DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #2776
gray52
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyse43230

Okay, DTD bus makes sense but... Resort bus? What is that? Like one for OKW?

Sorry, I'm just still unsure how to maneuver around this place. I've only stayed at Poly and POFQ. My parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary and can't walk too much so I want them to be able to go to HH and back to our room but not have to walk.

Thanks for the help!
There's an internal bus that runs throughout OKW so you can always use it to get around the resort. However... Knowing park buses stop at the HH last, you can hop on any park bus and end up there. Going back to your villa, you can take an internal bus or a DTD bus. Personally, I feel most buildings are within an easy walk, anyway.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #2777
bmeninga
Earning My Ears

The boat ride is a treat in itself!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #2778
Happy99
DIS Veteran

staying at OKW for the first time as a regular reservation (not points) we have a two bedroom

My question is that my DH sometimes can at times have some knee pain and I am worried about the stairs and luggage with stairs. I have requested ground floor. Should I change my request to ground floor or building 62, 63 or 64? I think those are the ones with elevators correct?

Would putting two requests be too much?

The other question I had is where is the boat access to downtown Disney? We will have a car but our first night we have dinner at House of Blues and was thinking maybe it would be easier taking the boat

TIA
Old 07-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #2779
jcanary
DIS Veteran

Unless you have a reservation that is by the hospitality house, bldg 62 -64 will not be possible as that is allocated as Hospitality buildings.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #2780
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanary View Post
Unless you have a reservation that is by the hospitality house, bldg 62 -64 will not be possible as that is allocated as Hospitality buildings.
Is that new? They weren't HH category when I was there 18 months ago?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865060

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
Old 07-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #2781
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanary View Post
No, Bldg 62, 63 and 64 are not HH area. They are often reserved for medical needs though because of the elevators.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #2782
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99 View Post
staying at OKW for the first time as a regular reservation (not points) we have a two bedroom

My question is that my DH sometimes can at times have some knee pain and I am worried about the stairs and luggage with stairs. I have requested ground floor. Should I change my request to ground floor or building 62, 63 or 64? I think those are the ones with elevators correct?

The other question I had is where is the boat access to downtown Disney? We will have a car but our first night we have dinner at House of Blues and was thinking maybe it would be easier taking the boat

TIA
I would request 1st floor, and when you get there, you may be able to see if 62-64 are open. Requests for those would be a real shot in the dark
Old 07-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #2783
okw2012
Mouseketeer

I booked on the web and simply requested an accessible villa. I checked with MS and was told that the villa would either be on 1st floor or have an elevator
Old 07-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #2784
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

You will have a handicapped bathroom with an accessible request.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #2785
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Room request questions

Would love some advice on a room request!

We are booked in a 1b. There are 5 of us so I really need/want it to be in a building that has the dual bathroom entry, which I understand would be buildings 30 and up. This is a resort only stay for us, no parks and no car so being close to HH is something we'd really really like, especially as it's our first visit and it's a short one. We'll be visiting DTD and other resorts so that close access would be really nice to have!

Buildings 62,63,64 seem perfect. My current request is for those buildings, which means it shows as a Millers Road request with a sub note for those buildings. Or at least member services say the note is in there for the specific buildings but obviously I can't see that part, all that shows is Millers Road. I've since learned that those are the only buildings with elevators, making them a prime HA request location and the rest of Millers Road are lower numbered buildings so single door access to the bathroom (via the master).

So...my question is this.

Do I even have a chance at those buildings or is the risk we get an older building too high and I should change the request to Turtle Pond or South Point?

I am not planning to do online check in, we will arrive around noon on a Friday, and the resort isn't sold out.

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #2786
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I'd say that since your prime interest is having that second door you would be better off changing your request to just "Building 30 and higher". While some prefer one section over another (we like turtle pond), overall there really isn't that much of a difference.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #2787
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I'd say that since your prime interest is having that second door you would be better off changing your request to just "Building 30 and higher". While some prefer one section over another (we like turtle pond), overall there really isn't that much of a difference.
Member services didn't seem to think that was an option on the requests, saying all the requests are by location, or HA which matches the online check in options.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #2788
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Would love some advice on a room request!

Buildings 62,63,64 seem perfect. So...my question is this.

Do I even have a chance at those buildings or is the risk we get an older building too high and I should change the request to Turtle Pond or South Point?

I am not planning to do online check in, we will arrive around noon on a Friday, and the resort isn't sold out.

Thanks!
No, not much of a chance unless you require an elevator (then you need to make that request known now) Though at times it's a pain to schlep those bags of groceries up to the 2nd or 3rd floor, it's not medically necessary so we climb!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 07-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #2789
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Member services didn't seem to think that was an option on the requests, saying all the requests are by location, or HA which matches the online check in options.
Call back and talk to a different agent. You most certainly can request building 30 or higher. All they have to do is put it in the notes.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #2790
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99 View Post

TIA
You can't request "Hospitality House" since that is a booking category that is reserved for point stays only. HOWEVER....My 66 year old DH has two very bad knees and a bad hip. He says the stairs at OKW don't bother him much because the steps are the lower rise 8 inch high variety. We'll see what he thinks this December, since he is likely having knee replacement before our December trip. If you are worried about it, I would request ground floor so you wont have stairs.

There is no need to carry your own luggage if you don't want to do so. Bell services can take care of that for you. The boat to DTD is a wonderful way to get there. We sometimes just take it for the boat ride even though we aren't planning to do anything in DT!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: