Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2007, 12:51 PM   #1
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

The heartbroken and dumped go to Disney

Pre-Trip

So we got back on Friday night and I came home with a cold...I am vegging today and thought I would write up our trip report. I will try to keep the whining to a minimum since it wasn't the happiest trip I have had...

Day 1
I arrived in Orlando last Sunday with a raging sinus migraine. I was determined to make it to dinner though. Arriving was fairly painless. I picked up my Jeep Liberty from Alamo and was on my way to the Boardwalk

My brother and his friends had already checked in so I grabbed my room card and went to drop off my stuff. We had adrs in Italy at 4:30. By the time I made it to EPCOT my headache was worse. We grabbed dinner (lunch) early at around 3:45 and I went straight back to the hotel to sleep. All and all a very uneventful day.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Monday I woke up at around 4:30 a.m. with a slight headache, but had WAY to much sleep. I had told the crew to be ready to leave around 7:15 for EMH at AK...But since this is the trip of bad vacation karma we woke up to NO HOT WATER. We ended leaving around 7:40 and still made it to AK in time for open.

First thing we did was hit up Kilmanjaro. Best safari EVER!! It was pretty cold and all the animals were out. Next up was Everest (awesome as always).

I'm going to stop here for a second and let me just say that the theme throughout the trip was the 3 I was traveling with were not impressed by much. Everything was just ok...they did love Dinosaur and lunch at Tusker House was awesome.

We left around 3ish because they just HAD to go to Walmart...for a camera. By the time we got done and stopped back at the hotel...ok gonna pause again.

For those of you at the Boardwalk on February 5th...I have to apologize...my brother and I have quite the Italian/Irish tempers and got into a huge-2-year-old-temper-tantrum of a fight...over which was faster to walk to EPCOT from our room. He actually started walking back to the hotel until his friends stopped him.

We arrived at dinner about 10 minutes late but were seated no problem. After dinner I met up with an old friend/ex-boyfriend who is now one of the Monsters in the new Laugh Floor Comedy Club at MK. We watched Illuminations and headed back to the hotel.

I have to say no matter how many times I go, I just love EPCOT and Illuminations. It was really great to hang out with an old friend and just be at Disney.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Day 3-

Today was supposed to be MK day...but my bad vacation karma changed my plans. The crew decided we would head to EPCOT for EMH and hit up Soarin and Mission Space.

Soarin was amazing and we rode twice in a row. We then hit up both Innoventions East and West and while doing Fantastic Plastics we were awarded Dream Fast Passes.

BTW, fantastic plastics was a lot of fun. I have walked by it a hundred times and never gone in, but you really should!!

Mission Space (TEAM ORANGE!!) was great and my brothers favorite ride of the trip. We also did Test Track and it was time to head over to the MK.

We had to be to MK by 12:15 since we heard a rumor that my friend Mike would be in a preview show of the Laugh Floor Comedy Club. We grabbed some pretzels and hung out...sure enough at 12:15 the doors opened.

It was really cute...and funny. They are still tweaking it but it was great to see and almost my whole party (except me) ended up on the screen my vacation karma again.

We spent the afternoon in tomorrowland and hit up Pirates too. We had dinner at 'Ohana at 5 p.m.

I love 'Ohana as usuall...and as usual my group wasn't impressed. We made it back to MK in time to meet up with my friend Mike again and watch Spectro and Wishes. It was a great day...if I ignored the whining and moaning from my group.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Day 4

Today was supposed to be a free day but since we hadn't finished MK the night before, we headed back for open. It was a lot of fun. We had breakfast at the Main St Bakery and I got to catch up with one of my buddies from the Dapper Dans.

We spent a better part of the day there and headed back to the hotel for a quick nap (headache again) before going to EPCOT to drink around the world.

Our tour of World Showcase started in Japan. I don't drink beer and would never make it all the way around anyway, but my brother is a big boy. I made him a little pamphlet and he got a signature from a CM in each country plus a picture. I had also given him $100 in Disney dollars for Christmas to do this.

We don't have many pics from the trip, but we do from that night so I will include them.

Here is my brother (the big one ) and his two friends with their Japanese beers.

Here is the group of us in Japan. We did this pic because no one was around, but decided it would be fun to take all our pics like this, lol.

Next up was the American Adventure where I got pooped on by a lovely sea gull (cue bad vacation karma...)
Old 02-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #5
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Italy was next...and my favorite, Bellini!!!

This is my favorite pic of my brother...

Next up was Germany, and no beer for anyone...they did shots of Jager instead

China was next and I tried some Plum wine...tasted a lot like Apple Juice It was really good though!!!

Norway was up next and I have to insert a funny thing that happened earlier when we got our Dream Fast Passes. As the Dream Squad is explaining it to us, my brother shouted out YAY MAELSTROM...it was really funny but I don't think most people got what he was so excited about...haha, we never did go on Maelstrom

By the time we got to Mexico, we were all pretty silly. We had 6:50 adrs at Coral Reef and had one stop to make.

There was a nice guy at the bar there and he asked us to take his pic too...my brother has it on his camera though, but I wonder if it's a diser...
Old 02-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

We had a great dinner at the Coral Reef but by the time we were done, there was no way they were going to finish up 4 countries. So...they ran from Canada to Morocco and grabbed a beer each, getting their signatures as fast as possible.

We finally crashed in Morocco around 9 and the boys finished their beers there. Here are a couple more pics from EPCOT

Old 02-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Thursday was MGM day. I left a bit before everyone (another fight, lol) and wandered around MGM alone. It was nice, and not too busy.

When the rest of the group finally arrived we started with Indy. I encouraged my brother and Andy to volunteer to be extras.

We met up with Mike again today and rode the Great Movie Ride together, since that is where we met.

We also met up with one of my best friends who I used to work with on Main St. He works Guest Relations and VIP tours at MGM. If you see him, say hello and tell him Amanda sent you!!! He is so awesome.

We lost Jen and Andy for a bit...Jen was upset that we weren't doing more "rides" I told her to go to Universal. We all met up for Fantasmic! and they loved it!!

We spent our last day at Celebration and DTD where we spent a fortune!!!

Old 02-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #8
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

All and all it was a good trip. I definitely will be waiting a while to go on vacation with friends again. We just vacationed very differently and there was a lot of aggravation and fighting, amongst adults

I can't say enough about the Boardwalk though. I love staying there and will again in a hearbeat!!!

On a more positive note, it looks like I am finally taking the steps to move back to Orlando, so Disney look out!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #9
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Thanks for sharing. Note to self: DO NOT travel with brother. Oh, that wouldnt happen anyway cause SIL would never allow it! Nor would she be happy if we drank our way around the world....hmmm, maybe I should reconsider the note...

Love the shots (pics) Amanda and you have encouraged me to try a Bellini!

Old 02-11-2007, 04:44 PM   #10
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Thanks for sharing. Note to self: DO NOT travel with brother. Oh, that wouldnt happen anyway cause SIL would never allow it! Nor would she be happy if we drank our way around the world....hmmm, maybe I should reconsider the note...

Love the shots (pics) Amanda and you have encouraged me to try a Bellini!
Lol, my brother and I vacation very differently...he's more fly by the seat of your pants, stay in hostels type...I like more organized trips with HOTELS and my own bathroom I love my brother to death, but NEVER AGAIN!!!

Oh and Bellini is awesome!! I used to be able to find it at the liquor store by the bottle.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #11
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
We lost Jen and Andy for a bit...Jen was upset that we weren't doing more "rides" I told her to go to Universal. We all met up for Fantasmic! and they loved it!!

Told Jen to go to Universal...

What are you holding in this picture?
Old 02-11-2007, 06:08 PM   #12
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
Told Jen to go to Universal...

What are you holding in this picture?
We are holding our order sheets from Goofy's Candy Co. I had a rice crispy treat covered in milk chocolate and crushed peanut butter cups
Old 02-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #13
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
We are holding our order sheets from Goofy's Candy Co. I had a rice crispy treat covered in milk chocolate and crushed peanut butter cups
Ooh......... THIS is going on the itinerary!!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #14
DebIreland
ಠvಠ

Great job, well done! So sorry there was so much aggravation. That really sucks. You should go alone the next time and do only the things you want to do, especially as you have friends there to meet up with - it's hard to go with people who don't *get* Disney. Nice pics too! Oh, I agree about Illuminations, I could *never* tire of it!! And The Boardwalk....... bliss!!

Grieving Angry Widow
Old 02-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #15
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Great Trip Report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: