DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #2626
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenlv View Post
What time do the pools close for the night please.

We'll be at OKW for 3-15 June and I'm going to request the Turtle pond area when I check in online, can someone also tell me if the 1 bed villas there are in buildings with 2 floors or 3 please?
Ideally we'd like the top floor of a 2 floor building, if that's possible, 3rd floor seems a little too far to walk .

One last query, do all the 1 beds have balcony access from the bedroom as well as the living area?

We've stayed onsite before at POR and loved it, we're really looking forward to OKW and the extra space.
There is access from the master bedroom and the living room to the porch. It's one porch and not multiple porches.

If I remember correctly pools close either at 10 PM or midnight, but if you are quiet and don't bother the guests around the pools, you can swim much later. Signs at the pools post the pool hours.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #2627
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Speaking of porches, does a 2 BR have 2 separate porches? I thought it was just one, but then (somewhere along my research) I swear I saw a 2BR layout with 2 separate porches.

Not really something that matters all that much, just out of curiosity.

In other news...YAY tomorrow I can do my online check in! Last year I just checked in at the resort, but I figure I'll give the online check in a whirl this year. We booked in the HH category and I believe my only request is going to be 1st floor. One member of our party really wanted a 2nd floor, but I hate to be the family that wakes people up below us (I have a 4 year old dd, and for some reason she tends to sound like a herd of elephants when she walks room to room). 11 days til Mickey!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #2628
starwarsclark
Earning My Ears

Hi all,
One of my sons turns 18 at the end of July and we go to the magic and our first trip to OKW on the 4th August - Do you know if I can arrange anything special at OKW for him to celebrate just turning 18 please?

Old 04-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #2629
BobNed

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
Speaking of porches, does a 2 BR have 2 separate porches? I thought it was just one, but then (somewhere along my research) I swear I saw a 2BR layout with 2 separate porches.
A 2 BR lock-off has two balconies. One for the studio, and one for the 1 BR. A dedicated 2 BR has only one balcony.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #2630
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenlv View Post
What time do the pools close for the night please.

We'll be at OKW for 3-15 June and I'm going to request the Turtle pond area when I check in online, can someone also tell me if the 1 bed villas there are in buildings with 2 floors or 3 please?
Ideally we'd like the top floor of a 2 floor building, if that's possible, 3rd floor seems a little too far to walk .

One last query, do all the 1 beds have balcony access from the bedroom as well as the living area?

We've stayed onsite before at POR and loved it, we're really looking forward to OKW and the extra space.
Looking at the sign right now, Pool and spa. Open 7 AM to 11 PM.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #2631
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNed View Post
A 2 BR lock-off has two balconies. One for the studio, and one for the 1 BR. A dedicated 2 BR has only one balcony.
Thanks...is it out of the ordinary to request a dedicated 2BR? 2 balconies is not important to me at all, and I'm not sure why but I just have a feeling that I would prefer dedicated to lock off!

Old 04-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #2632
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsclark View Post
Hi all,
One of my sons turns 18 at the end of July and we go to the magic and our first trip to OKW on the 4th August - Do you know if I can arrange anything special at OKW for him to celebrate just turning 18 please?

You should call and have it noted on the reservation and remind them when you check in. They will have balloons and a card, they asked who the persons favorite character was, Mickey, Minnie, etc...

Quote:
Thanks...is it out of the ordinary to request a dedicated 2BR? 2 balconies is not important to me at all, and I'm not sure why but I just have a feeling that I would prefer dedicated to lock off!
No, a dedicated 2 bedroom also doesn't have an exit door to the front.

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
Old 04-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #2633
BobNed

Mouseketeer

Quote:
I wouldn't say it is out of the ordinary. Sometimes people want the second entrance or the kitchenette and would book a lock-off. Before online booking, MS would almost always give you a dedicated 2 BR unless you specifically asked for a lock-off, or they didn't have a dedicated available.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #2634
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't say it is out of the ordinary. Sometimes people want the second entrance or the kitchenette and would book a lock-off. Before online booking, MS would almost always give you a dedicated 2 BR unless you specifically asked for a lock-off, or they didn't have a dedicated available.
Oh ok thanks! I am not sure if there is a spot in online check in for me to indicate I would prefer a dedicated..if there is not, should I skip online check in? Or if I do online check in, is it still possible to amend my preferences in person when we get there? We arrive at MCO @ 10:25 am, so we will get to OKW fairly early in the day, so I don't anticipate our room necessarily being ready for us when we arrive..if that makes any difference.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #2635
BobNed

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh ok thanks! I am not sure if there is a spot in online check in for me to indicate I would prefer a dedicated..if there is not, should I skip online check in? Or if I do online check in, is it still possible to amend my preferences in person when we get there? We arrive at MCO @ 10:25 am, so we will get to OKW fairly early in the day, so I don't anticipate our room necessarily being ready for us when we arrive..if that makes any difference.
It isn't a request. You either book a dedicated or a lock-off. It should be noted on your confirmation too.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #2636
Deb & Bill

Quote:
At OKW, if you book a two bedroom, they usually give you a dedicated two bedroom villa, unless you specifically request a lockoff. Giving you a lockoff when you didn't request one, ties up a studio and a one bedroom.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #2637
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It isn't a request. You either book a dedicated or a lock-off. It should be noted on your confirmation too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
At OKW, if you book a two bedroom, they usually give you a dedicated two bedroom villa, unless you specifically request a lockoff. Giving you a lockoff when you didn't request one, ties up a studio and a one bedroom.
OHHHHH...now I get it! Took me a minute!

Thanks for the info!!

Old 04-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #2638
dianeschlicht
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
You will automatically be booked in a dedicated when you book UNLESS there isn't one available. In that case you will be put in a lock off and they will note it on the reservation. You can see it on the website when you check your vacations on the member page.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #2639
shirleyanneko
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the beautiful pictures- we are staying at OKW in Sept., and it looks beautiful! Can't wait!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #2640
WDWMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro77 View Post
We will be home in just a few days and we can not wait. Excited to see how green everything is and to see the Flower/Garden show. Hope to spend some time at Fuego or just sit out by pool with good Cigar.
This may have been posted, but I don't think there is a smoking area at the pool. You may have to go elsewhere to a smoking section.

"Everybody's got a boat upon the ocean, but not everybody's sailing out to sea." K. Loggins
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: