DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #3031
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray52 View Post
Spent the past hour or so catching up on our first home... Nice to see it's still a preferred place to be. Thanks all for the posts and pics! Can't wait for our first 2-BR experience. Bringing my mom, brother, SIL and niece along with my DW, DS8 and DD5.
You will love it. Be sure to ask for a building 30 or above so you will have the extra door to the master bath that makes it more private for those guests using the living room. Don't forget that OKW now has both a queen pull out sofa AND a twin sized pull out chair that is very comfy (but uglier than mud).
Old 11-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #3032
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

One thing about that extra door. If its your first time at OKW( for us it was) you may find yourself circling around that bathroom! Seriously we were like going in , out , around trying to figure out which way we came in and how to get out!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #3033
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
One thing about that extra door. If its your first time at OKW( for us it was) you may find yourself circling around that bathroom! Seriously we were like going in , out , around trying to figure out which way we came in and how to get out!
Your joking, right???? It's a lot better than being able to get a beer out of the fridge without moving from your chair in the tiny BWV units. Just had to channnel him one more time. Richyams, that is.

Last edited by dianeschlicht; 11-05-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #3034
wendy welcher
Earning My Ears

New DVC owner already in love with OKW without ever staying there! Our first DVC stay is over Thanksgiving and is a split stay between SSR and OKW. We are in a studio at OKW and we don't have the "near hospitality house" reservation. Which building do you recommend we request? We don't want street noise, prefer close to bus stop, and enjoy water views. Any recommendations for our studio? Thank you!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #3035
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy welcher View Post
New DVC owner already in love with OKW without ever staying there! Our first DVC stay is over Thanksgiving and is a split stay between SSR and OKW. We are in a studio at OKW and we don't have the "near hospitality house" reservation. Which building do you recommend we request? We don't want street noise, prefer close to bus stop, and enjoy water views. Any recommendations for our studio? Thank you!
Studios are tricky since they are on the ends of most buildings. If your main request is near a bus stop, then that should be your request instead of a specific building. They will have a better chance of filling your request if they know why you made a specific request.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #3036
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

My request is always top floor...didn't like the one studio they offered...first floor right next to the road and bus stop...actually patio faced both...got moved to 37.. We prefer golf course view. If you want canal view, not sure about the views as there is a Lot of vegetation from what I can tell from the boat ride to DTD.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #3037
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
My request is always top floor...didn't like the one studio they offered...first floor right next to the road and bus stop...actually patio faced both...got moved to 37.. We prefer golf course view. If you want canal view, not sure about the views as there is a Lot of vegetation from what I can tell from the boat ride to DTD.
The studios in buildings 45 and 46 will still have good canal views even if they are on the first floor.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #3038
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
The studios in buildings 45 and 46 will still have good canal views even if they are on the first floor.
What area are buildings 45 & 46?

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Old 11-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #3039
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

We had bldg 41 and it had a great canal view! It's in the Turtle Pond area.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #3040
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht
Your joking, right???? It's a lot better than being able to get a beer out of the fridge without moving from your chair in the tiny BWV units. Just had to channnel him one more time. Richyams, that is.
Nope not joking! After a day or so we figured out which door gets you back into the living room!

Old 11-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #3041
amym2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Nope not joking! After a day or so we figured out which door gets you back into the living room!
We had this same experience! We stayed in a one-bedroom for two nights and by the end of our stay, I finally remembered which way to turn when coming out of the bathroom.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #3042
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone. Joining this thread. A friend of my DH's had DVC Points he was not going to use so rented them to us really cheap (we got a 2 Bedroom and a studio for a total of $250 a night..) My family of 4 is in the 2 Bedroom and SIL and kids are in a studio (that's what they wanted). Both rooms are booked as "near HH". We like to be by everything and is easier to give the kids a bit more freedom to go off on their own. It will be DS14 and DD will turn 12 while we are there.

We are going 1st week of June. I see we will get buildings 11-14 or 23-26. Do these all have the same type of views? Trying to see if one building would be better than the others.

Am I correct that there are 3 placed to refill mugs? Is there a place by the pool?

Our first choice was Beach Club as I love the walk to Epcot and boat to DHS. So, was a bit disappointed we didn't get that but after reading this thread I think this resort is going to be awesome too. I like the tropical feel.

Now to wait til the June Calendar comes out to figure out our days and ADR's. Will be following this thread for good tips...
Old 11-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #3043
cc1075
cc

Sad day at OKW

Yesterday OKW lost a lot of Pixie Dust. Ed Bouhadi is no longer at OKW. He will be missed more than anyone can imagine. He personally spread more pixie dust and made every day special. He will be missed!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #3044
JudithM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc1075 View Post
Yesterday OKW lost a lot of Pixie Dust. Ed Bouhadi is no longer at OKW. He will be missed more than anyone can imagine. He personally spread more pixie dust and made every day special. He will be missed!!!!!!
I agree! Any idea what happened? All I heard was he "was no longer with the company" which surprised me very much. He was an advocate for members.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #3045
cc1075
cc

Ed Bouhadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudithM View Post
I agree! Any idea what happened? All I heard was he "was no longer with the company" which surprised me very much. He was an advocate for members.
Ed was terminated by management this past Monday. Fifteen members met with management on Tuesday to express our anger and loss. I urge everyone to write to management at Disney and OKW. Perhaps if they hear from enough members they will listen to the will of the members.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: