Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #31
Keyser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
As we took the aft elevator, a few of the Microsoft guys on their way to Palo for dinner got on with us. Remember the exchange I heard on Thursday: “This cruise will be horrible. There’s way too many kids on board.”

Tonight’s conversation was: “I wonder what they’re going to do next year. They have to switch cruise lines every year, but none of the other lines are going to be anywhere near as good as Disney.”
As one of the "Microsoft guys" on this cruise (note that most of us were not actually from Microsoft), I do have to say I'm surprised that anyone said anything like "This cruise will be horrible. There's way too many kids on board." There were comments from several people throughout on how much more kid-oriented the cruise was, compared to others that they had been on (this was my first cruise - I don't know the difference!). But, I don't think I heard anyone complain about it the whole time... And, people were regularly commenting on how well-run the cruise itself was during the whole trip!

Thanks for the trip report - I was curious to see how someone who actually got to experience the full cruise found it (and curious about how much impact, if any, our conference had on these other folks)...
Keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:06 AM   #32
TexDisneyMom
Mouseketeer

Thanks for a great report. We will be on the Wonder in 9 days and I am so excited!!!!

DH ME DD DS
Beach Club July 2004; Wilderness Lodge July 2006; Disney Cruise on the Wonder 3-07 & Wilderness Lodge; Polynesian July 2007; Disneyland Pardise Pier March 2008; POFQ March 2009; Disney Cruise on the Magic July 2009 & Beach Club; Beach Club - MNSSHP October 2009; Dolphin - MVMCP December 2009;POFQ - MVMCP December 2010; Polynesian July 2011; POFQ - December 2012; Disneyland December 2013
TexDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #33
manntra
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

What a great storyteller you are! I think somewhere in there that while my first cruise is in August somehow I will be booking another one! Great job!
Old 03-07-2007, 03:16 PM   #34
rylisal
Mouseketeer

This really has been a great read as we were there too!!
I celebrated my 40th Birthday on 22nd in Nassau & yes there are a lot of jewelery shops!! DH just had to buy me a ring!!
Our vacation began & ended in Orlando doing all the parks but the Disney Wonder cruise was definately the highlight of the entire trip!!
I'm very envious of you doing it all over again in Sept, only wish we could too but its a long way from the UK, we will just have to wait a few years to save up the money!!
Thanks for sharing & making the memories all come flooding back for us! x
August 2009 Toronto, Niagara,Chicago,Minneapolis & Winnipeg!
June/July 2010 Orlando...Can't wait!

Sally x
rylisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:43 AM   #35
disneydork
Earning My Ears

Oh my gosh, Mozart, that is the most fun I have ever had not being on a cruise! I loved your report! We are going on our first Disney cruise in May, and I can't wait! Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!

Has anyone out there done the dolphin encounter on Nassau? I'm especially curious about the "observer" option. My Mom and Mother in Law will be with us, and neither one can walk very fast or very far. We usually put them in wheelchairs, but I read that this excursion is not appropriate for strollers or wheelchairs. Is it a long walk? Do we have any chance of getting them there to "observe"?
disneydork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:31 AM   #36
BraMax
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful trip report. We are going on the three day Wonder Cruise Feb 14 next year and now I'm really excited about going. Thanks for the tip about Atlantis. We will have our DS 5 & 7 with us and they love to walk but not that much I'm sure. We'll stick closer to port so that we can go back on board for lunch and snacks. Love this pictures again thank-you for sharing. I was surprised how much they can pack into a 3 day cruise.
Ramada Maingate July '07
Sheraton Park Dec'07
Residence Inn Aug '08
Peacock Suites Feb '09
Disneyland Hotel June '09
Howard Johnson Feb '11
WDW Windsor Hills Aug/Sept '10
Residence Inn May '11
Portofino Jan '12
Grand California Oct '12
BraMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:37 AM   #37
LovableGluttons
See Ya REAL Soon!

Thanks so much for writing this!

You just saved me from booking the Atlantis gig.

That's what I had contemplated booking on a next quick cruise as just being pummeled from attempting to just go shopping was such a miserable experience for us.

I'm starting to think the sting rays or dolphns are looking pretty good! LOL
Old 03-26-2007, 06:47 AM   #38
ashman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydork View Post
Oh my gosh, Mozart, that is the most fun I have ever had not being on a cruise! I loved your report! We are going on our first Disney cruise in May, and I can't wait! Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!

Has anyone out there done the dolphin encounter on Nassau? I'm especially curious about the "observer" option. My Mom and Mother in Law will be with us, and neither one can walk very fast or very far. We usually put them in wheelchairs, but I read that this excursion is not appropriate for strollers or wheelchairs. Is it a long walk? Do we have any chance of getting them there to "observe"?
The trip from the ship to the encounter is on a little ferry that is not the most wheelchair friendly. I think they would try to help and accomodate you but mom and MIL would have to navigate a few stairs on and off the ferry, fromt there it is about 100-200 feet of dock to the obeserving area. There is a short set of stairs that you take to the "briefing" area but your family could stay on the main level and still hear the lecture. It could be done but they would have to move a little. You know them best, just my $.02 worth
Old 04-20-2007, 06:05 PM   #39
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovableGluttons View Post
Thanks so much for writing this!

You just saved me from booking the Atlantis gig.

That's what I had contemplated booking on a next quick cruise as just being pummeled from attempting to just go shopping was such a miserable experience for us.

I'm starting to think the sting rays or dolphns are looking pretty good! LOL

Lovable darlin....

Just fly out of Vegas again... I'm sure it's better!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: