DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #2731
makemesmile
Earning My Ears

Jennifer, Thanks for posting those beautiful pictures. Makes me even more excited for our 1st stay at OKW in 82 days.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #2732
nappingbeauty
Mouseketeer

i have a guaranteed hh reservation for July 29th thru August 10... however today i had knee surgery that was a little more involved than they originally thought. Do you think it is too late for me to get a two bedroom in rooms 61 thru 63? I really prefer a 2nd floor due to I must have fresh air while sleeping and leave bedroom door open at night.... would like to keep out as many critters as possible
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #2733
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappingbeauty View Post
i have a guaranteed hh reservation for July 29th thru August 10... however today i had knee surgery that was a little more involved than they originally thought. Do you think it is too late for me to get a two bedroom in rooms 61 thru 63? I really prefer a 2nd floor due to I must have fresh air while sleeping and leave bedroom door open at night.... would like to keep out as many critters as possible
Bldg 62, 63 and 64 are not hospitality house area. Plus you really don't want to leave the bedroom door open in August. Your AC will shut off. And if you have a dedicated two bedroom, that means the entire place will be shut off.

July and August in FL isn't the time to be leaving the door open anyway with all the biting, flying insects and high humidity. Just turn on the ceiling fan in the bedroom.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #2734
NeedMorePoints
Earning My Ears

Beautiful pics Jen. Headed back there in 3 weeks! Can't wait! Thanks for sharing.

72,90,92-PO,93-BC,95-POLY,96-POLY,97-POLY,98-CB,99-CB,00-CB,01-CB,05-Hyatt,08-CB,PP,09-SSR,DLH,BLT,10-BLT,POLY,BCV,OKW,11-VWL,BLT,VGC,VB,OKW,12-OKW,BCV,BLT,13-AKV,BLT,BWV,OKW,HH,14-BLT

Old 06-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #2735
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
I must have fresh air while sleeping and leave bedroom door open at night.... would like to keep out as many critters as possible
Unfortunately, the humidity ridden air (far from fresh), if you keep the door open, will force the a/c to keep running, unless you raise the thermostat to prevent it from doing so, making every other room muggy, damp and uncomfortable.

As for asst. bugs, flying palmettos, lizards, spiders, etc., they're equiped to reach the 1, 2nd and/or 3rd floor, sorry!

P.S. The only fresh air we get in August comes from opening and closing the fridge door quickly and/or from hurricane/tropical force winds!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 06-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #2736
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
Unfortunately, the humidity ridden air (far from fresh), if you keep the door open, will force the a/c to keep running, unless you raise the thermostat to prevent it from doing so, making every other room muggy, damp and uncomfortable.

As for asst. bugs, flying palmettos, lizards, spiders, etc., they're equiped to reach the 1, 2nd and/or 3rd floor, sorry!
i'm pretty sure that open windows + running the A/C also grows mold like you wouldn't believe. please don't do that...

Old 06-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #2737
nappingbeauty
Mouseketeer

thank you for the replies... I WILL be keeping the door closed at night

Laura
Old 06-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #2738
mickey&minniealways
DIS Veteran

Love , love, love OKW. Can't wait to go back. AKV was OK but just not the same feeling. Will be going back to OKW for sure.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #2739
MommyBell08
DIS Veteran

Staying here for the first time in September .... can't wait.....eeek

ASMo'04*O.S.'06*POP'07*POP'09*CSR'09*AKV'11(KV)*AK V'12*OKW'12*AKV'14,SSR'14 OHANA

Old 07-03-2012, 02:16 AM   #2740
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing photos, loved them.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #2741
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Hey....we will be there Aug 4th - the 8th before heading over to Vero....maybe we can meet finally!!! Maybe a pool meet and greet?!?!?!

cheryl
Old 07-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #2742
alwaysmagical
Earning My Ears

Question from a newbie:

This may have already been asked/answered before, so if that's the case, let me apologize now. Can anyone tell me, in which buildings are the one bedroom villas located? We have a beyond generous and giving friend who will be letting us use her DVC points and have decided to stay at OKW for the first time ever. She has enough points that we will be getting a one bedroom - I just need to know which building to request. And yes, I know requests don't always work out, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some pixie dust! Thanks!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #2743
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysmagical View Post
This may have already been asked/answered before, so if that's the case, let me apologize now. Can anyone tell me, in which buildings are the one bedroom villas located?
all the buildings at OKW have 1BRs so far as i know.

if you want the HH (main lobby/pool/restaurant/boat dock) area, you would need to have your friend book that up front.

some of us prefer to be away from that area but opinions vary. feel free to look around at interesting threads, do some searches and ask questions to get a better idea of what to look forward to...

Old 07-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #2744
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
This may have already been asked/answered before, so if that's the case, let me apologize now. Can anyone tell me, in which buildings are the one bedroom villas located? We have a beyond generous and giving friend who will be letting us use her DVC points and have decided to stay at OKW for the first time ever. She has enough points that we will be getting a one bedroom - I just need to know which building to request. And yes, I know requests don't always work out, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some pixie dust! Thanks!
The way DVC works, if your friend books a 1BR that is exactly what you would get. No pixie dust required.

Each building has a mix of studio, 1BR and 2BR units, with some also have a Grand Villa (3BR) so, as the PP noted, there are 1BR units in all the buildings.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #2745
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
The other thing to know. Most of the buildings do not have elevators and you have to use stairs. Some are three stories, some are two stories.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: