DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #1636
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

VWL owner that is loving OKW

Hey folks

We just returned from a week at OKW. 2 nights in a studio, 5 in a 1 bed. Our 1st stay at OKW wasnt so magical has we had noise issues and such. But 2nd time was a charm! We were in TP area, loved the room size, esp. the 1 bed. Loved conv. to car. Loved peacefulness of OKW, felt so at ease form moment we walked in room.
Big thanks to dianeschlit for giving us heads up about layout of TP, SP 1 beds to those near HH.
Now a question...can I join your lovers thread? Promise, no OKW bashing coming from me, only love
Old 03-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #1637
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Hey folks

We just returned from a week at OKW. 2 nights in a studio, 5 in a 1 bed. Our 1st stay at OKW wasnt so magical has we had noise issues and such. But 2nd time was a charm! We were in TP area, loved the room size, esp. the 1 bed. Loved conv. to car. Loved peacefulness of OKW, felt so at ease form moment we walked in room.
Big thanks to dianeschlit for giving us heads up about layout of TP, SP 1 beds to those near HH.
Now a question...can I join your lovers thread? Promise, no OKW bashing coming from me, only love
Sure you can join the thread. BUT, do you like OKW better than VWL? Or is your heart still at VWL?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #1638
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Please post pictures! Do you remember what building you were in? I'll be there in October!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #1639
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Sure you can join the thread. BUT, do you like OKW better than VWL? Or is your heart still at VWL?
Deb, I appreciate you letting me in your group. I have to admit though, my heart will always be true to VWL, but with Ranger Stan no longer there, I have reason to branch out and try more DVC resorts. OKW I can say in all honesty ranks right up there at a very close 2nd and in a tie with BWV.

OKW reminds me so much of the peaceful tranquility that VWL provides. 2 totally diff. resorts, but having a very special draw that I feel I was blinded by as being an owner of another resort during the 1st stay. Great thing about that 1st stay, it inspired me to buy more pts.

You know, I always feel I should take the opportunity to thank those 1st OKW owners, you know who you are, the ones who had the foresight to take the plunge. You helped pave a path for many yrs. of happiness for lots of owners. Thank you!
Old 03-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #1640
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78 View Post
Please post pictures! Do you remember what building you were in? I'll be there in October!
Here you go..Studio was in Bldg. 38, TP area

Old 03-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #1641
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

One bedroom pics

These were from Bldg. 39, TP area

Old 03-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #1642
margitmouse
Mouseketeer

LOVE building 38! First stay in a 1 BR.... we were WOWed, and even more happy(if that were possible!) that we bought at OKW.

Member Since March 2010 ... and adding on!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #1643
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by margitmouse View Post
LOVE building 38! First stay in a 1 BR.... we were WOWed, and even more happy(if that were possible!) that we bought at OKW.
Some owners I know dont like TP area as it is a bit far removed from HH area, plus buses take awhile to get there. But I prefer it. We drive around WDW a lot, so transportation not much issue. Being closer to HH would be nice, but I still really like TP area. And bldg. 38 is nice. I like the views of golf course from there.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #1644
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Some owners I know dont like TP area as it is a bit far removed from HH area, plus buses take awhile to get there. But I prefer it. We drive around WDW a lot, so transportation not much issue. Being closer to HH would be nice, but I still really like TP area. And bldg. 38 is nice. I like the views of golf course from there.
I'm glad to learn of someone else who prefers the TP area. I'm more a fan of bldgs 30-33, but I'll stay in any of them rather than Miller's Road.
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (3); 2013: OKW (3); UPCOMING TRIPS:- 2014: BLT & Kidani - March; GFV - Sept; OKW - December
Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #1645
dmoore22
Old Rock n' Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBea View Post
I'm glad to learn of someone else who prefers the TP area. I'm more a fan of bldgs 30-33, but I'll stay in any of them rather than Miller's Road.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #1646
CocosMeme
DIS Veteran

Just booked today for October and requested TP area because we were looking for quiet with a peaceful view. Got the idea from reading this thread. We are adult only and will have a car. Besides we like to walk and the resort plan looks like a nice place to go for a hike! We will be in a 1 bedroom.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #1647
Jaybrad
Old Disney Dude

???

We will be staying at OKW the first two weeks in May. I talked to the front desk there this am. The CM told me that all buildings have not been refurbished. Can anyone tell me which buildings have been refurbished and which ones are in the process of being refurbished? Thanks Much.

244 Days @ WDW since 1973 and still counting. Hope to get 365!!

Don't drink the Beverly!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #1648
WDWMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBea View Post
We feel the same extact way about your whole post

"Everybody's got a boat upon the ocean, but not everybody's sailing out to sea." K. Loggins
Old 03-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #1649
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocosMeme View Post
Just booked today for October and requested TP area because we were looking for quiet with a peaceful view. Got the idea from reading this thread. We are adult only and will have a car. Besides we like to walk and the resort plan looks like a nice place to go for a hike! We will be in a 1 bedroom.
The walk to HH is a nice one. Love walking in the morning up and back from TP area.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #1650
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybrad View Post
We will be staying at OKW the first two weeks in May. I talked to the front desk there this am. The CM told me that all buildings have not been refurbished. Can anyone tell me which buildings have been refurbished and which ones are in the process of being refurbished? Thanks Much.
This is crazy. We just returned from OKW (HH area, 2br) on Sat. 3/19. When we checked in at OKW the Bellman who delivered our luggage told us that the last villa was completed the week before. If they are not completely renovated I believe most of them are so your chances of getting a renovated one are high. Just a suggestion, I would nicely request a renovated villa when checking in and if you can check-in early that would increase your chances. Good luck!

Upcoming:

BWVs - 12/14-12/19
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: