DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #2686
tyandbash
Mouseketeer

Hi, Does anyone have an activity schedule for June? Or even one from May? I'm interested to just see an example of what they do now. We haven't been to OKW in years. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #2687
florep1
I believe in Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
What is your room number...2 bedroom... Second day... HH area.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #2688
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

Thanks, we,re there on the 17th in HHH area, and want any bldg but 14' top floor.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #2689
pigby
This one might be a little more challenging

Quote:
Originally Posted by florep1 View Post
Day 2 in a 2 bedroom at hospitality house area. Love the resort and our location with a nice view of water/fountain and golf course; hate the busses! Loony waits both days... Park crowds not too bad.
Good to know about the crowds but wondered about the buses - we didnt have an issue when we stayed there last - how long were you waiting?

We set off in less than 2 days but spending a few days at Universal first then 10 nights at OKW.

Sept 2013 Loews Hollywood/Candy Cane Inn DLR, June 2012 Portofino Bay/OKW, Aug 2011 OKW/HRH, April 2011, Candy Cane Inn DLR, California, March 2011 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Jul 2010 HoJo, Disneyland California, Dec 2009 Santa Fe DLRP, May 2009 ASMu/BCV,Aug 2008 CSR/RPR - WDW/Universal, Oct 2007 Santa Fe DLRP,Dec 2006 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Aug 2006 RPR/Saratoga Springs- Universal/WDW, May 2006 Cheyenne DLRP,Oct 2005 ASMo - WDW,July 2005 POP/WL - WDW, Oct 04 RPR/Pop/POFQ July 03 ASMo - WDW, Oct 02 Newport Bay DLRP, Aug 01 ASMo-WDW Sep 00 ASMo- WDW, Jun 97 Newport Bay DLRP, Jul 90 offsite WDW
Old 06-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #2690
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Thanks, we,re there on the 17th in HHH area, and want any bldg but 14' top floor.
Why not 14? We have stayed there twice and both times on the back side facing the golf course. There was no issue with it. The only issue I have with that building is how difficult it can sometimes be to cross the street to get to the bus stop.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #2691
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

I'm afraid we'll get the unit facing the drive with all the buses. Love my balcony, and wouldn't be able to sit and enjoy the view....14 and golf course view would be perfect. Not sure, but I think my daughter asked for bldg in the 20's..ressie is for HH, with a request for top floor. Looking for the posting with the room locations. We have a dedicated 2 bedroom. First night at BLT TP view for a special treat (and lots of points, since it's a Saturday). I will take a bus over from MK around 10 on Sunday am to check in, and get our room assignment. Plan on spending pool time at BLT that day as we have ADR for CRT at 5:30. 11 more sleeps...ALMOST SINGLE DIGITS. DGDs think they are going to Kansas...surprise for them
Old 06-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #2692
dianeschlicht
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
I'm afraid we'll get the unit facing the drive with all the buses. Love my balcony, and wouldn't be able to sit and enjoy the view....14 and golf course view would be perfect. Not sure, but I think my daughter asked for bldg in the 20's..ressie is for HH, with a request for top floor. Looking for the posting with the room locations. We have a dedicated 2 bedroom. First night at BLT TP view for a special treat (and lots of points, since it's a Saturday). I will take a bus over from MK around 10 on Sunday am to check in, and get our room assignment. Plan on spending pool time at BLT that day as we have ADR for CRT at 5:30. 11 more sleeps...ALMOST SINGLE DIGITS. DGDs think they are going to Kansas...surprise for them
There are far more units that do NOT face the entrance driveway. We did have a 1 bedroom on that side once on the second floor, but we never noticed bus noise. I wonder if it's because we were down in the back corner? Frankly, I've only heard the buses one stay in my many at OKW, and that was when we stayed one night in a studio in building 29 and we were right on the end next to the road. I've heard people complain about the bus turn arounds at buildings 21 and 51 also, and I've never had an issue in those buildings either. Maybe some people are just lighter sleepers than I am. Of course, we wouldn't hear the buses at all if they'd just fix those squeeky brakes! We always joke that it's a prerequisite for Disney buses to have squeeky brakes.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #2693
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

How about Building #17. I just requested this building, top floor. I am so hoping for a golf course view (that is quiet)

Old 06-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #2694
Duffy Lover
My Babies Love Their Disney Bears

Quote:
Whoo-Hoo!!!

I think in the best scenario, I would want any of the buildings from 23-26. I actually do not want to stay (if possible) in the 11-14 region. I just like having the Peninsular Road bus stop right there...

Regardless, there are only 10 more days 'till I get to tell my little girls we're not going to Kansas, but to Disney! They are going to freak out!

CR '80 ** POLY '84 ** FW '91 ** POFQ '04~Last trip w/Gramps ** POP '07~E's 1st Trip ** GF & SOG '08~(Not My)Disney Wedding ** POFQ '08~BIG Family Vacation ** POP '09~Just the Girls ** BCV '10~1 Night @WDW ** OKW GV '11~C's 1st Trip ** BLT/OKW '12~Surprise For My Girls ** 2014 ~ BCV/OKW/VGF! A Two Week Grand Villa Extravaganza!!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #2695
Nicnic
Mouseketeer

Hi,

Just wondering what the facilities are like for a 2&10yo?

We were looking at SSR but the sofa bed in the studio is probably not going to work for us wher as the OKW has the 2 beds and more space for a cot.

Also what buildings have a lift, we like to have upper floors so we can have the balcony doors open and not worry about a little one running off! Or are the patios on the ground floor enclosed?

Anything else you can say to convince me it's the best place for our family would be great.THANKS

Just thought I would add we usually stay POFQ so we ae used to outdoor entry. But not such a big resort.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #2696
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnic View Post
Hi,

We were looking at SSR but the sofa bed in the studio is probably not going to work for us wher as the OKW has the 2 beds and more space for a cot.

Also what buildings have a lift, we like to have upper floors so we can have the balcony doors open and not worry about a little one running off! Or are the patios on the ground floor enclosed?

Anything else you can say to convince me it's the best place for our family would be great.THANKS

Just thought I would add we usually stay POFQ so we ae used to outdoor entry. But not such a big resort.
We love OKW! I am not sure which buildings have elevators and I'm sure someone else will have that info but I can tell you that the 1st fl. patios are enclosed so your little one would be confined. Also, the OKW studios are the most spacious of all the DVC resorts. Have fun!

Upcoming:

BWVs - 12/14-12/19
Old 06-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #2697
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

I have to say thank you thank you thank you to whomever it was that recommended buildings 45 and 46 to me. We have been home just over a week from our first stay at OKW. We got a one bedroom in building 45 - first floor. At first I was a little leery of the first floor, but when I thought about dragging all of our luggage up those stairs - I was glad to have it.

We had a HUGE patio and AMAZINGLY pretty view of the canal. We really really liked it.

While it hasn't come close to taking the place in our hearts that VWL (our home resort) has (die-hard Moosehead here) it is at the top of the list of our favorite DVC resorts.

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries
Old 06-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #2698
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Also what buildings have a lift?
OKW has 49 buildings and only 3 have an elevator: building numbers 62, 63 and 64. those 3 are typically reserved for medical issues, if i recall correctly.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #2699
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Correct on the "new" building numbers.

For those with medical issues, these are not your only options. All the other buildings have accessible units and 1/3rd+ are ground floor.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #2700
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Hi,

We were looking at SSR but the sofa bed in the studio is probably not going to work for us wher as the OKW has the 2 beds and more space for a cot. ....
You know that DVC resorts do not provide cots, right? You'll have to bring your own and the studio only sleeps four plus one under the age of three.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: