DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #2866
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw

Thank you so much for this info! It's really helpful. Since we'll have our car on this trip, I'm wondering if it would be better for us just to drive to the parks ourselves. Although, I'm sure DH won't be too fond of that idea.
Driving to the parks seems easier to me. Parking is included with your resort stay. The only one I don't care for is MK where you go to the TTC then take monorail or ferry to MK - however that can be fun too
SAT887 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #2867
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun
 
BearcatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 8,097

Is there a FAQ for OKW? One that lists out all the amenities in one place with a resort description, address, etc.? I looked on the Resort board where so many others have FAQ posts, but there wasn't one, and when I did a search here, this post was as close as I came.

I am looking into OKW for a future stay. TIA
__________________

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #2868
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan
Is there a FAQ for OKW? One that lists out all the amenities in one place with a resort description, address, etc.? I looked on the Resort board where so many others have FAQ posts, but there wasn't one, and when I did a search here, this post was as close as I came.

I am looking into OKW for a future stay. TIA
Not that I've seen... Maybe time to start one!
SAT887 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #2869
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Is there a FAQ for OKW? One that lists out all the amenities in one place with a resort description, address, etc.? I looked on the Resort board where so many others have FAQ posts, but there wasn't one, and when I did a search here, this post was as close as I came.

I am looking into OKW for a future stay. TIA
This is basically that thread. start reading.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #2870
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun
 
BearcatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 8,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Not that I've seen... Maybe time to start one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
This is basically that thread. start reading.
Thanks to you both for replying.
__________________

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #2871
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Driving to the parks seems easier to me. Parking is included with your resort stay. The only one I don't care for is MK where you go to the TTC then take monorail or ferry to MK - however that can be fun too
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of driving to MK. But, I may have to talk to DH about possibly driving to the other parks to make it easier for us.
amandaw is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #2872
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran
 
Leleluvsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rustburg, VA
Posts: 2,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of driving to MK. But, I may have to talk to DH about possibly driving to the other parks to make it easier for us.
We always drive to Disney but never to the parks. It is so much easier to take the buses then have to worry about where you are going, remembering where you parked and trying to get back to your car at the end of the night. It may seem like the buses take longer but they don't. We experimented on our last trip. Mom and I took the bus and dh and dad took the car. We actually beat them back from DHS and Epcot. They didn't take the tram at DHS either because there was such a long line. The best part about the buses is being able to enjoy the scenery that disney has and not having to worry about missing a turn hahaha
Leleluvsdis is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #2873
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
We always drive to Disney but never to the parks. It is so much easier to take the buses then have to worry about where you are going, remembering where you parked and trying to get back to your car at the end of the night. It may seem like the buses take longer but they don't. We experimented on our last trip. Mom and I took the bus and dh and dad took the car. We actually beat them back from DHS and Epcot. They didn't take the tram at DHS either because there was such a long line. The best part about the buses is being able to enjoy the scenery that disney has and not having to worry about missing a turn hahaha
This will be our 1st time driving to Disney and our 1st stay at OKW. I don't know why I'm so worried about the bus situation at OKW. It's never been an issue at any of the other resorts we've stayed at. You know what I think has me worried? The multiple bus stops within a resort. Every resort we've stayed at in the past had just 1 bus stop.

Even with the multiple stops at OKW, is it still better to take the bus?
amandaw is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #2874
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran
 
Leleluvsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rustburg, VA
Posts: 2,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw

This will be our 1st time driving to Disney and our 1st stay at OKW. I don't know why I'm so worried about the bus situation at OKW. It's never been an issue at any of the other resorts we've stayed at. You know what I think has me worried? The multiple bus stops within a resort. Every resort we've stayed at in the past had just 1 bus stop.

Even with the multiple stops at OKW, is it still better to take the bus?
We found yes. We were the second bus stop after hospitality house, and some mornings we walked to hospitality house instead of taking the bus around. The resort is simply gorgeous!! I'm sure there will be times when driving will be a few minutes faster but not enough to deal with the hassle of a car IMHO but some prefer to drive. It really just depends on personal preference. You could always do a little of both
Leleluvsdis is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #2875
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw

This will be our 1st time driving to Disney and our 1st stay at OKW. I don't know why I'm so worried about the bus situation at OKW. It's never been an issue at any of the other resorts we've stayed at. You know what I think has me worried? The multiple bus stops within a resort. Every resort we've stayed at in the past had just 1 bus stop.

Even with the multiple stops at OKW, is it still better to take the bus?
What makes me like driving to the parks is not having to deal with a stroller on the bus, diaper bag, mini cooler that I stored milk, snacks, fruit for my kids in (this trip they will be 3 & 1) I actually liked walking to the car and rarely took a tram... I think we had to at AK though - but we visit at slower times and never had to wait in a line. I think it's all personal preference. Why not try both and see what works for you? Also, I don't recall if you said so or not, but the hospitality house area you could easily utilize 2 bus stops (peninsular rd and the HH) which are first and last stops...(If I remember right)
SAT887 is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #2876
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
We found yes. We were the second bus stop after hospitality house, and some mornings we walked to hospitality house instead of taking the bus around. The resort is simply gorgeous!! I'm sure there will be times when driving will be a few minutes faster but not enough to deal with the hassle of a car IMHO but some prefer to drive. It really just depends on personal preference. You could always do a little of both
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
What makes me like driving to the parks is not having to deal with a stroller on the bus, diaper bag, mini cooler that I stored milk, snacks, fruit for my kids in (this trip they will be 3 & 1) I actually liked walking to the car and rarely took a tram... I think we had to at AK though - but we visit at slower times and never had to wait in a line. I think it's all personal preference. Why not try both and see what works for you? Also, I don't recall if you said so or not, but the hospitality house area you could easily utilize 2 bus stops (peninsular rd and the HH) which are first and last stops...(If I remember right)
Thank y'all both so much for the information! I really do prefer taking the buses. Although, the stroller on the bus is not too much fun. I am feeling much better about this bus situation at OKW. I think we may start off using the buses & if they don't work for us, then we may have to see how it is driving to the parks. Thanks again!
amandaw is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #2877
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!
 
dvc at last !'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York State
Posts: 2,081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
We put our coolers, rubbermaid containers (that we use for traveling with food and stuff - kind of like the Owners Locker) in the cabinet. We use the counter for all our snack stuff. Especially all the extra soda or water stuff.
We use it as the office. We keep the flight tickets, ME tickets,
the info we researched for park hours, passes,
TIW card, movie times, welcome packet perks info, room keys, camera,
sunglasses, hats. It is a great place to stay organized instead of everyone looking for these things each day.
__________________
'95-ASM~'97-CR~'02-GF~'06-SSR~'06-OKW~
'07-OKW~'07-BWV~'08-OKW~'09-HHI~'09-BLT~
'10-BCV~'11-BCV~'11-VWL



dvc at last ! is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #2878
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran
 
Candy Orlando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 550

We stay at OKW three times a year for a week. We love it because it feels like home. We rent a car and love to drive everywhere to make it feel like home.

We put all our food that doesn't have to be in the refrigerator on the counter that looks like a hutch. Then we can see what we have and if we need more food for the week.
__________________
Candy Orlando is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #2879
keaster
DIS Veteran
 
keaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario, Can.
Posts: 886

Hello, we are fairly new DVC members (1 year) and just booked our first OKW stay! We'll be staying in a studio for a couple nights before our DCL cruise in March

I booked it online with the "near Hospitality House" booking category as I heard that is the popular option...so can you OKW experts tell me if that's the correct way to go?
__________________


DCL Gold, Baby!
Caribbean Magic - February 2009
Bahamas Wonder - September 2009
Mediterranean Magic - May 2010
Mexico Wonder - March 2011
Bahamas Dream - July 2011
Caribbean Fantasy - March 2013


Our DVC Adventures!AKL Jambo - March 2012/AKL Kidani - August 2012/BLT - March 2013/SSR Treehouse - August 2013/AKL Kidani - March 2014/VGF - June 2014
keaster is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #2880
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaster View Post
Hello, we are fairly new DVC members (1 year) and just booked our first OKW stay! We'll be staying in a studio for a couple nights before our DCL cruise in March

I booked it online with the "near Hospitality House" booking category as I heard that is the popular option...so can you OKW experts tell me if that's the correct way to go?
I think it is more popular with non-OKW owners. Most of us like to stay away from the HH and we have our own ways to get there when we need to. Others who don't own there think it is just sooooo far to walk from anywhere in the resort.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: