DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #2701
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Jen View Post
I have to say thank you thank you thank you to whomever it was that recommended buildings 45 and 46 to me. We have been home just over a week from our first stay at OKW. We got a one bedroom in building 45 - first floor. At first I was a little leery of the first floor, but when I thought about dragging all of our luggage up those stairs - I was glad to have it.

We had a HUGE patio and AMAZINGLY pretty view of the canal. We really really liked it.

While it hasn't come close to taking the place in our hearts that VWL (our home resort) has (die-hard Moosehead here) it is at the top of the list of our favorite DVC resorts.
It was probably me who recommended that. I LOVE buildings 45 and 46!!!
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline  
Old 06-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #2702
smithgrandchild
Disney Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 71

Down Pillows

Does anyone know if down pillows are available at OKW? We are BCV/AKL members and haven't stayed at OKW in a while, although we love the place.
smithgrandchild is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #2703
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgrandchild View Post
Does anyone know if down pillows are available at OKW? We are BCV/AKL members and haven't stayed at OKW in a while, although we love the place.
No, and I'm very thankful for that!
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #2704
MSUmom
MSU mom
 
MSUmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 295

I got up to page 151 and I have to leave. I wanted to make sure I subscribed. My family is going Dec 27 - Jan 5. I will have 2 teenager boys. I was looking at Building 41 or 43 to be near the Arcade and turtle pool. We are in a 2 bedroom Villa. Any thoughts or comments. This will be our first stay at OKW. Thanks.
MSUmom is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #2705
SusieBea
DIS Veteran
 
SusieBea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, IN & Hilton Head Island, SC
Posts: 1,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUmom View Post
I got up to page 151 and I have to leave. I wanted to make sure I subscribed. My family is going Dec 27 - Jan 5. I will have 2 teenager boys. I was looking at Building 41 or 43 to be near the Arcade and turtle pool. We are in a 2 bedroom Villa. Any thoughts or comments. This will be our first stay at OKW. Thanks.
The Turtle Pond area is our favorite. A couple of things you might want to know - the arcade there is not large; that might not matter to you; the one near the Hospitality area is larger. Also, I would not recommend building 41 because the view is awful (runoff pond w/ a fountain and a lot of traffic noise); building 43 or 42 would be fine, as would 44, 33, 35. It's not a very long walk from any of those buildings to the pool area.
__________________
DVC OKW since 1993
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (3); 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; UPCOMING TRIPS:- 2014: GFV & OKW - Sept; OKW - December
SusieBea is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #2706
MSUmom
MSU mom
 
MSUmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBea View Post
The Turtle Pond area is our favorite. A couple of things you might want to know - the arcade there is not large; that might not matter to you; the one near the Hospitality area is larger. Also, I would not recommend building 41 because the view is awful (runoff pond w/ a fountain and a lot of traffic noise); building 43 or 42 would be fine, as would 44, 33, 35. It's not a very long walk from any of those buildings to the pool area.
Thanks for your info. I am so torn. I would love 45 or 46 but I am afraid that is what everyone else is requesting. I then was looking at 15 or 16 but then remembered only rooms over 30 have the second door to the bathroom which will be needed. I guess it is a good thing I have 6 more months to figure it out.

Last edited by MSUmom; 06-16-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: spelling
MSUmom is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #2707
MSUmom
MSU mom
 
MSUmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 295

I have another questions for those folks who have just been there. When we were at SSR in March, their refills included several different teas. Does OKW offer them too? If not my DD may be driving over to SSR to get her teas.
MSUmom is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #2708
helenk
BL II - Purple Team>
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Loves Monk, and Peeps,
 
helenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Pottstown, PA, USA
Posts: 8,367

I've tried reading all the posts but there is just too many. I have booked a studio at OKW for my trip in December. My first stay at OKW, I only had 57 points and used 56 for 5 nights, you can't beat that.
I was wondering where the laundry facilties are? I'm just doing carry on for my trip and will want to do my laundry before I leave. Do you pay or is it like the other DVC resorts where its free ?
__________________

Offsite 6/83,5/87
ASSP 7/95 & 11/08, GF 9/99, YC 11/01, WL 12/02 & 9/09 POR 9/03, POFQ 6/04, 12/04, & 5/06 POLY 6/04 & 12/05, POP 12/04, ASMU 7/05,10/07 & 12/07, AKL 12/06, CBR 5/07, CSR 5/08, SSR 11/08, CR 1/09, DLH 5/09, AKV 6/09, ASSP 10/09, ASSP&AKV 12/09, BCV 9/10, VWL 12/10, AKV 1/11 AKV/DCL 5/11 VWL&AKV 12/11, AKV 5/12,SSR 10/12, OKW 12/12, AKV 5/13, HHI 6/13,VWL 12/13, VCG 5/14, Hollywood Hotel, Hong Kong 5/14, AKV 8/14



helenk is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #2709
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenk View Post
I've tried reading all the posts but there is just too many. I have booked a studio at OKW for my trip in December. My first stay at OKW, I only had 57 points and used 56 for 5 nights, you can't beat that.
I was wondering where the laundry facilties are? I'm just doing carry on for my trip and will want to do my laundry before I leave. Do you pay or is it like the other DVC resorts where its free ?
At OKW, the washers and dryers are located at the pools. They are free to use. You'll need your KTTW to get into the room.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #2710
helenk
BL II - Purple Team>
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Loves Monk, and Peeps,
 
helenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Pottstown, PA, USA
Posts: 8,367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
At OKW, the washers and dryers are located at the pools. They are free to use. You'll need your KTTW to get into the room.
Thank you, the one thing I miss about staying at the value and moderate resorts is doing your laundry while your at the pool. It make better use of your time. That will make my stay a bit easier...unless there is a cold snap while I'm there and I can't relax at the pool.
__________________

Offsite 6/83,5/87
ASSP 7/95 & 11/08, GF 9/99, YC 11/01, WL 12/02 & 9/09 POR 9/03, POFQ 6/04, 12/04, & 5/06 POLY 6/04 & 12/05, POP 12/04, ASMU 7/05,10/07 & 12/07, AKL 12/06, CBR 5/07, CSR 5/08, SSR 11/08, CR 1/09, DLH 5/09, AKV 6/09, ASSP 10/09, ASSP&AKV 12/09, BCV 9/10, VWL 12/10, AKV 1/11 AKV/DCL 5/11 VWL&AKV 12/11, AKV 5/12,SSR 10/12, OKW 12/12, AKV 5/13, HHI 6/13,VWL 12/13, VCG 5/14, Hollywood Hotel, Hong Kong 5/14, AKV 8/14



helenk is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #2711
Bellesmama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Wilmington, MA
Posts: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyandbash View Post
Hi, Does anyone have an activity schedule for June? Or even one from May? I'm interested to just see an example of what they do now. We haven't been to OKW in years. Thanks!
Bump...

I would like this info too!

1st time visit to OKW in 6 days!
Bellesmama is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #2712
sherylcin
Mouseketeer
 
sherylcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 356

We have just booked a GV at OKW for our next Grandfamily Trip to the World in January. We're very excited to stay here. The resort looks lovely and I'm gleaning lots of great info from this thread. I do, however, have a couple of questions that may be buried here somewhere, I'm just too impatient to wait till I uncover them.

1) Are there really 4 bathrooms in all the GV's? That's what I've read on this thread but the DVC site only says 3 and that's what Member Services told me as well. It matters because that will help decide if we need to get a Studio for my Dad or we can all crowd in together.

2) My Dad will have a scooter since all the walking will be too much for him and stairs will be a problem for him. Don't really need an accessible room but will need somewhere to put the scooter and he won't be able to climb stairs easily. Again, decision whether to get him his own ground floor studio or are there GV's at ground floor level?

Thanks in advance. I'm so glad I saw this thread!!
__________________
1972 - Honeymoon Offsite; 1979, 1980, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2000 - Offsite; 2002 - Offsite at Star Island;
2004 - Pop Century and offsite at Star Island; 2006 - House in Windsor Hills
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages
sherylcin is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #2713
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
We have just booked a GV at OKW for our next Grandfamily Trip to the World in January. We're very excited to stay here. The resort looks lovely and I'm gleaning lots of great info from this thread. I do, however, have a couple of questions that may be buried here somewhere, I'm just too impatient to wait till I uncover them.

1) Are there really 4 bathrooms in all the GV's? That's what I've read on this thread but the DVC site only says 3 and that's what Member Services told me as well. It matters because that will help decide if we need to get a Studio for my Dad or we can all crowd in together.

2) My Dad will have a scooter since all the walking will be too much for him and stairs will be a problem for him. Don't really need an accessible room but will need somewhere to put the scooter and he won't be able to climb stairs easily. Again, decision whether to get him his own ground floor studio or are there GV's at ground floor level?

Thanks in advance. I'm so glad I saw this thread!!
Most of the GVs start on the second floor. If he can't get to the second floor, you need an accessible GV. I think there may be only three of them. So call now. There won't be anywhere to charge the scooter outside. Or get him a ground floor studio. He might like the quiet. But he won't be able to join the rest of the family for dining and stuff in the GV.

Yes, there are four bathrooms. The master bathroom, two upstairs (one in each of the two bedrooms), and one just off the entrance to the villa with a shower.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #2714
MSUmom
MSU mom
 
MSUmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 295

For the scooter - we had one at BWV in May. Just left it in the hallway, plugged in. Never had to worry about it getting enough charge or being in the way in our studio.
MSUmom is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #2715
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
We have just booked a GV at OKW for our next Grandfamily Trip to the World in January. We're very excited to stay here. The resort looks lovely and I'm gleaning lots of great info from this thread. I do, however, have a couple of questions that may be buried here somewhere, I'm just too impatient to wait till I uncover them.

1) Are there really 4 bathrooms in all the GV's? That's what I've read on this thread but the DVC site only says 3 and that's what Member Services told me as well. It matters because that will help decide if we need to get a Studio for my Dad or we can all crowd in together.

2) My Dad will have a scooter since all the walking will be too much for him and stairs will be a problem for him. Don't really need an accessible room but will need somewhere to put the scooter and he won't be able to climb stairs easily. Again, decision whether to get him his own ground floor studio or are there GV's at ground floor level?

Thanks in advance. I'm so glad I saw this thread!!
1) YES there are really 4 bathrooms, and all 4 of them have bathing facilities. The two bathrooms upstairs have tub/shower units in them. The hall bath downstairs (for whomever sleeps in the living room) has a walk in shower, and the master bath has a Jacuzzi plus a walk in shower and two seperate rooms for the bathroom.

2) You can request an elevator building for medical reasons if he really can't climb stairs at all. The only ground floor GV will be handicap accessible, so the kitchen and master bath will be modified in such a way that you wont like it much. There are 2 GVs in an elevator building, and one of those is HA and the other is not. If you are lucky you could maybe get that one that is in the elevator building and not HA. If he can climb a few stairs, the exterior stairs at OKW are fairly low rise, and even my DH who has horrible knees has very little trouble with them. However, inside the villa, he will either have to use the master or sleep in the living room, because the other two bedrooms are upstairs. As for the scooter...Even if you are not in an elevator building, they will allow you to plug it in at HH in Papa's Den. We had to do that one trip, and while it was a little inconvenient with having to take a bus to HH and then retrieve the scooter, it was able to be managed.
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: