Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2001, 08:44 PM   #1
kileybeth
DIS Veteran

Average FAmily of 5~ More on 1st Day

Not being able to check in early, we decided to explore. Drove over to Beach and Yacht Club to walk around boardwalk. A 1st for us. Did have to give photo id and got parking pass for 4 hours but were told we could just check back and get that extended if we wanted too. Hubby is still wearing khaki dockers and flannel dress shirt from work the previous day and kids and I are all in long pants! Welcome to Florida! This turns out to be a very hot week for us!! 80's all week and humid. Needless to say the boardwalk was beautiful (but hot) the pools looked inviting for sure, maybe we will stay here someday! The chirstmas decorations while beautiful where not as elaborate as I had expected but I am told I have very high expectations sometimes! What was there was nice. We found the back entrance to Epcot, looked in all the shoppes, and headed out. Very relaxing but kids want to check in and swim. We had planned to "do the boardwalk" one evening after a park day but after previewing it, decided it wasn't going to be a top priority. A little more exploring, remembering the lay-out of onsite roads, finding Blizzard Beach and the mini golf (checked price $10 for adults and $8 for kids would be $46 for us and no shade, no thanks for this afternoon!) and we end up at DD west side. (another 1st , only have been to market place up until now) It is still only 2Pm and check in is a ways off. We are still hot!! See that Monsters, Inc is playing in theater and decide the rest for our hot bodies in a cool theater would be nice! We loved this movie! And now we can check in, swim, shower and get some dinner. Olive Garden is up to par but way over priced from what we pay at home. Time to take a quick tour of World of Disney store and Lego store and then "home" to bed for an early start tomorrow~~MK!
Old 12-17-2001, 05:56 AM   #2
snuggles
A good day with short lines...what more could you ask for? An attic bathroom!
See ya when you run out of gas

I'm sure that your poor tired bodies will be glad to get some rest. I've heard that Monsters Inc was a great show. Glad you enjoyed it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2001, 05:28 PM   #3
swankybeth
Loves bubble tea!
Got my internship @ WDW!
Her Prince Charming proposed with a glass slipper and rose petals

Sounds like a fun way to start a trip! I'll bet you all loved Monsters Inc--I sure did! :D
Old 12-25-2001, 11:36 AM   #4
nativetxn
Honorary Brit
Everyone loves nativetxn
1967---"Summer of Love" sigh
Rabid bat attack survivor

DISboards Moderator

I love the boardwalk area. It's a lot of fun at night, when the street performers are out and entertaining.

Katholyn

Texas Born, Texas Bred and when I die I'll be Texas Dead
Old 12-26-2001, 10:16 AM   #5
dan-tot
DIS Veteran

Wink monsters inc

I was in vegas two weeks before WDW and I saw Monstrers Inc. It was a good movie. I liked Boo she seemed so real.

Dan-tot
Old 12-26-2001, 10:26 AM   #6
bigsis1970
Celebrating my 45th in Disney 10/10/15! Loves being Honey to the Hubs <3! What 3 trips in 2012! On the way to losing 1/3 of myself !

while we were at DTD

we saw monsters inc too.. AMC theaters Very nice .. GREAT MOVIE

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Oct 9 - 18, 2015 Celebrating 45 Disney Style! Let's Eat Drink and be Happy!!!! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: