DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #2791
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran

Hello all was wondering which buildings are your favorites and why? Have only stayed once here in a studio but loved it so much.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #2792
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Grand Villa Buildings - Favorite #15 for View and proximity to the main pool, Olivia's Etc. # 43-42? Can't remember which one has the GV's for the quiet pool and grill!

2Br - Buildings 45 & 46 if it's just us, nice water views! Building 42/43 - Near the (not so ) quiet pool and grill, if we have all the boys with us! I like to grill and have cocktails by the pool while they horse around!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #2793
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

We have only stayed once but were lucky enough to get building 45 (a request after doing my research and asking here). We loved it. Sooo quiet and a wonderful view of the canal. It is also close enough to a quiet pool that we didn't feel like it was a major trek.

I am not sure I would do that area again if we didn't have our own car (we are not fans of disney buses) - but for us it was perfect.

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries
Old 07-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #2794
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaming92701 View Post
Hello all was wondering which buildings are your favorites and why? Have only stayed once here in a studio but loved it so much.
You are going to get a large response from everyone because we all have our favorites...

We love the 41/42/43 group because we love Turtle Pond pool and the area is nice and quiet. We also don't mind the 5 or so minute walk to the main pool area. We have really enjoyed 37/36/33/32 for the view of the golf course....and also not a bad little walk to turtle pond or the HH. Also enjoyed 45 for the nice view of the river and the people going by.

Really, really, really disliked #29. We were in a bottom floor studio and our view was of the air conditioners and the noise from the street was the worst!! And of course that was the time it was just to 2 of us on a short romantic weekend!!!

We have stayed in pretty much all of the buildings, but those were our favorites.

Have fun

Cheryl
Old 07-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #2795
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

63!!! That was my first OKW stay and it was a GV looking out over a water hazard with a fountain on the Golf Course. Fantastic location, beautiful view, amazing villa.......

*****SIGH*******

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
Old 07-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #2796
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
You are going to get a large response from everyone because we all have our favorites...

We love the 41/42/43 group because we love Turtle Pond pool and the area is nice and quiet. We also don't mind the 5 or so minute walk to the main pool area. We have really enjoyed 37/36/33/32 for the view of the golf course....and also not a bad little walk to turtle pond or the HH. Also enjoyed 45 for the nice view of the river and the people going by.

Really, really, really disliked #29. We were in a bottom floor studio and our view was of the air conditioners and the noise from the street was the worst!! And of course that was the time it was just to 2 of us on a short romantic weekend!!!

We have stayed in pretty much all of the buildings, but those were our favorites.

Have fun

Cheryl
cheryl, short romantic weekend and you noticed what was outside the windows?

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 07-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #2797
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
You can't request "Hospitality House" since that is a booking category that is reserved for point stays only. HOWEVER....My 66 year old DH has two very bad knees and a bad hip. He says the stairs at OKW don't bother him much because the steps are the lower rise 8 inch high variety. We'll see what he thinks this December, since he is likely having knee replacement before our December trip. If you are worried about it, I would request ground floor so you wont have stairs.

There is no need to carry your own luggage if you don't want to do so. Bell services can take care of that for you. The boat to DTD is a wonderful way to get there. We sometimes just take it for the boat ride even though we aren't planning to do anything in DT!
Diane, I had my second knee replacement at the end of October last year and by the first of December I was walking with a cane and sometimes no cane. I was back to work by about Dec 10.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #2798
chepic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
cheryl, short romantic weekend and you noticed what was outside the windows?
lol....you got me on that one!!!!!!! It was really hard with the loud rumbling noice but somehow we got through it!!!!

che
Old 07-18-2012, 04:56 AM   #2799
chepic

oh and btw.....16 days until OKW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #2800
TinselAngel
Earning My Ears

Question Hairdryers in OKW rooms

Hi all
This is my first post on this thread - hope someone can advise. Do the rooms have proper hairdryers or are they the wall mounted ones that don't really have any power ? Have only stayed in POFQ before and they had the wall mounted ones. I might bring my own travel dryer if OKW is the same, but trying to avoid the extra weight in the baggage.
Thanks
OKW Aug 12
Counting down to July 2014
Old 07-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #2801
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

When we were there in 2011, they had the wall mounted ones. I always bring my own because of them.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #2802
chicharitta
Earning My Ears

Boat Rentals?

DH and I will be staying at OKW Jan 2013. On allears i saw pics of pedal boats and some other thing they looked sort of like a jet ski that you sit IN rather than ON. What are they and what do they cost to rent. Im thinking they would be a fun afternoon event weather permitting of course
Old 07-21-2012, 04:03 AM   #2803
TinselAngel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
When we were there in 2011, they had the wall mounted ones. I always bring my own because of them.
Thank you - looks like I'll have to go crawling under teenage DSs bed to find the travel dryer then - fabulous !

OKW Aug 12
Counting down to July 2014
Old 07-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #2804
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Diane, I had my second knee replacement at the end of October last year and by the first of December I was walking with a cane and sometimes no cane. I was back to work by about Dec 10.
He just got back from the doctor, and they want to replace his hip first. That makes sense I guess, so I'm hoping we have enough time to do both hip and one knee before our November trip.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #2805
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicharitta View Post
DH and I will be staying at OKW Jan 2013. On allears i saw pics of pedal boats and some other thing they looked sort of like a jet ski that you sit IN rather than ON. What are they and what do they cost to rent. Im thinking they would be a fun afternoon event weather permitting of course
sounds like the sea raycers. here is a link for info on sea raycer rentals

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: