribbean Beach -- 12/06 Wilderness Lodge -- 09/07 Wilderness Lodge -- 10/07 WDW Swan -- 10/08 Saratoga Springs -- 02/09 Old Key West -- 10/09 Vero Beach & Old Key West -- 11/10 Old Key West -- 5/11 Bay Lake Tower -- 11/12 Old Key West
Mouse511 is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #3057
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaming92701 View Post
Stayed OKW this summer before fantasy cruise with a DVC member friend. Fell in love and we bought DVC on the boat. Staying May 2013 and had a question and sorry if this has been answered many times. Can we pack a cooler for the kids for the pool and if yes are adult beverages also able to be brought in? Haven't decided what area to ask for yet but we stayed in 18 last time but not sure if want that again liked being near the smaller pool but didn't like walking all the way around the block to get to it.
Yes, just no glass bottles or containers of any sort.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #3058
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,849

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySecondHome View Post
My absolute favorite resort!

OKW bound in 3 weeks!!!

"My Second Home"

You drive thru the gates and immediately you are at peace! Strolls down the lane to the main building, hearing the birds, warm sun!

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards
Us too and cant wait!!
__________________
jimmytammy is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 01:50 AM   #3059
Laz1985
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4

Hi everyone, first time poster here! My family (DS - 23, DM, DD) and I are staying at OKW Dec 16 - 20th. We're very excited! We've reserved a 1 BR Villa, which means I will be taking the pull out couch, and DS is taking the sleeper chair (or the other way around if she puts up a stink about it).

I wanted to know if anyone has slept on either of the pull out beds in the 1 BR Villas, and if so, how comfortable were they?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Please and thank you!
Laz1985 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #3060
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran
 
Pirate Granny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,048

ENJOY your stay, we had no issues with either the couch or chair. Did you ask for a room in Bldg 30 or above...those have another entrance to the bathroom so you don't need to go through the bedroom to get to it. Handy for the folks in the living room.
__________________
Pirate Granny is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: