DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #2671
macleod1979
Mouseketeer

I concur. Its a really nice place. My grandparents stay there all the time. Its always some good family time
Old 05-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #2672
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

It has been almost a month since we returned home from our stay at Old Key West and after some reflection we have the flowing comments.

OKW is by far our favorite resort to date bar none! After arriving early our room in the requested area was not ready so we opted for a room on Miller Rd. and have no regrets for the last minute switch. Our balcony gave us a great view of the golf course while enjoyed our morning coffee and checking our email each day.

There is something different about OKW that I cannot put a handle on but it’s definitely a good thing!

Pros;
The whole place was very quiet and relaxing,
Rooms are large and well maintained,
Buses were never over crowed and arrived in a timely fashion,
Boat ride to DTD,
The CM’s were great,
Olivia’s!

Con;
Unlike other resorts, to walk to the “main” area (HH) you had to use the sidewalk that run along the road or the edge of a parking lot unlike other resorts that have walking paths that avoid the road for the most part.

Would we return YES in the beat of a heart! In fact you would have to convince us to stay at another resort.

Thanks to everyone here for all the info and suggestions!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #2673
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Got back yesterday from our OKW stay.....wonderful! Our 2 br villa was ready on arrival & it was what & where I had requested! First floor & near the Hospitality House. We were in 6212......great location!!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April)
Old 05-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #2674
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Second stay at OKW and we love it. Studio room 5210. End of the building. I had to request a 1st floor room as DD's adopted grandmother came with us. Since a first floor or elevator room was necessary (she can't climb stairs and has a scooter) I didn't make any other requests. The building we are in has a main road behind it and is on a bus turn around. I was worried about the noise, but there isn't any. I rarely hear any road noise and as for the buses, I hear them when the room is quiet, but they don't wake us up.

I was concerned about not having a food court, but we have been able to eat sufficiently with the counter service that is here.

The resort is quiet, peaceful and beautiful. Being able to park right next to the building is a definite plus. The buses have been good but it does take a bit with all the stops. We are right near a bus stop.

All in all OKW is a great resort and we will be back.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #2675
toklotursa
Earning My Ears

We just found out we passed ROFR.
We are so excited and cannot wait for our first stay at OKW.
We received the news while we were at Disney World. I guess this means the Pixie Dust was upon us.

Cast of Characters:
Me(48), DW(42), DD(22), Furbabies: Eechie (RIP 8/'11), Rufus, Hudson

DH of Scooby9932

Prior Trips: 1978 Offsite, 2011 Poly, 2012 Coronado Springs

Old 05-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #2676
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Congratulations Ed, that is very exciting!

We'll be going to OKW for the first time 12/5-12/10, and I've slowly been making my way through this thread. It is so wonderful to read all the positive comments and it is really making me excited to see it for myself. I own at AKV and am in love with that place, but with all the love OKW has I'm sure it's a magnificent place as well

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 05-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #2677
florep1
I believe in Magic!

7 more days Can't wait 5 nights in a 2BR for 3 of us since my college age kids decided to take summer classes instead of going to Disney
Old 06-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #2678
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Hi! I've been lurking for a little while on this thread, reading everyone's wonderful comments about OKW. My family will be staying there for the 1st time this fall. I am very unfamiliar with the layout of this resort. I'm wondering what requests y'all would suggest we make. We are a family of 3 (me, DH & our 4 y/o son), we are very early risers at Disney and don't go back for naps. The majority of our time is spent in the parks. We do use a stroller & will probably have our son in it at night when we return. One of my main concerns is the bus system at OKW. Is it good, bad or just ok? Is there a better area to be in for the buses?

Thank you!
Old 06-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #2679
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

TICKER CHECK!!!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #2680
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Hi! I've been lurking for a little while on this thread, reading everyone's wonderful comments about OKW. My family will be staying there for the 1st time this fall. I am very unfamiliar with the layout of this resort. I'm wondering what requests y'all would suggest we make. We are a family of 3 (me, DH & our 4 y/o son), we are very early risers at Disney and don't go back for naps. The majority of our time is spent in the parks. We do use a stroller & will probably have our son in it at night when we return. One of my main concerns is the bus system at OKW. Is it good, bad or just ok? Is there a better area to be in for the buses?

Thank you!
hi amandaw!!! ( man, name looks familiar.)
we love okw. been staying there since 1999. we think the bus system at okw has to be the best on property. for the last 4 years or so, we have been staying in the hh area. we never had a bad room at okw. if you didnt book hh, we ask for golf course views. the resort is very quiet but it is spread out. there is an internal bus that just goes from bus stop to bus stop.
we will be getting there sept 11th and departing the 22nd. just be dw and i this trip. we just came home from 8 nights at the poly. it was nice but there nothing like being home at okw.
have a great trip!!! (if your the same amandaw from "over there", maybe a disdads meet? laughing
Old 06-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #2681
Steamboat Girlie
I WANT TO BE LOCKED IN THE DISNEY VAULT! "Huh-huh. Up and at 'em, pal. Oooh boy, are we glad you're here, big doin's goin' on, so let's get started! See ya real soon!"

Finally booked our first stay at OKW. Going down Dec.26-Jan. 2.
So excited!!!

1976; 85; 86; 88; 96; 04; 08 - off site, 1983 - Disney's Polynesian Village, 2000 - Disneyland Resort, 02 - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, 02 - Walt Disney World Swan, 02 - Disney's Coronado Springs, 04 & 09 - Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Villas Resort, 05 - Disney's Pop Century Resort, 08, 09 & '12 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, '11 & '13 - Disney's BoardWalk, '12 - Disney's Old Key West, 13' - Disney's Bay Lake Tower

Old 06-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #2682
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
hi amandaw!!! ( man, name looks familiar.)
we love okw. been staying there since 1999. we think the bus system at okw has to be the best on property. for the last 4 years or so, we have been staying in the hh area. we never had a bad room at okw. if you didnt book hh, we ask for golf course views. the resort is very quiet but it is spread out. there is an internal bus that just goes from bus stop to bus stop.
we will be getting there sept 11th and departing the 22nd. just be dw and i this trip. we just came home from 8 nights at the poly. it was nice but there nothing like being home at okw.
have a great trip!!! (if your the same amandaw from "over there", maybe a disdads meet? laughing
Thank you for your input! I'm so glad to hear that you think it has a great bus system. I have been so worried about that.

I'm pretty sure we're not in the HH area. We own with Hilton Grand Vacations Club & traded thru RCI. All I know is that we have a studio. A golf course view would be very nice. I may have to put that in as a request.

Are there elevators in all of the buildings?

As for my familiar looking name...I've been trying to rack my brain if we've been on the same threads because I know I've seen your name a lot here as well. But, I don't think I'm the amandaw from "over there". But, maybe I am & I just forgot.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:35 AM   #2683
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Thank you for your input! I'm so glad to hear that you think it has a great bus system. I have been so worried about that.

I'm pretty sure we're not in the HH area. We own with Hilton Grand Vacations Club & traded thru RCI. All I know is that we have a studio. A golf course view would be very nice. I may have to put that in as a request.

Are there elevators in all of the buildings?

As for my familiar looking name...I've been trying to rack my brain if we've been on the same threads because I know I've seen your name a lot here as well. But, I don't think I'm the amandaw from "over there". But, maybe I am & I just forgot.
there is only elevators in one or two of the buildings. the buildings are 2 and 3 levels. we always request a top floor. for some reason we always get the herd of elephants above us. the last time i was on the bottom floor, the person above us stompped there feet so hard when they walked, the light in the dining room rattled. ( i have it on video! )
Old 06-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #2684
florep1
I believe in Magic!

Day 2 in a 2 bedroom at hospitality house area. Love the resort and our location with a nice view of water/fountain and golf course; hate the busses! Loony waits both days... Park crowds not too bad.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #2685
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

What is your room number...2 bedroom... Second day... HH area.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: