DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #1531
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmps108 View Post
Anyone have feedback on the sofa and chair beds in the referbished units? We are going in June with 9 people (2 bedroom) and my husband and I get the sofa and our daughter gets the chair. I was just wondering what we should be prepared for. I thought I read somewhere that you could request a foam topper? Or am I nuts? Thanks!
Just got home today....

The mattress on the sofa is thin, but my girls are 8 and 4, so they had no complaints. The mattress on the new chair is foam and very soft. My son loved the chair!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865060

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
Old 01-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #1532
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

The chair bed has a thicker foam mattress than the sofa bed. My granddaughter loved the chair bed. My daughter slept on the sofa bed. She asked for and got two foam toppers from housekeeping. They are twin size so you have to put two together on the queen sofa bed.
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #1533
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

Just wondering what type of floors are in the renovated studios? I'm assuming carpet since they serve as the 2nd bedroom in the 2 bedroom lock off units, but I could be totally off base. Thanks!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #1534
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom3 View Post
Just wondering what type of floors are in the renovated studios? I'm assuming carpet since they serve as the 2nd bedroom in the 2 bedroom lock off units, but I could be totally off base. Thanks!
I'm sitting in a newly renovated studio as I write this. It's goldish brown carpet. The room is nicely decorated.

Now if my luggage would get here my life would be perfect.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Old 01-30-2011, 06:38 PM   #1535
edk35
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to pop in and say that we loved the 2br refurb we stayed in for 6 nights. We returned on Thursday night Jan. 21st. We were in bldg. 20 unit 2032 Millers Road area, on the third floor. We loved the view of the quiet pool and we were close to the bus stop. This was our 3rd time staying at OKW. We were there in July 2008 for 8 nights and again in Jan. 09 for 6 nights and loved it. We love staying at OKW...love the atmosphere.

My husband said he could go to OKW and just enjoy the resort and DTD area and never step into a park.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
Old 01-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #1536
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
I'm sitting in a newly renovated studio as I write this. It's goldish brown carpet. The room is nicely decorated.

Now if my luggage would get here my life would be perfect.
Thanks for the response. Have a great trip!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:03 AM   #1537
mom2t
Mouseketeer

Just returned on Saturday from 9 days - I building 46 on the bottom. My parents went with us. We moved the LR chair into the master for my son to sleep on. He is 8 and was afraid to sleep in a strange room. We loved it. Will go back to OKW if we have the opportunity to return to DW. I do agree that some of the large appliances need to be replaced. Other than that we were pleased. I did feel the crowds were larger than what we saw 3 years ago at the same time. We stopped the magic hours after Monday and went to alternate parks. Ex. if magic hours on Animal Kingdom on Monday we went there on Tuesday. Very rude US tourists -extremely polite out of the US tourists. Heard more foreign languages than English.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:30 PM   #1538
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2t View Post
Just returned on Saturday from 9 days - I building 46 on the bottom. My parents went with us. We moved the LR chair into the master for my son to sleep on. He is 8 and was afraid to sleep in a strange room. We loved it. Will go back to OKW if we have the opportunity to return to DW. I do agree that some of the large appliances need to be replaced. Other than that we were pleased. I did feel the crowds were larger than what we saw 3 years ago at the same time. We stopped the magic hours after Monday and went to alternate parks. Ex. if magic hours on Animal Kingdom on Monday we went there on Tuesday. Very rude US tourists -extremely polite out of the US tourists. Heard more foreign languages than English.
Your problem was doing the EMH. We avoided all the EMH parks, and we had almost no crowds anywhere at all last week. We didn't even bother to get fast passes at very many rides...no need.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:33 PM   #1539
dianeschlicht

Here is a copy of my review of the renovated GV we stayed in last week. You can read the entire thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread....607540&page=13 if you wish also.

Okay, so I gave my views on the 1-2 bedroom renovations after our December trip, so here is my review of the Grand Villa renos after our trip last week.

First of all, let me say I was very happy they kept the REAL hardwood floors here! They had been refinished to match the color that they used for the vinyl flooring in the 1&2 bedroom units, but it was still the real wood, and very nicely refinished. In fact, it looked much like the refinish they did at the HH lobby floor.

I thought the colors in the GV were a bit bland. The pale pale yellow looked a bit stark and uninteresting with white crown molding etc. They did paint one accent wall in the dining room, making it match the fabric on the dining chairs. The master bedroom was just as bland as the living room too. There was a little darker gold color on the wall behind the bed, but it just looked very sterile and uninteresting to me.

LOVED the rug in the living room! I liked that it was larger and didn't just look like a postage stamp under the coffee table like the 1&2 bedroom units did. It really was a perfect match for the fabric on the sofas.

I also liked the new fabrics on the cushions of the wicker chairs, and was happy to see they kept those!

Now for the "what the heck were they thinking" parts of the GV renovations.

We stayed in this exact same unit 5 years ago. That was the last time we stayed in a GV, and the issues we had then were still there....only worse. We had terrible issues on that trip with cupboard doors not fitting correctly and a broken dishwasher rack that kept falling apart. That same broken dishwasher was still there, and the rollers were still falling off of the bottom rack. On top of that, you couldn't put the door all the way down, so the rack could not be pulled out all the way for loading and unloading. They did manage to replace the broken latch handle or at least repair it by painting some of that rubbery stuff they use to coat tool handles. All in all, that dishwasher needed replacing last time we were there 5 years ago, and it has definitely outlived its usefulness now! On top of all that, the cupboard doors were falling off their hinges, and the drawers on either side of the stove stuck and couldn't easily be opened and closed because they had jammed the stove into a spot that was too small for it. The drawers stuck on the sides because of the improper size of the opening for the stove. The fridge was not only old, but was a "left handed" opening fridge in a right hand facing kitchen....VERY inconvenient to say the least.

Why did they not replace these worn out cabinets and appliances????? It just made the renovation look like it had never been done.

The other disappointing thing was that they didn't refinish the banister. They did paint the spindles on it, but the banister was still a very worn "pickled" wood finish like the cabinets. Again....it gave it a "needs to still be renovated" look. Our guests (who also own at OKW) couldn't see anything that had been renovated other than the counter tops. They said that their other timeshares have always done complete renovations every 10 years, and they were very disappointed in the look of the "new" OKW.

On the plus side, the Jacuzzi tub had been resurfaced, and it was very well done with a new non-slip surface. In fact, I laughed that I had to lift my butt up off the bottom to move because it wouldn't let me slide!

Last edited by dianeschlicht; 01-31-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #1540
mom2t
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Your problem was doing the EMH. We avoided all the EMH parks, and we had almost no crowds anywhere at all last week. We didn't even bother to get fast passes at very many rides...no need.
That is what we realized after Monday. I have always done the EMHs but not any more.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #1541
dianeschlicht

We quit doing EMH in the morning years ago. If we do them, we just go for that hour and then leave for another park to enjoy the lower crowds. EMH in the evening is a different story, since they usually are longer than an hour. They do, however, still impact that park negatively. That is especially true on Friday's when it is EMH evening for Epcot. It seems folks go there and stay all day and through the EMH there. I usually try not to go to Epcot on Fridays.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #1542
okwjim
Earning My Ears

I agree.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #1543
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by okwjim View Post
I agree.
LOL, looks like you'll have to agree 40 more times to get that post count up there! Not sure what you are agreeing with here.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #1544
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
LOL, looks like you'll have to agree 40 more times to get that post count up there! Not sure what you are agreeing with here.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #1545
stitchfan18
DIS Veteran

I'm in need of some advice about the larger units at OKW please! We're hoping to book a GV on Saturday for next January, but I'm so scared that we won't be able to get it since we're going during marathon weekend. We want the GV so we can all be together as a family. There are 8 adults, and 2 kids (3 & 2) in our party. It looks like we could do a 2 bedroom if we wanted to as well. I know the OKW units are typically larger, so if we can't get the GV, would you recommend booking just a 2 bedroom in order to stay together, or would that be super crowded?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: