DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #2956
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Another one who doesn't believe HH is the "best" area to stay. First of all, I hate that the rooms there don't have the second door into the bathroom. Secondly, I hate that the buses are often full in the morning before they even get to the HH stop. Thirdly....HH is not always the quietest place to be.

If I had to rank areas or buildings we like, I'd say 45 and 46 are our favorites. For GVs we like 15, and we prefer most of Miller's Road and South Point over Turtle Pond. I've had numerous villas in the Turtle Pond area, and haven't been totally happy with any of them. My least favorite building is 29....for obvious reasons.
What's the obvious reason?!?!

I love hearing where people like to stay, it's really helping me figuring out where to request on my own upcoming trips!!

I just, I mean, just YESTERDAY, got my papers in the mail... I am officially a DVC owner... in OKW!!!!

SO this is really helpful
Old 09-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #2957
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
I am going to chime in too.

As an owner and going soooooooo many times over the years, we prefer not to stay over at the HH area. We love the Turtle pond area and pool. It is quieter, calmer, and lends itself to the relaxation factor.

I find that if you are a walker, than nothing is too far. From turtle pond it is only a 5-10 minutes stroll to the main pool. cheryl
That's us in a nutshell!

My son and his pals are 15 now and the allure of the main pool is done! They prefer the quiet pool, though with 4-5 15 year old boys, maybe quiet isn't the right word at this point!

We use the OKW grills often and there is one right there by the Turtle Pond quiet pool. Grill, enjoy drinks & appetizers by the pool, it's our favorite area. We love building # 43, 42. Without the troop of teenagers we love #45 & 46. If we're fortunate to have a GV then it's #15 or # 43.

For years I never made building requests, and thankfully never landed in #29, I've alway been lucky. I hope i didin't just jinx myself.

Though HH is not for us I can see that parents traveling with little ones, wanting to use the main pool, having no car would benefit from being in HH villas!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #2958
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I've seen a couple of comments recently about building 29 but don't understand what the issue is. We were in 2922 just last week and had no problems.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #2959
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Well to clear up the 29 thing...we were in the bottom floor closest to the road, studio in 29. Our view from the patio was 4 airconditioning units, the noice from the road with each passing bus caused my husband to crank up the tv, and the romance just wasn't present in that room for our romantic weekend away. And I will say it wasn't for lack of trying!!!! It also seemed "cramped" even for a studio.

I really do prefer the 30's and 40 buildings in the turtle pond area.

che
Old 09-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #2960
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
Well to clear up the 29 thing...we were in the bottom floor closest to the road, studio in 29. Our view from the patio was 4 airconditioning units, the noice from the road with each passing bus caused my husband to crank up the tv, and the romance just wasn't present in that room for our romantic weekend away. And I will say it wasn't for lack of trying!!!! It also seemed "cramped" even for a studio.

I really do prefer the 30's and 40 buildings in the turtle pond area.

che
Now I understand. I've been in a similar room further down the road and it is annoying. Fortunately our unit was more to the center of building 29 and wasn't bothered at all by road noise.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #2961
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Now I understand. I've been in a similar room further down the road and it is annoying. Fortunately our unit was more to the center of building 29 and wasn't bothered at all by road noise.
Friends of ours have been in 29 and 28 and loved their rooms. But for me that memory of the constant whoosh and braking is enough to turn me off.

che
Old 10-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #2962
OKWAnneMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
We are owners as well and love the Turtle Pond area, too. We usually don't have a car but find that the boat to DTD is the best! We love it, especially after dark.

We've never taken the boat to DTD! Is there only one dock (stop) at DTD? We are going to Wolfgang Puck Dining Room (Upstairs) the day we check in. Is the dock near there? Thanks!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #2963
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKWAnneMarie View Post
We've never taken the boat to DTD! Is there only one dock (stop) at DTD? We are going to Wolfgang Puck Dining Room (Upstairs) the day we check in. Is the dock near there? Thanks!
The OKW boat stops at the Pleasure Island boat dock - kind of near the balloon launch.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #2964
OKWAnneMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The OKW boat stops at the Pleasure Island boat dock - kind of near the balloon launch.
Thank you.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #2965
slimplaw
DIS Veteran

Grand Villa question

We are looking at changing to a grand villa for one of our trips. One of our party members will be using a scooter for the parks because of knee problems. I realize that these units have 2 floors. My question is, do you enter the grand villa from the first floor of the building or do you have to go to the 2nd floor level of the building with the villa actually being on floor 2 and 3 of the building?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #2966
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimplaw View Post
We are looking at changing to a grand villa for one of our trips. One of our party members will be using a scooter for the parks because of knee problems. I realize that these units have 2 floors. My question is, do you enter the grand villa from the first floor of the building or do you have to go to the 2nd floor level of the building with the villa actually being on floor 2 and 3 of the building?
The majority of grand villas are on the second and third floors. The master bedroom is on the first level of the grand villa, so your party member with the scooter will need to use that room or the living room sleepers if they can't go up the stairs. There are grand villas in the elevator buildings.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #2967
slimplaw
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the answer. It was exactly what I needed to know.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #2968
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

I thought there was one GV that was 1 and 2 floor...over by turtle pond. Call member services. There are at least four at BWV that are GV, but one floor...and it would have an elevator.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #2969
smiller
DIS Veteran

Hi!

Does anyone know what the typical operating hours are for Good's? (We'll be there in just a few days.)

Specifically just how early we can get coffee in our refillable mugs!

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #2970
Bronte
DIS Veteran

I was able to get a 1 bedroom at okw for 11/22 and 11/23 (one with points the other with a dvc cash discount) then we move to blt for our last night.

We will have one person in a wheel chair. She will take the king bed and the rest of us (2 dd's, dh and myself) will sleep in the living room, we plan to bring a twin airmatress.
Here are a few questions ...
We would like to be close to the busstop but also have one of the rooms which has acess to the bathroom through the laundry (the person in the wheel chair needs the bed but not the use of the bathroom.). The pool is of no use to us. Do all the buildings have elevators ... If so we will not have to request the ground floor.
Thanks !!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: