Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #91
LoraFriess
Earning My Ears

My apologies if this has already been answered but I haven't found it answered yet. I was wondering if credit cards are accepted at the shops, food stands and restaraunts inside USO and if so what cards are accepted? We will be attending the halloween horror nights and might purchase food and drinks and maybe even shop a tad while we are there and wanted to know if we needed to plan and have extra cash or if we can just use our credit card? Thanks
LoraFriess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #92
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoraFriess View Post
My apologies if this has already been answered but I haven't found it answered yet. I was wondering if credit cards are accepted at the shops, food stands and restaraunts inside USO and if so what cards are accepted? We will be attending the halloween horror nights and might purchase food and drinks and maybe even shop a tad while we are there and wanted to know if we needed to plan and have extra cash or if we can just use our credit card? Thanks
Credit cards are accepted practically everywhere except some carts.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #93
1rockinmama
Mouseketeer

The official Universal IOA site doesn't have operating hours for Dec. yet and we're trying to plan a day there within our WDW trip. Does anyone know when they'll be posted or have a last years hours sheet so I have an idea of their hours for that month? We're specifically looking at a day b/t 12/11-12/16. TIA.
'03 California Grand--'04 Disneyland Hotel--'05 Disneyland off-site--'08 Pop Century--'08 AS Movies--'09 AS Music--'10 AS Movies *Mommy/Daughter Trip*--'10 AS Music--'11 AS Sports--'12 AS Movies--'13 AofA-LM '14 CBR
1rockinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #94
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rockinmama View Post
The official Universal IOA site doesn't have operating hours for Dec. yet and we're trying to plan a day there within our WDW trip. Does anyone know when they'll be posted or have a last years hours sheet so I have an idea of their hours for that month? We're specifically looking at a day b/t 12/11-12/16. TIA.
The normal park hours are usually 9-6 during that time of year.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:53 AM   #95
cagenot
Mouseketeer

Thank You All

Newbie posting but I´ve been reading this wonderful forum for almost 6 months now and I just wanted to say thank you I have just arrived from my 10 day trip to Orlando and had a wonderful time. All your tips and suggestions just made things soooo much easier.

I´m going to write a trip report with lots of pics (I know you like trip reports ) as thank you to all of you. At the moment I´m still sorting pics out as I have too many of them , so just give me a couple of days to get things started.

Thanks again
cagenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:52 AM   #96
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Are annual passes only for sale by Universal directly? Is there anywhere to get them cheaper from a dealer?

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #97
Ron Nelson
Mouseketeer

Good Afternoon,

we are going to be going to IOA/US Feb 10-Feb 13 and have been trying to find what rides are usually down that time of year, can anyone help?

thank you

:d ance3:
Ron Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #98
disneymami
por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

child with disability

I'm now considering a trip to IOA next year. I know lots about Disney, but virutally nothing about Universal. I'd love to take my kids, one has autism.
Last year at EPCOT I obtained a guest assistance card which allowed us to use the wheelchair entrance for her. It worked out very well for her and for me. But I wonder does IOA offer something similar? I have not come across anything about wheelchair entrances for any attractions at Universal. Does Universal offfer its guests with non physical disablities any special accomodations?
Thanks

1977 - first trip to the world with my parents and brother - MK - (the seed is planted)
1985 - college spring break with friends - MK (the seed starts to take root)
1992 - drove from NY with boyfriend now DH - MK & EPCOT (the obsession is growing)
2009 - first trip with my twin girls - WL resort; MK & EPCOT (completely incurable disney fanatic)
disneymami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #99
disneymami
por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

tickets to IOA and being a resort guest

I'm not sure if my information is correct. Can anyone offer help.

I'd like to stay at the Royal Pacific. I plan to buy a one day one park ticket.
1) can I buy that ticket months in advance - my trip is for Aug 2011?

2) the child is 9 years old now but will be 10 next year. Can I buy the child's ticket at the child rate now?

3) I'm staying onsite. Do I get any other special perk aside from the express pass program and the free transportation to the park?

thanks! I know loads about Disney but hardly anything about Universal.

1977 - first trip to the world with my parents and brother - MK - (the seed is planted)
1985 - college spring break with friends - MK (the seed starts to take root)
1992 - drove from NY with boyfriend now DH - MK & EPCOT (the obsession is growing)
2009 - first trip with my twin girls - WL resort; MK & EPCOT (completely incurable disney fanatic)
disneymami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #100
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymami View Post
I'm not sure if my information is correct. Can anyone offer help.

I'd like to stay at the Royal Pacific. I plan to buy a one day one park ticket.
1) can I buy that ticket months in advance - my trip is for Aug 2011?

2) the child is 9 years old now but will be 10 next year. Can I buy the child's ticket at the child rate now?

3) I'm staying onsite. Do I get any other special perk aside from the express pass program and the free transportation to the park?

thanks! I know loads about Disney but hardly anything about Universal.
1) Yes...you can buy the ticket now...it will still be valid as long as you don't activate it at the gate.

2) If your child will be 10 before your trip, I would go ahead and purchase the adult ticket for her. It's only $8.00 more.

3) Onsite guests receive unlimited Express access, priority seating at restaurants with your room key and early entry into WWoHP...if nothing changes.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #101
39CINDERELLA
Waiting to dance at the Ball with my Prince
Educate me you Smarties!
My dd thinks I have gone off the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Are annual passes only for sale by Universal directly? Is there anywhere to get them cheaper from a dealer?
like to know too.

can you upgrade 7 day tx from a broker for an AP? what is cost of AP? TIA
Old 09-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #102
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39CINDERELLA View Post
like to know too.

can you upgrade 7 day tx from a broker for an AP? what is cost of AP? TIA
Yes, you can upgrade the 7 day ticket. The price of APs are here: http://www.universalorlando.com/Tick...nnualpass.aspx The Power Passes are just for FL residents but the other 2 APs can be purchased by anyone. The 7 day ticket has a value of $174.99 plus tax so that would apply to your annual pass purchase.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #103
go2grl
Earning My Ears

Smile

Another question about the AP for Non-FL residents. I'm thinking of buying the Preferred Pass so I can take advantage of the discount on the 7 day tickets, but if I'm reading it right, I wouldn't be able to buy the other tickets until we arrived in December.

1. Is this right?
2. Is there ever an issue with supply?
3. How much more are the tickets at the gate?
4. Can I buy the 7 day tickets at the RPR where we will be staying and still get the 15% discount the AP gives?

In general, is the AP a good deal? It looks like the extra $$ spent on it is almost made up with the 15% discount on (2)7 day park to park tickets I'm planning to get, but I'm of the mind that if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Thanks for any insight!
go2grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #104
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by go2grl View Post
Another question about the AP for Non-FL residents. I'm thinking of buying the Preferred Pass so I can take advantage of the discount on the 7 day tickets, but if I'm reading it right, I wouldn't be able to buy the other tickets until we arrived in December.

1. Is this right?
2. Is there ever an issue with supply?
3. How much more are the tickets at the gate?
4. Can I buy the 7 day tickets at the RPR where we will be staying and still get the 15% discount the AP gives?

In general, is the AP a good deal? It looks like the extra $$ spent on it is almost made up with the 15% discount on (2)7 day park to park tickets I'm planning to get, but I'm of the mind that if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Thanks for any insight!
1. Yes...you have to have an activated AP before you can purchase any tickets at the AP discount.

2. I doubt all tickets would be sold out.

3. Tickets at the gate should be the same price that's on the website.

4. I think you would need to purchase the seven day tickets at the parks if you're using the AP discount.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #105
go2grl
Earning My Ears

Thank you MW!
go2grl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: