Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
Katiebell
Seriously *Ahem*

WPE Westside vs WPE Marketplace?

Is there any difference in the menus or quality? We have an afternoon planned at DTD (DisneyQuest, La Nouba, Raglan Road for late dinner, Pleasure Island until closing). I had planned CS lunch at WPE or Earl of Sandwich (which is so highly recommended), but then I saw how far the Marketplace is from the Westside -- seems like since Disney Quest is right near La Nouba, and then PI is sort of in the middle, it makes more sense to eat lunch at WPE on the Westside. Has anyone eaten at both places for a comparison?
Katiebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
Katiebell
Seriously *Ahem*

I'm going to bump this just one time to see if anyone has an answer...if not, then I guess it will remain a mystery! If anyone knows...TIA
Katiebell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
jackmac
Mouseketeer

I've had dinner at the WP Cafe Express in West Side and found it to be delightful. Staff was attentive and the food was excellent. A very enjoyable table service meal. You sit in a nice room overlooking the water.

I've never had lunch at WPExpress in Downtown Disney because it's more of a fast food type place. There is counter service, not table service, the tables are fast food type tables etc. I'm sure that the food is equally as good and a little bit less expensive.

It is a bit of a walk, but not that bad. I believe that the Earl of Sandwich is also over there. So if it's a hot day and no one wants to walk the extra distance; then the price difference may be worth it, especially since you'll be in air conditioned comfort.

By the way, Raglan Rd. is lots of fun, get there around 8 PM for the start of the entertainment. The dancers start around 8:45 or so (except Sunday, no dancers and only a folk singer, but he's very good).
jackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #4
alyssa810
It's much more fun on the boat
Must have creme brulee

We really like WPE, but we've only eaten at the Marketplace, since my DH is spending most of our DTD time at the Pin Traders! We've eaten at the regular WPC too, and we really like that as well.
annual trips since 1997! some highlights: 1st trip Feb 1985**1st onsite WL 11/2002: ENGAGED @ MK**Honeymoon @ DLP- NB 4/2004**DVC members and our OKW love affair begins 12/2004**29th b-day@DLH 8/2005**Joel's 1st trip 12/2007 CBR**back to DLP-SL 6/2010**GCV 9/2011 Happy 4th B-day Joel!***ASMu & BCV 9/2012***OKW1/2013***GCH & GCV 2/2014***OKW 2/2015 40+ trips and counting!!

8 Parks in 9 Months (part II)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439987
8 Parks in 9 Months (part III)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post37117909
alyssa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
BadgerBruce
DIS Veteran

My experience has been they don't have the delicious key lime pie at the Marketplace--while I get it every trip at the West Side location. WPE is a really good CS place, we especially love the made-to-order Margherita pizza!
BadgerBruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: