DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #2881
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

Deb, I agree....with my DDs and DGD Bldg 13 was PERFECT. But I loved our turtle pond studio when we were there with just the two of us. I prefer a golf course view...a view of the green, top floor. And I walked to HH from Bldg 34...
Old 08-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #2882
MommyBell08
DIS Veteran

Subbing

ASMo'04*O.S.'06*POP'07*POP'09*CSR'09*AKV'11(KV)*AK V'12*OKW'12*AKV'14,SSR'14 OHANA

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #2883
Dacia
Earning My Ears

Much thanks to Doc and dianeschlicht for the post re: building configurations.

We will be returning to WDW 9/26-10/4...which can't here soon enough!!!
Were in Bldg 34 last year and loved our time in OKW.

My question is about the Type D buildings.

Type D buildings are all 3 stories.
1st Floor- 2,1,S,S,1,1,S,S,1,2
2nd Floor- 2,1,S,S,1 1 S,S,1,2
3rd Floor- 1,S,S,1 1 S,S,1
Buildings 14,18,35 and 38 are all Type D.

We've requestd a 2 on a top floor.

Looking at what Doc noted and Diane passed on...even though the D buildings have 3 floors, I take it that the 2s on the second floor ends have no one above them. Is that correct?

Any info much appreciated.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #2884
JrsyDebs
Mouseketeer

Q About Room Request

I got the bug to go to WDW again! Only been twice; stayed once onsite (POR when it was Dixie Landings) and several years ago offsite at a vacation-home community. Anyway...Now I am dying to go again! Stayed up almost all night last night updating myself on WDW info and reading posts for hours.
What would like to do is go with my mom (in her 80s) and my adult DD (almost 21, gasp!). To stay at OKW next year on rental points would be my vacation of choice.
I ramble...My point/question is I would like to get a 2 BR at OKW and would really prefer a lock-off vs a dedicated 2 BR, so Mom could have the separate kitchenette and a bit more privacy when she wants it. Is it possible to request that when making reservations, or does one have to settle for the luck-of-the-draw, so to speak?

May 1996: Dixie Landings
November 2005: off-site (Windsor Palms)
Old 08-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #2885
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrsyDebs View Post
I got the bug to go to WDW again! Only been twice; stayed once onsite (POR when it was Dixie Landings) and several years ago offsite at a vacation-home community. Anyway...Now I am dying to go again! Stayed up almost all night last night updating myself on WDW info and reading posts for hours.
What would like to do is go with my mom (in her 80s) and my adult DD (almost 21, gasp!). To stay at OKW next year on rental points would be my vacation of choice.
I ramble...My point/question is I would like to get a 2 BR at OKW and would really prefer a lock-off vs a dedicated 2 BR, so Mom could have the separate kitchenette and a bit more privacy when she wants it. Is it possible to request that when making reservations, or does one have to settle for the luck-of-the-draw, so to speak?
When you book a two bedroom at OKW, they automatically give you a dedicated unless you request a lock off. So the member you rent from will need to make sure to request a lockoff.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #2886
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

You may also want to request a first floor if mom would have problems with the stairs. HH would be nice too, if you can. We were in 13 and loved it, even though we had requested Peninsula road HH.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #2887
JrsyDebs
Mouseketeer

Points from Dave, Location, Location

Thanks, Deb and Granny!
Feel like Such a newbie (well, I Am new to DVC!) to ask questions that have probably been asked before. If I get the DVC points through Dave's company (Is that called "renting" or "buying" points if it's from that company?) do they do the reservation-making, or do I make reservations on my own with the points after getting them?
Also, I was actually thinking of requesting a first-floor unit. Would like a more quiet area but still pretty near a pool. Was thinking of requesting the Miller Road area, perhaps Bldg. 17 or 18? Instead of 19 or 20 because we do not need to be right on top of the pool. Are 17 and 18 good choices, not too far from pool? How about 21, 22? I am not concerned about not being near the food areas and store; we will be driving from Jersey so we will have a car to drive 'round if need be.
Any feedback verry appreciated!

Old 08-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #2888
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

We were in a grand villa in bldg 22...we loved it great view, but a walk to the pool and bus...might be a bit much for mom to walk...20 was close to bus and pool.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #2889
JrsyDebs
Mouseketeer

Senior Citizen

Let us remember not to generalize about any group of persons. I did say my Mom is in her eighties but I never said she is infirm or has any mobility issues. She happens to be in perfect health and can probably handle as much walking as I could! Just sayin', and of course in good fun...
(I happen to be a senior citizen as well...)
Is it that far of a walk to go past two buildings to go to a pool?

Old 08-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #2890
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrsyDebs View Post
Thanks, Deb and Granny!
Feel like Such a newbie (well, I Am new to DVC!) to ask questions that have probably been asked before. If I get the DVC points through Dave's company (Is that called "renting" or "buying" points if it's from that company?) do they do the reservation-making, or do I make reservations on my own with the points after getting them?
Also, I was actually thinking of requesting a first-floor unit. Would like a more quiet area but still pretty near a pool. Was thinking of requesting the Miller Road area, perhaps Bldg. 17 or 18? Instead of 19 or 20 because we do not need to be right on top of the pool. Are 17 and 18 good choices, not too far from pool? How about 21, 22? I am not concerned about not being near the food areas and store; we will be driving from Jersey so we will have a car to drive 'round if need be.
Any feedback verry appreciated!
They call it "renting points", but it is really purchasing a reservation the member made with their timeshare points. They make the reservation and make any requests about location. You won't be able to talk to Member Services for any reason. You have no control over the reservation until the moment you check into the resort. And the points are worthless to you unless you are a member and the points belong to you.

Our last stay was at Millers Road and I though it was a pretty good location. So I think you will be fine with those requests.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #2891
BLTLDZ
Loving our DVC :)

Staying at OKW for the first time this october...last minute decision to go for Food & wine festival! Luckily, after waitlisting, we got OKW studio at the last minute...as being, in last week!!!! Very happy!! We are happy to stay at OKW as well. It is the only DVC other than Kidani that we have yet to try.

I plan to take wherever they put us, no requests.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #2892
dianeschlicht
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacia View Post
Much thanks to Doc and dianeschlicht for the post re: building configurations.

We will be returning to WDW 9/26-10/4...which can't here soon enough!!!
Were in Bldg 34 last year and loved our time in OKW.

My question is about the Type D buildings.

Type D buildings are all 3 stories.
1st Floor- 2,1,S,S,1,1,S,S,1,2
2nd Floor- 2,1,S,S,1 1 S,S,1,2
3rd Floor- 1,S,S,1 1 S,S,1
Buildings 14,18,35 and 38 are all Type D.

We've requestd a 2 on a top floor.

Looking at what Doc noted and Diane passed on...even though the D buildings have 3 floors, I take it that the 2s on the second floor ends have no one above them. Is that correct?

Any info much appreciated.

As long as you have a dedicated 2 bedroom, I think you are correct. You COULD however, end up with a lock off two bedroom if all the dedicateds are taken. I think the room assigner will know that if you ask for "top floor" you don't want anyone above you.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #2893
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

Jesydeb,
My mil is 93, still drives and bowls 3 x a week. And after a long day at the park, I think she would find #22 a bit of a far walk...I love, love, love the hot tub, no mobility issues, but NEVER walked back down to the pool...just too far to go from the bus, to the villa, and by the way the sidewalk ends at #20, so your walking in the street, and up the stairs into the villa, change, down the stairs, walk back to the pool, swim, soak and walk back again, and up the stairs again. Now, I didn't have issues with #37 to turtle pond pool which is farther, and still on the second floor...so go figure. But i think the difference, was no grandkids and we weren't park comandos that trip. No judgements, just making sure you are aware in case you need that info. I think HH #12,13,14 would be perfect as it was convent for everything, bus, pool, food and boat to DTD.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #2894
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

building 30 review

So we stayed this past week at OKW in a 1 bedroom in building 30. We have yet to stay in this building, so we were looking forward to trying something new, although a bit disappointed we didn't get a little closer to turtle pond pool.

So the Pro's: 2nd floor at the end. 1. There was a studio that was a lock off right next door to the right as you entered. Since there was no one above us, the room was very quiet. And if we wanted a lockoff, now I know where another one is. We also didn't hear much in the way of street noise even though we were on the corner of a corner building. 2. The view on the patio was of the 5th tee. There was a great view from the livingroom window. From the patio, there was a palm tree that made a better door than a window if you know what I mean. Maybe it was strategically placed there so a golf ball wouldn't bean someone on the head if you were sitting out enjoying a cocktail!! 3. It was a convienent walk to both the main pool and turtle pond. We felt that it was pretty much the same walking time. The bus stop was easy to get to and is actually a closer walk than the map suggests.

the Con's: 1. The view....other than the tee, it was a rather boring spot. There was no water so we never got to see any ducks, birds, otters, or other animal life that we have seen in the past. My kids really look forward to seeing the birds/ducks.

I definitely have my preferred building preferences, but if there was a choice between 30 and say 29, I would take 30 anyday.

Just some thoughts.

Cheryl
Old 08-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #2895
Dacia
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
As long as you have a dedicated 2 bedroom, I think you are correct. You COULD however, end up with a lock off two bedroom if all the dedicateds are taken. I think the room assigner will know that if you ask for "top floor" you don't want anyone above you.
Thx, Diane.

Last year we requested a top floor and upon check in was told ours was one...but when we got to the room it was on the middle floor. It was ok for most of the vacation, as no one was above us until the last couple of days...and they were fairly quiet.

It's my DB who is the top floor fanatic. He travels alot for his job and lost patience with having neighbors above.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: