DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #1591
joandegennaro
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNed View Post
I'm the OP from this old thread. Everything worked out great for us. We ended up in building 56 1st floor(which ended up better than 2nd with my knee issues) corner unit. The vegatation wasn't too bad outside the window and we overlooked the playground at the SouthPoint pool from the balconey. Just the size of the room was much better than what we were used to at CBR. This time around being familar with the area will be a big plus.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #1592
BobNed

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE4DISNEY View Post
Looking back through my older posts I found that it is studio #1416. Now I am feeling delusional . . .and not for the first time. The vegetation must have just been massive because it was extremely dark.
But, you weren't delusional nor did you imagine it! You didn't have a window in building 14.
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #1593
ABE4DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNed View Post
But, you weren't delusional nor did you imagine it! You didn't have a window in building 14.
Thank you!! Thank you!! I am not delusional. . .at least not over this topic.

To me, it really did change the whole feel of the studio and creeped me out. I would not want to stay there, and I LOVE OKW.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #1594
gflorane
Earning My Ears

Hello all,

We will be arriving in Disney this Saturday for an entire week. We are staying at OKW in a 2 bedroom. Never stayed there before, so I don't know what to expect. We usually stay at Coranado Springs, but this trip I wanted more room to spread out in. Can anyone tell me if the Internet in OKW is wired or wireless? I've read that they have renovated the resort and wasn't sure if they have wireless in the rooms. The reason I ask, is that one of my laptops needs to be wired. Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #1595
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gflorane View Post
Hello all,

We will be arriving in Disney this Saturday for an entire week. We are staying at OKW in a 2 bedroom. Never stayed there before, so I don't know what to expect. We usually stay at Coranado Springs, but this trip I wanted more room to spread out in. Can anyone tell me if the Internet in OKW is wired or wireless? I've read that they have renovated the resort and wasn't sure if they have wireless in the rooms. The reason I ask, is that one of my laptops needs to be wired. Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
its wired.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #1596
joandegennaro
DIS Veteran

Location Help Please.

Ok so I am aware that I will get all sorts of ideas on what is best at OKW. Here is our "ideal location" We stayed last year in building 56 studio ground floor right beside the South Point pool. This is where we would like to be again. Now given that last year was our first stay at OKW we really don't have anything else to compare it to.

We like to away from the business of the main pool and HH. Want to be as close to a quiet pool as possible. Would like to be away from the bus stops and bus noise (we drive so only MK buses for us) Have heard that certain buildings back onto main roads that have alot of early morning noise (traveling with teenagers) This trip is more of a relax, sleep in, hang by the pool kind of trip. Any other location from South Point area recommended?

Diane: I consider you an OKW expert so would love to hear your recommendations. If I remember you are a fan of buildings 45 and 46. What is the walk like to the quiet pool from these buildings?

Deb and Bill: I also take your recommendations on all things OKW seriously. Care to share your ideas?
Old 03-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #1597
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandegennaro View Post
Ok so I am aware that I will get all sorts of ideas on what is best at OKW. Here is our "ideal location" We stayed last year in building 56 studio ground floor right beside the South Point pool. This is where we would like to be again. Now given that last year was our first stay at OKW we really don't have anything else to compare it to.

We like to away from the business of the main pool and HH. Want to be as close to a quiet pool as possible. Would like to be away from the bus stops and bus noise (we drive so only MK buses for us) Have heard that certain buildings back onto main roads that have alot of early morning noise (traveling with teenagers) This trip is more of a relax, sleep in, hang by the pool kind of trip. Any other location from South Point area recommended?

Diane: I consider you an OKW expert so would love to hear your recommendations. If I remember you are a fan of buildings 45 and 46. What is the walk like to the quiet pool from these buildings?

Deb and Bill: I also take your recommendations on all things OKW seriously. Care to share your ideas?
Well, I am not Diane, Deb, or Bill but I am going to give you me 2 cents...

We have taken teens with us and I have found the best place to be in buildings 37, 36 (close to turtle pond pool which we have never found to be over crowded.), building 46 is nice with a view of the river, and we also enjoyed buildings 47 or 48. I think they all give you a good view, not too much noise, close to pools, and have some proximity to the bus stops.

We have been in building 29 and really disliked it...lots of noise and not a great view at all. We have also stayed in 64 and 63 and really did not care too much for them. One building we haven't stayed in is 25, which I would like to at some point....nice and cozy in the cul-de-sac.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Enjoy your trip.

Cheryl
Old 03-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #1598
joandegennaro
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
Well, I am not Diane, Deb, or Bill but I am going to give you me 2 cents...

We have taken teens with us and I have found the best place to be in buildings 37, 36 (close to turtle pond pool which we have never found to be over crowded.), building 46 is nice with a view of the river, and we also enjoyed buildings 47 or 48. I think they all give you a good view, not too much noise, close to pools, and have some proximity to the bus stops.

We have been in building 29 and really disliked it...lots of noise and not a great view at all. We have also stayed in 64 and 63 and really did not care too much for them. One building we haven't stayed in is 25, which I would like to at some point....nice and cozy in the cul-de-sac.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Enjoy your trip.

Cheryl
Ahh you are another one who's OKW wisdom I was hoping to get. Couldn't remember the name but remember the kids in the bubbles and I believe a wedding renewal toast pictures. Thanks for giving your 2 cents. Will take all advise offered. Thanks for taking the time.

Joan
Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #1599
WDWMom
DIS Veteran

Never stayed in South Pointe area, but have stayed in 35, 36 and 37. All were quiet from what I remember and close to Turtle Pond Pool. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

"Everybody's got a boat upon the ocean, but not everybody's sailing out to sea." K. Loggins
Old 03-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #1600
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:

We also are fans of Bldg 45 and 46. We stayed in Bldg 55 on the ground floor in a one bedroom villa closest to the pool. It was very quiet because there was bamboo all around that end of the pool. We had a nice view of the Trumbo Canal. 45 and 46 have less growth around the building than 55 and nice views of the Trumbo Canal.

If you request a Trumbo Canal view, you might get any of these four buildings.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #1601
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gflorane View Post
.....Can anyone tell me if the Internet in OKW is wired or wireless? .....
It's wired. but you can bring your own wireless router.
HTH

Old 03-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #1602
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

we love bldg 23 through 26. we like the first bus stop and the views. the ony bldg i stayed at and can say i hate is bldg 11. by the way, i made our resi for sept 27th, departing oct 8th today at okw. it will be our 15th stay in 12 years. its just dw and i this trip, our dd grad.from high school this june and will be off on aug 26th for coll. anyone going to be down at okw at that time and want to meet up for a "dis meet and a picture" just let me know! the disdads get meets set up on all the trips and now the 2000 plus mile thread is doing it. it fun meeting the people you talk to on line in person.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #1603
joandegennaro
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
We also are fans of Bldg 45 and 46. We stayed in Bldg 55 on the ground floor in a one bedroom villa closest to the pool. It was very quiet because there was bamboo all around that end of the pool. We had a nice view of the Trumbo Canal. 45 and 46 have less growth around the building than 55 and nice views of the Trumbo Canal.

If you request a Trumbo Canal view, you might get any of these four buildings.
We were in building 56 and had originally asked for 55. How far is the walk from buildings 45 and 46 (will be lugging laundry) to the pool area as we stay in a studio.

My concern is that the buildings I asked for on my request (56, 55, and the two behind can't remember the numbers) are still listed as not refirbed. We don't need a refirbed room just wanted that location and are concerned they will be in process while we are down there.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #1604
dmoore22
Old Rock n' Roller

Quote:
We were in building 56 and had originally asked for 55. How far is the walk from buildings 45 and 46 (will be lugging laundry) to the pool area as we stay in a studio.

My concern is that the buildings I asked for on my request (56, 55, and the two behind can't remember the numbers) are still listed as not refirbed. We don't need a refirbed room just wanted that location and are concerned they will be in process while we are down there.
We stayed in a studio in 46 last year for Star Wars Weekends. The interior was refurbished in that it had the granite tops, the dark wood head boards, and the new carpeting. Unlike the other studio refurb we stayed in it did not have the roman shades and the Ethernet hook up was still by the table. We are not fans of the roman shades. They're just not user friendly. As far as the walk to the pool area it wasn't bad at all. However we weren't carrying laundry.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #1605
carolinadj
Mouseketeer

Will always love OKW

Just bought BLT but OKW will always be first in my heart!

A member of DVC since the first year!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: