Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2001, 01:38 PM   #1
jreppond

Comfort Suites Resort Maingate East

Does anyone have any good or bad feedback on this one? We are going in six weeks and this one seems to be what we need. Cleanliness is major priority! Thanks.
Old 04-15-2001, 04:58 PM   #2
deena
Mouseketeer

Based on the reviews posted on this site ......

I think you well be very happy with this hotel. I remember hearing from others who stayed there that they had a very nice, enjoyable, and relaxing time vacationg at this resort. Also, I remembering reading here and elsewhere that this hotel is a fairly 'new' property. In case you don't have it their website is www.comfortsuites-orlando.com

I also recall that the guests were very pleased at the entire condition/cleanliness of their rooms along with the quality of the service, so I think you will be fine there. I would suggest doing a quick search on this board (orlando hotels and attractions) by typing in 'comfort suites maingate east' so you can read firsthand about others' replies.

I hope you enjoy your trip!
deena is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2001, 09:03 AM   #3
ALostBoy
Mouseketeer

Hi jreppond,

Welcome to the DIS. There was a mini review
of this property a while back. It sounds like
a good place to stay, especially for families
of 6. Try this link Comfort Suites
Good luck.

ALostBoy
ALostBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 06:42 AM   #4
BSPECIALT
Earning My Ears

COMFORT SUITES MAINGATE EAST

I JUST BOOKED THIS RESORT BECAUSE OF THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK FROM THESE BOARDS. ORIGINALLY HAD RESERVATIONS FOR THE HOMEWOOD SUITES LAKE BUENA VISTA, 71.10 A NITE. I WAS ON THIS BOARD AND SAW A WONDERFUL REVIEW OF THE COMFORT STES MAINGATE EAST. PULLED UP THE WEBSITE AND JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. THE HOTEL ISN'T A YEAR OLD I THINK. GAMEROOM, JACUZZI, BETTER, FUN LOOKING POOL WITH A POOLSIDE BAR, POOL AT HOMEWOOD JUST A REGULAR RECTANGLE. I KNEW MY SON WOULD HAVE MORE FUN IN THIS POOL. MORE SHUTTLES THAN HOMEWOOD, THEY HAVE SHUTTLES TO UNIVERSAL, DISNEY AND SEAWORLD. HOMEWOOD JUST HAD SHUTTLE TO DISNEY PARKS. HAD TO TAKE MEARS FOR 10 PER PERSON TO UNIVERSAL. SAVED IN THIS DEPT. ALSO YOU GET A DELUXE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. SAME AS HOMEWOOD. I DON'T HAVE THE FULL SIZE FRIDGE LIKE AT HOMEWOOD OR A STOVE OR DISHWASHER. BUT THE COMFORT SUITES HAS A MINI KITCHEN WITH SINK, MICROWAVE AND FRIDGE. AND THE BEST PART IS THE PRICE, GOT THE INTERNET RATE FOR 58.50 A NITE FOR AUG 22-28. THE TOTAL FOR 6 NITES CAME TO 405 DOLLARS. THIS INCLUDES TAX AND A 2 DOLLAR A DAY FEE THE HOTEL CHARGES FOR FREE LOCAL CALLS AND IN-ROOM SAFE. NOT BAD AT ALL. ALSO I SIGNED UP FOR THEIR GUEST PRIVELEDGES ONLINE. ITS FREE. YOU CAN GET A FREE UPGRADE UPON CHECK-IN. A LATE CHECK-OUT. WHICH IS GOOD FOR US CAUSE OUR PLANE DOESN'T LEAVE UNTIL 4:00 OUR LAST DAY. WE'LL PROBABLY DO DISNEY QUEST FOR 5 OR 6 HRS ON THE LAST DAY. AS YOU CAN TELL I AM VERY EXCITED. WHEN YOU RETURN PLEASE COME BACK AND POST YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE HOTEL AND THEIR AMENITIES. I'M SURE YOU'LL HAVE A GOOD TIME. :D
BSPECIALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 11:39 AM   #5
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

I am curious how you signed up for "guest privileges". I have been on their website and didn't see anything to sign up for. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place???
threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 04:27 PM   #6
BSPECIALT
Earning My Ears

GUEST PRIVILEDGES

GO INTO www.hotelchoice.com AND YOU SHOULD SEE IT. LOOK FOR SPECIAL PRIVILEDGES. AND YOU WILL SEE GUEST PRIVILEDGE. YOU FILL OUT THE APPLICATION, AND THE NEXT DAY THEY EMAILED ME MY GUEST PRIVILEDGE NUMBER. I WAS ALSO TOLD THEY WILL BE SENDING MY CARD IN THE MAIL. SO I'M LOOKING FOR THAT TO ARRIVE.
BSPECIALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 08:18 AM   #7
Lthouseprincess
Mouseketeer

What are the whirlpool tubs like?
Lthouseprincess is offline   Reply With Quote