Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Belle1981
Mouseketeer

Back from Disney Trip-Full of Wedding surprises!

Hello all!
I have just gotten home from our Disney trip and let me just tell you how MUCH FUN WE HAD! Holy cow! First of all I met Randy Chapman and he totally lives up to everything you ladies mentioned! We signed the deal and it was truly the OMG moment when we realized that we are getting married!!!!!

I also found THE DRESS. You see I had been looking for the dress here in Toronto and it was IMPOSSIBLE to find therefore after endless phone calls I found one to try on in FLA. The sad part about it is that my mother could not be there to see me try it on. Or so I thought! I was just devastated!!!! I had the dress on and I got tears in my eyes cause I knew it was THE ONE. My MH was there and she too was all emotional...I tried to plead with the people in the store to let me take a picture but she said without buying the dress I could not take a picture. I was so upset since I wanted to show it to my mom one way or another...After one more attempt I looked out the doors and to my surprise in walked both of my parents...I lost it and started crying my eyes out! My parents had flown to Florida for 2 days just to see my in the dress! It was the most special moment of my life! I promise to start my planning journal soon but I wanted to share with you this amazing event!

Also thanks to Cinderella fan I called the Grand Floridian Bakery to get an 8" version of my wedding cake made! It was amazing I promise photos to follow..... Anyhoo that is the scoop from FLA and I just couldn't wait to tell you guys! Talk to you soon
Katie

Belle1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
catmorgan4
Earning My Ears

wow

Your dress is absolutely beautiful! I cant wait to see you in it too! That is such an awesome surprise from your parents!

Cat
catmorgan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
dmslush
If you don't let your dog poop in my yard, I won't let my kid poop in yours!
I like to call mine "Underlilies"
Vanilla fields makes me smell like a Candy Apple!

Oh! How exciting! I can just imagine how fabulous it was when you mom and dad walked in!
Old 02-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
JJClemson
DIS Veteran

Katie, it sounds like you had a great trip That dress is gorgeous! I cannot believe your mom and dad surprised you! I cannot wait to hear more about your trip
JJClemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
beckyb29
Mouseketeer

Wow! What a wonderful story! It's great that things turned out that way! The dress is beautiful!!! So glad to hear you liked Randy...he's the greatest! Can't wait to see pics and hear more about it!
Old 02-25-2007, 05:50 PM   #6
DisneyFairy19
Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been there, Done that, Going Back!!!

Your Dress is sooo BEAUTIFUL....
DisneyFairy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:08 PM   #7
princessdisneybelle
DIS Veteran

Aw how sweet of your parents! What a great thing for them to do. I can't wait to read the rest of your story. Sounds like a magical trip.

Shades of Green Wedding July 2, 2007
Avitar and Signature pic taken by Photography by Taz

Link to my planning journal

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1292064
princessdisneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:37 PM   #8
ForKeeps
DIS Veteran

Oh Katie,

What a wonderful story! I'm glad you had such a great experience. Your dress is to die for. I can't wait to read your planning journal! I'm really excited for you!!!!!
1989 First trip to Disney Off Property 1991 Contemporary Resort 1995 Contemporary Resort 2006 POFQ - Engaged at Disney 2007 POFQ/Grand Floridian Disney Fairy Tale Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion 2008 POFQ/DCL/Contemporary 1st Anniversary Trip
ForKeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Okay, I'm tearing up. Your dress is beautiful. congratulations on all your wedding suprises.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:00 PM   #10
Belle1981
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the great comments! It's so funny the wedding is still pretty far away but it is finally all starting to sink in!!!! I realize the dress is a little over the top but if you can't wear a princess dress in Disney where else can you do it?

I am so lucky to have the most supportive parents in the world! My mom is my best friend and I can't tell you how happy I am to have her and my dad walk me down the asile! She is a 2 time cancer survivor and MY HERO!

The trip was wonderful and it totally reaffirmed why we want to get married at Disney. Once I figure out how to shrink the pictures I will post them. Thank you Dis board family for sharing in my story!

Belle1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:18 PM   #11
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Katie-- Im so glad you met and booked Randy-- isnt he amazing. Had I remembered I would have had you tell him hello for me.. oh well. Hes amazing and you have made a decision you will truely be proud of!

As for your dress--- seriously i LOVE it!! Thats so something I would pick out and very beautiful!! I bet you are so excited now!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:29 AM   #12
dannirose
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful surprise & beautiful dress! Looking forward to reading all about your trip.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:39 AM   #13
Summer-Caitlin
DIS Veteran

Katie, I am so happy for you, I'm so looking forward to you starting your planning journal. Your dress is really beautiful, very elegant and so princessy
It is wonderful that our mom got to see you in your dress. I was really glad that my mom was with me when I picked mine.
It's great you met Randy, and I bet you're ecstatic you have booked him. You will have a wonderful wedding, I can't wait to read your plans

Next trip Nov 2nd-Nov 21 2014 OKW
Summer-Caitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #14
D&R love Disney
DIS Veteran

Katie the dress is GORGEOUS and I jsut about cried when I read your parents walked into the bridal shop! Good luck with all the planning, it's half the fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: