DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #2821
KECWDW
Earning My Ears

Smile

Wow, thank you for the pics!! It looks great. Even more excited than I already was...
Old 07-25-2012, 06:55 AM   #2822
TinkerbelleMom
Mom to 3 Princesses

December will be our first DVC experience, albeit with rented points. I'm trying to convince DH to buy because we visit often (we're locals) and as a family of 5, our options are limited, and 2 mod rooms is more than I want to pay most visits. He refuses to stay value after one stay years ago at BC he became a deluxe snob, lol. Anyway, we've booked a weekend at OKW, and I've been loving this thread and all the pics. My only concern is a silly one...how many towels are there for each bath? I've got 3 DD with very long hair, so each kid ends up using more than one. I usually end up snagging a few extras from the pool, but we most likely won't be swimming this trip. I don't mind reusing, or even washing if it comes to it (we have a 2br) but I don't want to be short from the start.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2012, 07:01 AM   #2823
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

Two bedroom will get nine towels. Maybe a few extra if they leave some by the spa tub.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #2824
lovedisney50
Mouseketeer

We have booked our 1st trip to okw the 1st week in Dec. There are 7 of us in a 2 bedroom near HH. It is our 1st trip home.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #2825
dmoore22
Old Rock n' Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbelleMom View Post
December will be our first DVC experience, albeit with rented points. I'm trying to convince DH to buy because we visit often (we're locals) and as a family of 5, our options are limited, and 2 mod rooms is more than I want to pay most visits. He refuses to stay value after one stay years ago at BC he became a deluxe snob, lol. Anyway, we've booked a weekend at OKW, and I've been loving this thread and all the pics. My only concern is a silly one...how many towels are there for each bath? I've got 3 DD with very long hair, so each kid ends up using more than one. I usually end up snagging a few extras from the pool, but we most likely won't be swimming this trip. I don't mind reusing, or even washing if it comes to it (we have a 2br) but I don't want to be short from the start.
When all our kids were still home, we're a family of 8, we'd ask housekeeping for a few extra towels after our arrival. They've always been accommodating for us.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #2826
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore22 View Post
When all our kids were still home, we're a family of 8, we'd ask housekeeping for a few extra towels after our arrival. They've always been accommodating for us.
Please don't just ask housekeeping for more towels. As DVC members we are obligated to pay for any extras. Otherwise, the cost just gets passed down to all the members. And the more members or guests of members or renters who just ask for stuff, raises our annual member fees. Nothing is free in DVC. And please don't take the pool towels for use in your villas either. Wrap up in a towel if you are wet and head back to your villa, but please don't take a stack to use in the villa. They cost more to launder than villa towels because of the sun screen and other stuff at the pools.

Order an extra towel pack for $6 - four extra bath towels, two extra hand towels and four extra face cloths. Or order extra trash and towel service. Or bring your own from home.

DVC villas usually have as many bath towels as sleeping spaces. Sleeps four = four bath towels. Sleeps eight = eight bath towels.

We all need to work together to keep our costs down.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #2827
TinkerbelleMom
Mom to 3 Princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
Two bedroom will get nine towels. Maybe a few extra if they leave some by the spa tub.
Thanks, that will be more than enough, especially if they're leaving an extra by the spa. I was just envisioning 2 in each bath like a typical hotel, and we always have to ask for more. And the option of adding an extra towel pack to our tab isn't a bad idea either. I promise not to do anything that could increase member expenses, we will be there to enjoy ourselves responsibly and get a taste for DVC before committing ourselves as members.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #2828
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Does anyone here fax room request for DVC reservations? I will be traveling with my Mom who can not walk long distances and I am hoping to get a grand villa near a bus stop. I could not get the HH booking category at 11 months.... I just want to try and make it as easy as possible for her and I know GV are not easily changed around once you arrive. Any input would be appreciated!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #2829
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Does anyone here fax room request for DVC reservations? I will be traveling with my Mom who can not walk long distances and I am hoping to get a grand villa near a bus stop. I could not get the HH booking category at 11 months.... I just want to try and make it as easy as possible for her and I know GV are not easily changed around once you arrive. Any input would be appreciated!
The DVC resorts (or any WDW resort for that matter) no longer accept faxed room requests. Call Member Services and have your request noted on your reservation.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #2830
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
The DVC resorts (or any WDW resort for that matter) no longer accept faxed room requests. Call Member Services and have your request noted on your reservation.
Thanks. I usually don't make requests. The last one I made MS suggested I call the resort direct (For a wooden crib) it was a fiasco. So figured I'd ask and read around before I go through that again! Thanks for your help!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #2831
Mummycat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittig View Post
All the rooms at Old Key West have been refurbished Here are some pictures of the refurbished studios to get you excited:

The kitchenette:

The balcony:

The bathroom:

Enjoy
Thanks for the brilliant photos, we're booked for 2 weeks in sep-oct 2013 with our 2 kids who will be 7&9. I love the look of your location and was hoping for a room with a river view, top floor too. Could you let me know where your location was/which building as it looks perfect for us. Thanks very much, Catherine
Old 07-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #2832
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummycat View Post
Thanks for the brilliant photos, we're booked for 2 weeks in sep-oct 2013 with our 2 kids who will be 7&9. I love the look of your location and was hoping for a room with a river view, top floor too. Could you let me know where your location was/which building as it looks perfect for us. Thanks very much, Catherine
This was in building 45

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/6/14 Old Key West
Old 07-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #2833
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

SAT887
Bldg 19 is right next to the miller road bus stop, but balcony faces the quiet pool, not golf course view. Also that is the last stop before HH, so if you just want to go there it will be convenient.

Hopefully Mom can manage stairs as all except two GVs are on the second and third floors...and only the master is on the first (second floor) of the GV and the other two bedrooms are on the top (third floor), no elevators. I can't remember which GVs are on the first/second floor., they are designated handicapped. MS could help you there.

Enjoy, we loved our GV (bldg 22, as 19 was down for maintenance, which was our "request"). That walk from 22 would be a killer for mom, but we loved the walk and balcony view...it was just perfect. Can't wait to do again in 2014. And we will throw our hat in the ring for one of two of the HH GVs.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #2834
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
SAT887
Bldg 19 is right next to the miller road bus stop, but balcony faces the quiet pool, not golf course view. Also that is the last stop before HH, so if you just want to go there it will be convenient.

Hopefully Mom can manage stairs as all except two GVs are on the second and third floors...and only the master is on the first (second floor) of the GV and the other two bedrooms are on the top (third floor), no elevators. I can't remember which GVs are on the first/second floor., they are designated handicapped. MS could help you there.

Enjoy, we loved our GV (bldg 22, as 19 was down for maintenance, which was our "request"). That walk from 22 would be a killer for mom, but we loved the walk and balcony view...it was just perfect. Can't wait to do again in 2014. And we will throw our hat in the ring for one of two of the HH GVs.
Thanks for the info! She has a hard time with stairs so she will have the master, but we already talked about how it will be up a flight from the outside. We stayed in building 49 September 2011 in a GV and it had a beautiful view! I am hoping she is able to use the car with us mostly. We have two little kids and for me a rental is a must. However, she is a night owl and our girls are early risers (so is DH & I) I figure she will most likely meet us in the afternoon so a nearby bus stop would be great. Again thank you!! Thinking I need to call MS in the next week and ask for a request

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by SAT887; 07-27-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #2835
Jennifer16
Earning My Ears

Building Requests and Refurbishments

Just want to make sure I am understanding how things work with renting DVC points (I have rented before, but it was many years ago and things seem to have changed since then). I know I want to be at OKW - love the resort When the room confirmation comes through are you able to secure a specific building? I am thinking this is not possible ... if that is the case then are you able to request a specific building (we will be renting a Grand Villa)? How likely is it that your request will be granted? Also have the GVs been updated? I have seen photos of the studios and 1/2 BR but not anything about the GVs.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: