DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #2656
chippydale33
Isn't Disney World just a people trap operated by a mouse? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Studios never connect to other studios. At OKW all studios connect to one bedrooms to make a two bedroom lockoff. Studios are usually at the ends of the building. So if you are on the same floor, you might be at opposite ends of the building. Or they might put you one above the other. There are a few of the larger buildings that do have studios intermixed with the other villas, but mostly they are at the ends of the buildings.

At OKW there isn't a standard studio. They are all deluxe studios. Just a new name Disney came up with. The only difference with classification is Near Hospitality House and Not Near Hospitality House.
Oh okay, that makes sense. Thank you for the info!

Old 05-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #2657
BobNed

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippydale33 View Post
Oh okay, that makes sense. Thank you for the info!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Studios never connect to other studios. At OKW all studios connect to one bedrooms to make a two bedroom lockoff. Studios are usually at the ends of the building. So if you are on the same floor, you might be at opposite ends of the building. Or they might put you one above the other. There are a few of the larger buildings that do have studios intermixed with the other villas, but mostly they are at the ends of the buildings.
As Deb said there are a few buildings that have studios next to each other. Take a look at this message which shows all the different building layouts:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2128

It looks like Buildings 14,18,35 and 38 are the only ones.
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #2658
chippydale33
Isn't Disney World just a people trap operated by a mouse? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNed View Post
As Deb said there are a few buildings that have studios next to each other. Take a look at this message which shows all the different building layouts:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2128

It looks like Buildings 14,18,35 and 38 are the only ones.
Oh that would be wonderful! They have been requested next to each other so we'll be crossing our fingers. Thank you!

Old 05-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #2659
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippydale33 View Post
Have an incredible time!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
have fun!!!
Thanks!
And actually thanks to everyone in this thread for sharing your photos, information and opinions of OKW. I can't wait to experience it for myself, and I will share my thoughts and pictures when I return!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #2660
Stini228
Mouseketeer

Hello all! We're just back from 2 nights in a 1 bedroom at OKW. We are non-DVC'ers staying on an AP rate. Holy cow, we fell in love with this place!! The room was huge and beautiful. My favorite thing was the gigantic balcony...5 of us gathered out there one morning over coffee...it was just lovely. The king bed was way, way more comfortable than the queen we had been sleeping on for the previous 4 nights at Kidani.

I loved the music they played everywhere. It was awesome to sit in the hot tub at midnight listening to Bob Marley

What a great place..can't wait to return
Old 05-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #2661
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Wow! A whole thread about me....

Don't know how I missed this thread before. As you can tell from my screen name, I love OKW. Even better, I actually met my wife at OKW.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #2662
MinnieInMI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stini228 View Post
Hello all! We're just back from 2 nights in a 1 bedroom at OKW. We are non-DVC'ers staying on an AP rate. Holy cow, we fell in love with this place!! The room was huge and beautiful. My favorite thing was the gigantic balcony...5 of us gathered out there one morning over coffee...it was just lovely. The king bed was way, way more comfortable than the queen we had been sleeping on for the previous 4 nights at Kidani.

I loved the music they played everywhere. It was awesome to sit in the hot tub at midnight listening to Bob Marley

What a great place..can't wait to return
Yes, yes, yes! The music is so much a part of what we love about OKW!!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #2663
DisneyWannabee
Addicted to Disney

Hi Guys,

You seem so knowledgeable, so I have a question,

I will be staying at OKW next year and will have the DDP with Mug, do the machines have a hot chocolate option?, if not would anyone happen to know what hot drinks they dispense (if any)?

Many thanks

Old 05-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #2664
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWannabee View Post
Hi Guys,

I will be staying at OKW next year and will have the DDP with Mug, do the machines have a hot chocolate option?, if not would anyone happen to know what hot drinks they dispense (if any)?

Many thanks
It's been so long since we had refillable mugs at OKW because refilling them is such a pain. Pretty much only Goods to Go for refills.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #2665
Brenle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWannabee View Post
Hi Guys,

Many thanks
Last November for hot beverages you could have either coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #2666
DisneyWannabee
Addicted to Disney

Thank you so much!!! will have happy kids

Old 05-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #2667
grad_dis_nut
Mouseketeer

Just back from 5 nights in a GV!!! We were in building 15 (thanks to the recommendations of many on this thread) and thought it was a perfect location--very quiet, with a lovely view from the balcony. We walked over to the HH area daily to swim, get fantastic pina coladas from the Gurgling Suitcase, and enjoy the music. Considering we found the parks to be PACKED and the weather to be very, very warm (and I live in Miami!!) we definitely enjoyed the respite of our villa and the pool area.

I love the size of the OKW villas, and the grand villa was no disappointment size-wise. I really liked having that extra (fourth) bathroom in addition to the ones adjoining the bedrooms. I would have to say that the "refurbishment" was a bit of a disappointment. The kitchens and baths need a decent overhaul. Cabinets were broken, the bottom rack of the dishwasher was missing a wheel and THUNKED every time we pulled it out, the grout in the bathrooms was quite dingy and the plastic lining the shower stalls was cracked in several places. I guess this is perhaps considered "maintenance" issues more than renovation, but the villa did seem to need maintenance, if that's the case. Nothing that in any way took away from our enjoyment of the vacation, and my two year old was the only one significantly bothered by the non-closing cabinets

All told, I think I'm feeling more and more like OKW is "our" home at WDW. I was sad to leave and looking forward to getting back there sometime soon. I plan to hang around this thread and enjoy OKW vicariously through everyone who's going there soon.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #2668
mlittig
DIS Veteran

grad dis nut, glad you had such a magical time

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Pop Century
Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #2669
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Tomorrow is check in!!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
Old 05-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #2670
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_dis_nut View Post
Just back from 5 nights in a GV!!! We were in building 15 (thanks to the recommendations of many on this thread) and thought it was a perfect location--

My favorite GV as well!

the "refurbishment" was a bit of a disappointment. The kitchens and baths need a decent overhaul. Cabinets were broken, the bottom rack of the dishwasher was missing a wheel and THUNKED every time we pulled it out, the grout in the bathrooms was quite dingy and the plastic lining the shower stalls was cracked in several places.

The Refurb was so long in coming, but the bathrooms really didn't get refurbed at all, unless you consider restaining of a mirror a refurb. What to do with that Mexican tile and the huge grout lines, short of blasting it out of there and replacing it with something more manageable, all they could do is just to clean it. I guess it's a very time consuming task they didn't want to take on! From what I've read here, there are units where the bathroom & kitchen cabinetry really should have been replaced but wasn't! Thankfully they didn't crackle the cabinets to hide flaws!

All told, I think I'm feeling more and more like OKW is "our" home at WDW. I was sad to leave and looking forward to getting back there sometime soon. .
Thanks for the TR! OKW still remains my favorite resort irregardless of it's imperfections! Just 24 more days to go!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: