DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #2251
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We were there two weeks ago and did not pay for wi-fi (we used a DVC members points and I had my computer on 24 hours a day).
Old 10-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #2252
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethanyF View Post
Awesome Old Key West photos

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 12/20/14 Christmas Magic 4/17/15 Pop Century

Last edited by mlittig; 10-15-2011 at 12:32 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2011, 12:29 AM   #2253
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundytrail View Post
Does anyone know if OKW will receive the free WiFi being turned on at some other resorts as of today?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2816871
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post
Just talked to OKW and they said that it isn't available there yet. They are phasing the different resorts in and OKW doesn't have a date yet. The Contemporary is the lastest to get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundytrail View Post
http://wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Walt-Dis...orts-today.htm

Free 'in-room' wireless internet starting at most Walt Disney World Resorts today
Oct 14, 2011

One of the most requested Walt Disney World Resort wishes is coming true from today. FREE Wireless "in-room" internet access will be available for the following resorts beginning today.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
It is working GREAT!! We are here now and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! we had know idea they were going to offereing it and called yesterday to have hotspot added to our iphones. We are going to call tomarrow to see if we are able to cancel it.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:56 AM   #2254
Bunless
Mouseketeer

Sauna

When we were at OKW a year ago, I could never get the sauna (lighthouse) to get hot. Is this normal? We're going again in two weeks and I am curious if I'll be able to get my sauna time.

December '06 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
Fall '07 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1617056
February '08 Wilderness Lodge http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
January '09 Disneyland http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2075224
February/March '09 Grand Californian http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134228
October 2009 Grand Californian, January 2010 Eastern Caribbean/Vero Beach, February 2011 Old Key West, October 2011 Food and Wine/Old Key West, February 2012 Aulani, July 2012 Alaska Cruise,
December 2012 Saratoga Springs, February 2013, Saratoga Springs, July 2013 Mediterranean Cruise
Old 10-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #2255
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

We'll be taking the family in June and staying in a two bedroom, can anyone tell me what size bed the living room couch pull out is?

Thanks
Old 10-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #2256
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHeg View Post
We'll be taking the family in June and staying in a two bedroom, can anyone tell me what size bed the living room couch pull out is?

Thanks
The sofabed is a queen-size. We were there in March and our granddaughters slept on it and said it was comfy. There is also a twin sleeper chair in the living room as well but we didn't use it.

Have fun, I am sure you will enjoy OKW.

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Old 10-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #2257
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
It is working GREAT!! We are here now and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! we had know idea they were going to offereing it and called yesterday to have hotspot added to our iphones. We are going to call tomarrow to see if we are able to cancel it.
Glad to know it is working at OKW. I called yesterday afternoon and was told by the front desk staff that wifi was not available.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #2258
stitchfan18
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a link that they can share to either a post in this thread, or another website that explains how the buses at OKW run? I've been totally slacking off on planning for our trip in January, and I remember being confused about buses during my last trip (I ended up at MK once instead of the bus stop by the building I was in ) Just want to make sure I understand so I can educate the rest of our party before we go.
Thanks!

Old 10-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #2259
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchfan18 View Post
Does anyone have a link that they can share to either a post in this thread, or another website that explains how the buses at OKW run? I've been totally slacking off on planning for our trip in January, and I remember being confused about buses during my last trip (I ended up at MK once instead of the bus stop by the building I was in ) Just want to make sure I understand so I can educate the rest of our party before we go.
Thanks!
Buses to all parks come into the resort and stop first at Peninsular Road to allow guests off and on. The second stop is South Point, the third stop is Old Turtle Pond, then on to Miller's Road and the last stop is Hospitality House. All buses leave Hospitality House for their marked park. There is also an internal bus that keeps making the loop from HH to each of the others in the same order reported, except that HH is on both ends instead of just the last one. DTD buses also will stop at HH both first and last.

SOOOO... If you are going to a park, hop on that bus, and you will get there, If you are going to anywhere within OKW, you have to be cognizant of the where you are in the order of the stops...
Peninsular Road
South Point
Turtle Pond
Miller's
HH.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #2260
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
Glad to know it is working at OKW. I called yesterday afternoon and was told by the front desk staff that wifi was not available.
Same thing here. Evidently not all CM are aware of it. We were at AKV in August and when I asked they said it was available in Kadani while sitting in the lobby saw others using it. Sure wish everyone would be on the same page.

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
Old 10-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #2261
Brenle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Buses to all parks come into the resort and stop first at Peninsular Road to allow guests off and on. The second stop is South Point, the third stop is Old Turtle Pond, then on to Miller's Road and the last stop is Hospitality House. All buses leave Hospitality House for their marked park. There is also an internal bus that keeps making the loop from HH to each of the others in the same order reported, except that HH is on both ends instead of just the last one. DTD buses also will stop at HH both first and last.

SOOOO... If you are going to a park, hop on that bus, and you will get there, If you are going to anywhere within OKW, you have to be cognizant of the where you are in the order of the stops...
Peninsular Road
South Point
Turtle Pond
Miller's
HH.
That helps me out, too. We're heading to OKW for the very first time this November - 25 days to be exact. Can't wait. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #2262
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I found the busses at Old Key West to be terrific

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 12/20/14 Christmas Magic 4/17/15 Pop Century
Old 10-17-2011, 07:18 AM   #2263
stitchfan18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post

Peninsular Road
South Point
Turtle Pond
Miller's
HH.
Thanks, that is very helpful. I'll print it out to keep handy on our trip!

Old 10-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #2264
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

Hey all...are you at OKW for Xmas season...Join in the fun share a Christmas tree. I donated one and had a blast getting ornaments in theme...I noticed that the tree will be sitting in the luggage room from Nov 20 until Dec 19...it will be lonely without a family to look after it. Write Mr Shiney....I know there has to be OKW lovers staying during this time!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #2265
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Thanks to a great DIS friend here, I get to go back for a "girls" trip with her and her daughters, and I get to go back to OKW which we loved in September.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: