Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
jeff318
Mouseketeer

Professional internship interview

Hello,
I have my phone interview for marketing-related professional internships on Sunday. Has anyone gone through this before, and is able to tell me a little bit about what this is like?

Thanks,
Jeff
jeff318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
Lady V
I kept waking up so hot!
I get teary eyed and happy all at the same time!

I haven't but good luck!! Which one are you going for??
-BCV,HRH,AKV,BWV,
2010-BLT, ASSports,ASMusic, AKV, 2011-SSR2012-CBR, DAAR, BCV
2013 -ASMovies, AKV,POP, AKL 2014-SSR,ASSports, Pop
Disney Dream-Jan 2014, Disney Magic-Feb 2014, Disney Magic-April 2014
Lady V is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2007, 12:18 AM   #3
jeff318
Mouseketeer

I sent my resume in for 3 different positions:
Copyright-Travel Industry Marketing Internship
Special Programs Marketing Internship
Disney Cruise Line Internal Communications Intern

Maybe one of them will work out!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:26 AM   #4
sparkellyy
donald<3

good luck!
PoP Century: August 18th, 2007
WDW COLLEGE PROGRAM:
August 27th - Jan 4th!
sparkellyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
ShareADreamComeTrue
Earning My Ears

Congratulations!

If you haven't already interviewed this first interview will probably be just a "are you disney material?" interview. I applied for the Disney Design Group internship and made it past the first interview, now I'm waiting to find out if I get to interview again.

Mine was basic questions. Know why you want to work for disney, and what you strengths are. Be prepared to talk about you!

Smile on the phone. Be enthusiastic, they want you to want to work for them.

And Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff318 View Post
Hello,
I have my phone interview for marketing-related professional internships on Sunday. Has anyone gone through this before, and is able to tell me a little bit about what this is like?

Thanks,
Jeff

January 1994 Surprise Christmas present - All Stars Music • December 2000 - All Stars Music • January 2007 - Pop Century • January 2008 - Pop Century • May 2008 - Disneyland off property (hilton) • January 2009 - Pop Century • May 2009 - Disneyland off property (confort inn) • January 2010 - Pop Century • September 2010 Pop Century • May 2011 - Disneyland off property (hilton) • September 2011 - Pop Century GOT ENGAGED!NEXT TRIP?????
ShareADreamComeTrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:00 PM   #6
jeff318
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShareADreamComeTrue View Post
Congratulations!

If you haven't already interviewed this first interview will probably be just a "are you disney material?" interview. I applied for the Disney Design Group internship and made it past the first interview, now I'm waiting to find out if I get to interview again.

Mine was basic questions. Know why you want to work for disney, and what you strengths are. Be prepared to talk about you!

Smile on the phone. Be enthusiastic, they want you to want to work for them.

And Good Luck!
I had that first interview on Sunday... I guess I'll get a phone call if any of the three internships is interested in me - the person I spoke to said that my information was being passed on, so hopefully that's a good sign. I also need to fill out an application and mail it in.

Good luck to you also!

Jeff
Old 03-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #7
MickyFlick_313
Earning My Ears

I had my disney interview today

i had my phone interview for cast deployment (cds) it was ok but please believe with those questions they asked i broke a sweat lol i was on phone confrence so there were 2 people asking me questions but they are basically questions about your self then wanting to know a lil bit about you and then them briefing you with a job discription das all it wasnt as bad as it seems dont be nervous good luk
MickyFlick_313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #8
Woody's Girl
Communication Planning - Spring PI

Are any of you applying for Communication Planning internships? I think the person who applied for the DDG internship is considered Communication Planning.

I am currently doing an internship in Communication Planning and I just found out that I'm being extended through January.

Let me know how your guys' interviews are going!

getting married on sept. 7, 2007!
Woody's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #9
cls8402
Earning My Ears

Question Any 2nd calls?

How long did it take before you guys heard back for a 2nd interview??? I had my first one Feb 28, and mailed my packet/application to them on March 1. I'm going to lose my mind if I don't hear back shortly!!! I hate uncertainty, and I need to start looking for a backup summer job at home. I know I can't be the only one losing their mind!!!
cls8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #10
Rustyflwr3
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing–that it was all started by a mouse"

Congratulations on getting an interview! It's definitely a long process of interviews so try not to get too anxious! My suggestion for the second interview is to be ready for any types of questions and just be yourself!! Good Luck! I love my internship; Travel Industry Sales!!

January 5th, 2007 - Our move to Orlando, FL

January 13th, 2007 - Our Magical DFTW
Rustyflwr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #11
jeff318
Mouseketeer

I have my second interview on Thursday. Apparently there are three people at Disney who will be participating in the call.

How many interviews could there be?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:06 PM   #12
Rustyflwr3
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing–that it was all started by a mouse"

Generally, you will only have one interview per department, if that's what you mean!

If there are three people involved in the call, it could be the supervisors and a few existing co-workers. I know I had a few of my co workers on the phone when I did my interview!

Old 03-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #13
jeff318
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyflwr3 View Post
Generally, you will only have one interview per department, if that's what you mean!

If there are three people involved in the call, it could be the supervisors and a few existing co-workers. I know I had a few of my co workers on the phone when I did my interview!
You said there was quite a process of interviews, I thought you meant there were more than two. Phew! Any idea how many people they could be considering?
Old 03-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #14
Rustyflwr3

Well, I guess what I meant was that if you are called from other departments and that thw whole process is long! I applied in May, got my first interview in September and then didn't hear anything until November! There is the general screening then I had two or three others from different departments, but only one per!! lol, don't worry!! You will definitely be fine, just be prepared with questions you think that department will ask and just be yourself and try to click with the interviewer! I think it's as much about how you "click" as it is your resume, etc.!!! It all depends on the department with how many others they are considering...I really don't know!

Old 03-27-2007, 08:58 AM   #15
century3
Earning My Ears

I had the strangest interview experience. Disney Design group called me the day after I sent in my portfolio and I had what is typically referrered to as a second interview my first time around. I had two artists talking to me about my work and neither one asked me anything that would be referred to as a typical interview question. During the conversation I asked if I would be getting the more standard "first interview" and they said that DDG didn't do things the typical way so I guess that was it. Anybody else have this happen?
century3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: