DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #2386
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattiwig View Post
It's fine as long as you are not too tall. I would say 5'10" and under. My daughter was fine, my 6'2" son...not so much.
My son's friend used the sleeper chair at OKW in the GV and he fit just fine. He is about 6'2".

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #2387
nappingbeauty
Mouseketeer

thank you for your responses... my one son is 5'11" but very thin.... i was hoping he would fit so his sister could have the sofa bed.... putting the younger ones in the 2nd bedroom.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #2388
dianeschlicht
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappingbeauty View Post
thank you for your responses... my one son is 5'11" but very thin.... i was hoping he would fit so his sister could have the sofa bed.... putting the younger ones in the 2nd bedroom.
Given their sizes, I'd probably switch that around and give your DD the sleeper chair and your DS the sofa bed. The OKW living rooms are huge, so no problem having both beds out at night.

PS, did you see that I answered your query about OKW layouts?
Old 01-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #2389
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm booking a very last minute 2 BR at OKW for next week I've been trying to do some very quick research Can anyone suggest a good room location? I have 4 little ones, so I think I'll try to request a ground floor. We won't have a car and I don't necessarily need to be close to the HH. I would like to be near a good bus stop. I'm kind of confused on the bus route. I don't want to get on too early because I get motion sickness while on the buses, but I don't want to get on too late where we might have to stand. I doubt we'll be using the pool much if at all. Thanks for any help!

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
Old 01-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #2390
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
Hi! I'm booking a very last minute 2 BR at OKW for next week I've been trying to do some very quick research Can anyone suggest a good room location? I have 4 little ones, so I think I'll try to request a ground floor. We won't have a car and I don't necessarily need to be close to the HH. I would like to be near a good bus stop. I'm kind of confused on the bus route. I don't want to get on too early because I get motion sickness while on the buses, but I don't want to get on too late where we might have to stand. I doubt we'll be using the pool much if at all. Thanks for any help!
We were there from Dec 20 to Dec 26 and stayed in building 14, right across from the HH....so we were the last to be picked up on the way out to the parks. We never had to stand, but we were the last to be dropped off on the way back from the parks. We would get off at the 1st stop coming back and walk over to our building...it wasn't that far. Though you do have to book the HH section early and it's a seperate booking than all other OKW sections (and HH gets booked up). We found the HH section to be busy and noisy. We stayed in the Turtle Pond section before and that was more serene. But, if I were to pick a building now, I would pick 45, 46 or 55 as they are on the canal and you can watch the boats go by. There is also a bus stop right there and a quiet pool. The Millers Pond area is the bus stop right before the HH, on the way out to the parks. They have a quiet pool too. Building 19 is right by bus stop and quiet pool. Here is the map (the bus route order going to parks is is Peninsular, Turtle Pond, South Point, Millers Rd and then HH. It's reverse coming in).

http://dadsguidetodisneyworld.com/do...resort-map.jpg
Old 01-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #2391
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Thank you lovin'fl! I appreciate the information!

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
Old 01-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #2392
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Just did online check-in!!!

One week....

Please someone make it go faster.......................
Old 01-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #2393
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Just did online check-in!!!

One week....

Please someone make it go faster.......................

Enjoy your trip!
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp, 14-AOA/BCV/OKW,
14-CBR
Old 01-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #2394
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
We were there from Dec 20 to Dec 26 and stayed in building 14, right across from the HH....so we were the last to be picked up on the way out to the parks. We never had to stand, but we were the last to be dropped off on the way back from the parks. We would get off at the 1st stop coming back and walk over to our building...it wasn't that far. Though you do have to book the HH section early and it's a seperate booking than all other OKW sections (and HH gets booked up). We found the HH section to be busy and noisy. We stayed in the Turtle Pond section before and that was more serene. But, if I were to pick a building now, I would pick 45, 46 or 55 as they are on the canal and you can watch the boats go by. There is also a bus stop right there and a quiet pool. The Millers Pond area is the bus stop right before the HH, on the way out to the parks. They have a quiet pool too. Building 19 is right by bus stop and quiet pool. Here is the map (the bus route order going to parks is is Peninsular, Turtle Pond, South Point, Millers Rd and then HH. It's reverse coming in).

http://dadsguidetodisneyworld.com/do...resort-map.jpg
Have they changed the bus route When we were there, it went Peninsular Road, South Point Road, Turtle Pond Road, Miller's Road and Hospitality House

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Old Key West
Old 01-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #2395
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittig View Post
Have they changed the bus route When we were there, it went Peninsular Road, South Point Road, Turtle Pond Road, Miller's Road and Hospitality House
I think you are both talking about the same bus route.

We did the same thing when we stayed HH. We would catch the bus just as it left the resort (at the HH) and we'd get off at Peninsular Rd when it came back after the parks and would walk to our room (a bit farther than the HH stop was for us).

We even would walk up to the HH while we stayed near Peninsular and fill our mugs and hang out and then catch the bus as it left and then be the first stop when we came back "home".

It worked great.

I actually am a huge fan of the HH area and of the Peninsular Rd culdesac. Love being close to the shop and the main pool. Even in cooler weather, I'd choose it to be close to the shop, and close to Olivia's and Community Hall.
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp, 14-AOA/BCV/OKW,
14-CBR
Old 01-13-2012, 03:10 AM   #2396
NicolaFred
Earning My Ears

Hi guys. I am wondering if anyone knows any of the backstory for the resort? I know a few little things like the library in hospitality house being papa's den but not much else. Would really love to know the backstory!!

I know Port Orleans has a very detailed back story (and that seems to be the only resort) but I know OKW has some cool associated stories. Any help would be great...

Thanks
Old 01-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #2397
nappingbeauty
Mouseketeer

Do all of the dedicated two bedrooms at OKW have the larger patios?
Old 01-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #2398
TheIncredibles!
Winner (?) of the Crazy MIL Award!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittig View Post
This how the route was when we were there 12/9 - 12/19. South Point before Turtle Pond.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #2399
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmillerbarilla View Post

Enjoy your trip!
Thanks!
Old 01-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #2400
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappingbeauty View Post
Do all of the dedicated two bedrooms at OKW have the larger patios?
Lockoff two bedroom villas have the small square patio off the second bedroom and the larger patio with the round table and four chairs. The dedicated have pretty much the same, but no smaller patio off the second bedroom.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: